Ships Type 10 Shielding Issue?

I have just bought a Type-10 space cow, outfitted it as a turret-boat so that I could pew-pew in a fighter. Then I noticed a problem: Turret-boats should be well-shielded and the type 10 isn't. I have 6A normal shields engineered for thermal resistance, as well as several boosters, and I may have remembered this wrong, but my shields didn't get above 300.
What am I doing wrong? Can I fix it? Should I just scrap it for parts?
Help will be very much appreciated.

I am looking at a sort of armed trader role where I can hop in a fighter if I get interdicted, I thought that class 8 shields may impact my cargo a bit too much. I would be willing to if the type 10 had more space for heavy trading. With the space it has now, however, using class 8 shields would essentially turn it into a bigger, less useful version of my Krait mk2 (which I use for trading, combat, bounty-hunting. It is second only to my FDL).

I would put an 8 sized bi-weave shield and then a 7 sized fighter hangar. With engineered shield boosters and Guardian Shield Reinforcements, you could reach 2,000 or more.

If I were carrying lots of cargo, I would not be using the T10, if you want to fight it out on a cargo run, use size 8 shlds ... sorry, but there it is.

Although, it is not just about the mJ, resistances affect the damage the shlds take by quite a lot. Ignore the details on this, it's a work in progress I dropped the shlds to 6A to see what I got, but the wpns might interest you too:

Use a Corvette, Cutter (or Beluga :LOL:)
FTFY

Generally, using a c8 bi-weave is nice, it's just draining your sys capacitor very fast, especially when having only a c7 distributor.

The Type-10 has a much lower maximum shield value then Corvette or Cutter, so to be on the safe side, use one of them.
Also a size 6 shield generator is terribly undersized for a Type-10.

FTFY

Generally, using a c8 bi-weave is nice, it's just draining your sys capacitor very fast, especially when having only a c7 distributor.

The Type-10 has a much lower maximum shield value then Corvette or Cutter, so to be on the safe side, use one of them.
Also a size 6 shield generator is terribly undersized for a Type-10.
You dont maneuver the type 10 your pips should look like this: 4/0/2 3/0/3 2/0/4

:)

If you want to have an trader that can defend itself against NPCs and run away against players, I'd suggest you to try out this T9 build: https://s.orbis.zone/46dh

I've built this T9 for myself to do trade missions and take down the Anacondas that are sent after you when you do that. It's a lot of fun to fight big ships in this T9 and actually win the fight. Of course you're also relying on the help of the police in that build. The extra class 8 optional slot just gives you way more cargo capacity than the T10 can bring to the table.

Last edited:
8c bi-weave thermal resistant lo-draw + couple of class E resistance augmented shield boosters, about 500-600 hp of shields - fighting in CZs without issues. Or maybe this is because of 4 class 3 fragment cannons...

Top Bottom