Ships Type 10 Defender Club

virgins: smuggling in a hauler/diamond back twins
chads: smuggling in a 2000t steel brick. 😎
seriously this thing if you decide to engineer to run cold can run at 18% heat(It is that cold blooded), and you can derp around in silent running for a incredible 30s, even when not engineered still a impressive ~20s. the only weakness really is the size-- you will bump into the mail slot and take some damage as a result(silent running turns off shields).
Still I could imagine the dweller's face when he learns that I did it in a 2000 ton steel brick :LOL:

Last edited:
well it first started out as me and my friend looking for meta alloy to unlock engineers, but when he saw my "thicc-10" he remarked: "I'm pretty sure that is considered a small planet, and you can land on it and do stuff"
next thing we know is what is supposed to be a meta-alloy gathering trip turned into "can you drive around on the top of a type-10 challange"
there is the issue is that type-10's hitbox is even more massive then the hull itself, aka it is not form fitting as one would have expected. But after 2h, we have results after having him throw himself off a cliff:

91D3CC2A2956046295C1F2AC8EEEA26D4698DDCB

Last edited:
I hated the whale, but after I bought one and start using her, with all A graded, I hated even more :p ;
One day later, I start visiting all engineers - and I realized, suddenly, she become a LOT more friendly, AFTER you get hell fully engineered !

I found, also, after intense testing, the best role for her, in my hands, is as a heavily armed miner - I do not care about pirates, and I not even bother to look at them - the turrets make the cleaning job pretty fast :p
Is a lot more agile than a T9, better jump range, and can mine a lot more than a Python, and in the same time can take a lot more punishment.

Is a perfect role for here, and a sweet relationship start to develop between the whale and me :p

I will say she is the best miner after the mining Queen, the Cutter, and after the Conda. Is a LOT cheaper than a Cutter, no grind involved, and right now, is half the price of a Conda - thanks to the discounts.
The only thing who really need a buff are the shields.... module damage you can easily repair with an AFMU, in deep space, but hull damage are another story...

Last edited:
I took advantage of the recent sales and took the plunge, built something out of the modules and materials I has laying around with some new bits added in to make her feel welcome to the fleet.

So far I'm getting used to PVE BH in Haz Res and she seems like a fun girl, a different approach to my usual Medium combat / BH ships, but as long as I keep the target above me and let the turrets do their thing I am doing OK. Now using it as a test bed for when I unlock packhounds and for training my new pilot up.

might also use her for an armed trader, submitting to interdictions and laughing at the poor PVE priates

Hey everyone and Merry Xmas..

I need some help with what shield i should use on this build https://s.orbis.zone/blsR

Should i keep the Bi-weave or use a normal 8A shield..

Thanks for your help.

I should maybe point i will use it as a multi role ship only for PVE.

Last edited:
A 8A, and even a Prismatic 8A, when will crash ( and oh boy, you will lose shields so fast and so often in the fat lady ! ) - will take centuries until recover - so yeah, bi-wave all day long !
A well engineered bi-wave will get back very fast, and T10 shields are probably THE worst shields for any big ship - hell, even a Python have better shields !
So, once you end up with bad shields anyway, better have one who can recharge as fast as is possible. I run a fully engineered bi wave on my whale and I can do more than decent in her...

Bi-weave is better since the Type-10 relies on hull. You want those shields to charge asap. You going to try to engineer them? Is this for PvE only?

Yes its for PVE. And i have materiel to engineer the shield to grade 3 to start with.. :) i am going for reinforced shield..

someone said that the Diamondback twins runs colder then the type 10, but when I went and parked on top of a star with the dbx, left it there while I went of to get some tea, only to find that my DBX is on fire. and the star was a cooler red dwarf kind.
meanwhile I can use T10 to sit on superhot white giant all day without a single problem, and it staying a cool 62% heat
Screenshot_0037.jpg

(system is hip 23586 btw)
am now 100% sure where all the missing armor went on the type 10 vs anacondas ultralight armor, type 10 is 50% heatvents is why(cooked mysellf with type 9 doing the same thing, so came to the conclusion of that)

Last edited:
someone said that the Diamondback twins runs colder then the type 10, but when I went and parked on top of a star with the dbx, left it there while I went of to get some tea, only to find that my DBX is on fire. and the star was a cooler red dwarf kind.
meanwhile I can use T10 to sit on superhot white giant all day without a single problem, and it staying a cool 62% heatView attachment 202702
am now 100% sure where all the missing armor went on the type 10 vs anacondas ultralight armor, type 10 is 50% heatvents is why
Yup, no ship is cooler than the Type-10 IIRC.

right.....I just given it a golden paint job, while it looks good under certain lighting conditions, most of the time it looks like dull brass or something.

Screenshot_0057.jpg
Screenshot_0058.jpg
buff gold and chrome paint FD plz
unless I'm missing on a specific graphic setting

tfw you fly type 10 for so long that you completely forget how mass lock works, because of its 2nd highest mass lock in the game(26) 🙃
exiting the rings after a mining run one day and low-waking, and it says: mass lock imhibition by a factor of 27, and the FSD being extremely slow to boot up.
me: what the hell it is going on
looks around and find a cmdr in a cutter passing by.
took me a min to remember what is mass lock factor, and how it works 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom