• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Typing in search bug

Severity
Moderate

Frequency
All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
Scenery

Description
So, upon typing "w" because I went to type western in the scenery tab instead of using filter, I left the w in the search bar and got a huge drop in frames, not sure this is a graphics related problem seeing as I have had no problems like others, but if needed I will post a video :D

Steps to Reproduce
Go to scenery, set the filter to western, and then type w in search.

I can confirm this behavior. Not sure why turning on a filter (any filter) and then typing w (or anything) takes so much longer for it to sort then not have a filter on and typing something in the search field. The delay is much more pronounced (like 10-15 seconds with filter and less than 5 seconds without filter).

The basics:
  • Core I7, 975@3.33Ghz
  • Windows 10, 64 bit
  • Nvdia Geforce GTX1080
  • 12 Gb RAM
With the filter already on, shouldn't the search be even faster rather than slower? Must be something I don't know.. and there's a lot, I don't know! ;-)

QA-Mark

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Thanks for the report. I have reproduced the issue and passed the information on for further investigation.