Tyrany Has a New Face in Lave

When Lave Radio's listeners tried to show the crew their appreciation, a handful of alliance player groups showed their real faces.
As Lave Radio Network has the wrong color these groups decided to they had the right to dictate what Lave Radio Network can and cannot do. A brief war was fought and won by the alliance and they sought to make pretend that this was acceptable behaviour with the following statement (source: Lave Radio Episode 166)

The Alliance of Independent Systems has been in and around the Lave cluster for quite some time now and many Alliance pilots found a first or second home in the region. While the systems around Alioth that founded the Alliance are certainly its political center, the Old Worlds in the eyes of many can be seen as its economical heart. For this exact reason Prime Minister Mahon started an initiative in June 3301 to strengthen the economical bonds with the systems around Leesti. To ensure the safety of traders of all affiliations, Mahon didn’t hesitate to announce the open trade agreement for the whole Lave cluster and officially commissioned the Alliance Defence Force to establish a permanent presence in the sector to fight piracy and crime. (Galnet News from 28 JUN 3301)

While Leesti has been a place of trouble more than once in the last couple of years, Lave used to be a peaceful system with tremendous growth. It was only until a broadcast of the local Lave Radio announced to claim rights over Lave Station that members of the ADF realized the old system was on the edge of a civil war. We, the signing Alliance groups, immediately mobilized for a joint operation alongside independent Alliance pilots to help the local government to restore law and order.

Despite a quick but hard-earned victory over the passionate fighting supporters of the Lave Radio Network, we hereby make the recommendation towards the local government to grant the LRN control over the local Warinus station in order to ensure long-term peace and cooperation rather than permanent skirmishes and instability. If the local factions agree on this proposal, we are willing to support LRN in the necessary work to move offices and staff between stations. We commit ourselves to this endeavour for the good of all citizens within the Old Worlds.

The Alliance has shown strength in defending their citizens, now it is time to show tolerance and kindness. The whole conflict seems to be an issue of
communication and clarity of intentions rather than malevolence. We hope this offer will help to comfort those who feel frustrated about what happened, and that it will build bridges between those who fought each other in a futile conflict. For that Lave will be a peaceful, merry place again.

Signing Alliance groups in alphabetical order:
AEDC (Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps)
Aid (The Allies)
AMF (Alliance Military Force)
DAWN (New Dissident And Wired Network)
RI (Remlok Industries)
TCF (Terran Colonial Forces)

These alliance groups have made it clear that being a green npc faction is far more important than being a yellow player faction. During negotiations they threatened to permanently keep us inside Lave, holding us hostage because we had the audacity to seek the right to play the game in a system they believe they have exclusive ownership of.

They have on multiple occasions made it clear that they believe they speak on behalf of the entire alliance, including when their leader said this:

This from a group who claim they are elite diplomats.

This is gunboat diplomacy at its finest.

Last edited:
Placeholder BRB

Complex issues here.
Lots of passion.

Dot points:
* Lave important in lore.
* The Code sets up in Old Worlds region declares "New Caribbean"
* Alliance groups begin custodianship of Old Worlds region.
* Mahon declares Old Worlds free trade zone. (GalNet)
* Mahon claims Leesti as a control system. (Cycle 3 PowerPlay)
* Alliance PMFs set up in Old Worlds region.
* Alliance groups' program of containment of The Code and flipping systems to Alliance.
* Popular PMF Lave Radio Network set up in Lave.
* Initial negotiations show LRN not very interested in BGS and expansion.
* Alliance project to overthow hated dictatorship Justice Party of Leesti.
* LRN decide to take over Lave, and consult with a senior Alliance PowerPlay CMDR. Wider Alliance not informed.
* Multiple Alliance groups with closer ties to the Old Worlds defend Lave from takeover.
* Civil War
* Lave held by Alliance minor faction Workers Of Lave
* Negotiated settlement between belligerents as above in OP.

Key things to note:

Both sides make strong claims to Lave.
Neither side willing to back down.
Both sides fought hard.
Outcome was decided on the field.

Subsequent decisions as outlined above were negotiated among belligerents.

Matter is settled.

post will include the words 'haddock', 'Confucious' and 'inconsequential'.
as predicted.

[update]:
For those coming in late, there is a fresh reveal:
The CMDRs pushing the BGS on behalf of Lave Radio Network are not actually part of Lave Radio Network - the podcasters.
At the moment I am characterizing OP and the cohort this way:
OP: "Hey can we play with your BGS faction?"
LRN:"Sure go ahead, we're not using it."

Last edited:
So in the end alliance is crap

So much being protection of freedom

God damn space hobos

Last edited:
Well Lave Radio... Mass media channel

Dr. Hans Walden, known for the use of Mass Media propaganda to enforce/instill his doctrines and "truth"

Lave Radio a front for the return of the Dr?

I was wishing LRN guys success because I like them, not because PMFs would have some inherited rights. Player and NPC factions are technicaly same in all aspects and there is no reason why they shouldn't be equal. Some original factions are adopted, some player factions are abandoned. And I haven't noticed complaint of this type when SDC or CODE was opressed by NPC factions which were obviously preferable to many.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Lave Radio's listeners tried to show the crew their appreciation, a handful of alliance player groups showed their real faces.
As Lave Radio Network has the wrong color these groups decided to they had the right to dictate what Lave Radio Network can and cannot do. A brief war was fought and won by the alliance and they sought to make pretend that this was acceptable behaviour with the following statement (source: Lave Radio Episode 166)

This from a group who claim they are elite diplomats.

This is gunboat diplomacy at its finest.

But are you then trying to tell other groups what they can and cannot do by saying they cannot get involved in the BGS in Lave if it goes against what you want?

What gives LRN this right, especially when demonising the other side.

If you can answer that question, why the LRN has the right to say who can and cannot get involed in the BGS of Lave, and which factions people are allow to support or not, then you might have a point.

Otherwise, you lost a war in the BGS and are throwing your toys out of the cot simply becuase you did not get what you felt entitled to but didnt obtain in game.

Losing at a game isnt Tryanny, and if that is the view of Lave Radio , then you have lost respect and a listener

Last edited:
I like many have a soft spot for Lave so don't mind the original controlling faction staying in control and had no interest in this fight, particularly as the controlling faction was a democracy and LRN are not.

But generally I see major faction player groups having no problems with eating up independent systems. When you see them kicking out democracies to replace with corporations and others you soon realise they have no interest in the purported ethics of their power or the will of the people (after all they are only NPCs), it's just about expanding their colour.

I can't see that changing so in the meantime I will fight for the little NPC independent democracy where I call home and hope FDev bring in a process that would allow them to head out of the bubble to set up in one of the thousands of systems we explorers have found.

Unless that happens I see no future for independents as they will gradually be crushed under the boot of the major factions.

So while I may not get involved in this war as it's Lave, I'll wish any independent trying to remain or become free good luck against the neighbourhood bullies.

I love the lave radio guys, so this is no slight on them............... and hell i would have been fine there being a small planetary settlement being called "Lave radio HQ" or something as a nod to them.

but that said.... imo it is outrageous that any Player Factions were given any of the "Old Worlds"

they imo should totally have been out of bounds, including Lave and Orrere. (surely you would not put a PF in Sol or Achenar??? **sticking my neck out and hoping there ISNT a PF in Sol or Achenar ;) **

and hell i would have been fine there being a small planetary settlement being called "Lave radio HQ" or something as a nod to them.

If you go to the Civilian Broadcast signal source near Lave you can find the Orange Sidewinder (a vessel liberated from the Alliance 'voluntary' work programs) broadcasting truth and hope to the oppressed Lavians.

Needed now more than ever after the brutal Alliance crackdown on dissenters.

Top Bottom