Type-7 Trade-in

Hi all,

I am having an issue where it seems I cannot get my trade-in value for the Type-7 I currently fly. I was using it for trading but now want something a little more versatile. When I go to trade in my ship for another I don't think it is giving me my full trade value. If I remember correctly I bought this ship for 17 million and if I try to trade it in I am only getting 4 million back for my trade value. Am I missing something? I recently returned to the game after about a year of having it on the shelf. Forgive me for my return to n00b status lol. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Are you sure you're reading the interface correctly? It should be giving you 90% of the value of what you paid for it (and you are recalling the price correctly).

I'm thinking that the 4 million you are looking at is what it will cost you to buy the new ship with trade-in, rather than the actual trade in value of the T7. Screenshot and post for us to see what you're talking about.

PS: Don't forget to sell all modules (that you aren't storing) first; you get full value selling them from outfitting but only 90% if you leave them on the ship and trade them in.

Are you sure you're reading the interface correctly? It should be giving you 90% of the value of what you paid for it (and you are recalling the price correctly).

I'm thinking that the 4 million you are looking at is what it will cost you to buy the new ship with trade-in, rather than the actual trade in value of the T7. Screenshot and post for us to see what you're talking about.

PS: Don't forget to sell all modules (that you aren't storing) first; you get full value selling them from outfitting but only 90% if you leave them on the ship and trade them in.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home from work to verify. Weird thing is that it doesn't matter what ship I am trading in for, even if I can afford it I still don't see my current ship trade in value. A 32k sidewinder gives me the same -4 million bucks as a 14 million dollar dropship.

How is my Type 7 only worth 4 million? I'm really confused.

Attachments

• 20190521201050_1.jpg
    20190521201050_1.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 20190521201109_1.jpg
    20190521201109_1.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 200
Interesting, I was not aware that having a bounty on you affected ship sales value.

I was incarcerated yesterday for the first time in my ED career, it was quite disconcerting.

Aren't the parts hot too?
Make sure to clean everything before transferring hot parts to a new ship.

I believe I got the wanted level using a scarab doing a surface scan mission. Maybe the scarab is hot, not sure. I didn't have time to pay my bounty last night, but I should be able to tonight. Anyone interested in what happens?

When you get a bounty in one ship, or the scarab deployed from it, all parts of the ship are now ‘hot’.

If you store a module before paying off your bounty, it will remain hot in storage. You must ‘clean’ the module before equipping it again.

If you equip a clean part to a hot ship, the part also becomes hot.

Top Bottom