UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That's part of the Xmas treasure hunt. Nothing to do with the UA.

Is it and old xmas treasure hunt mission? Isn't it some standalone mission? Like you go find the downed ship and get a reward, bunch of expensive cargo and such.

Last one I did like that had palladium and similar stuff to be scooped.

Last edited:
You gotta use some brainsmerts to narrow it down. For instance, since the UA's point at Merope, the faintest star for marrying a mortal, I'm currently searching the 'faintest' planet in Atlas, Merope's dad. It's a system with seven planets, and 6 are high metal content, 6 are big, 6 are planets. One is 'Moon Merope', and I search there. No guarantee, but I think you're the only one silly enough to think people are searching 'the Galaxy'. =]

I found some very interesting things in Atlas..

Is it and old xmas treasure hunt mission? Isn't it some standalone mission? Like you go find the downed ship and get a reward, bunch of expensive cargo and such.

Yes you are right. BTW, it has nothing to do with the UA. I was just stopping the hype ;)

It an article in the local paper. They stay quite long.
Typical treasure hunt hint, not a mission.

I'm on route to 27 Gamma Cassiopeiae (near LBN 623) at the moment which has a Black Hole and Neutron Star.

Speak for yourself commander. I've just found him out there, and I know it's the real Elvis. No look-alike can fool me!

That's it you won the Internet.

I'm done for today.

HAHAA

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Any major black holes not too far from the bubble besides Maia?

If I were Frontier I'd stick 'em there. =p

The first one I visited was Gamma Centauri I believe it is relatively close to the bubble.

Working nav beacons spell out the name of the system / main star. Crashed nav beacons say BROKEN.

I'd bet money that there are some nav beacons that say something else. Best listen to them and see if any are different.

e.g... During the Jeffress Treasure Hunt, during the final clue, people kept saying "Prism has nothing to do with it" and I took their word for it. If I had bothered to investigate myself, maybe I would've won the 10M and a Corvette... just sayin'.

I'd bet money that there are some nav beacons that say something else. Best listen to them and see if any are different.

e.g... During the Jeffress Treasure Hunt, during the final clue, people kept saying "Prism has nothing to do with it" and I took their word for it. If I had bothered to investigate myself, maybe I would've won the 10M and a Corvette... just sayin'.

Yep, Frontier do seem to like their morse. We've been primed to listen for it and decode it etc by the UA mystery, and it's been used in the treasure hunts too.

Not sure how accurate, but: MAYDAY THIS IS TRANSPORT 8529 MAYDAY WERE GOING DOWN OUR POSITION IS FURBAIDE 4 A LATITUDE 14 LONTNITUDE 145 I REPEAT WERE GOING DOWN MAYDAY
Independently checked (by me). Confirmed correct copy.
That's part of the Xmas treasure hunt. Nothing to do with the UA.
You're sure? That's a pity.

But it might be a good idea for all of us to check the news bulletins at stations we visit, just to see if there's something like clue.

Independently checked (by me). Confirmed correct copy.

You're sure? That's a pity.

But it might be a good idea for all of us to check the news bulletins at stations we visit, just to see if there's something like clue.

Yes, when i come back to the game i will check lave... seems the more likely place right?

My money's on this: barnacles on an airless high metal planet orbiting a black hole. (Extra cool if the black hole is the only stellar-sized object in the system)

I'm on route to 27 Gamma Cassiopeiae (near LBN 623) at the moment which has a Black Hole and Neutron Star.

My theory is that the bubble around the star has the UA's but they've traveled some distance.

Anyone know on average how far the "bubble" of UA's are from Merope? What is the furthest known UA from Merope?

My theory is that the bubble around the star has the UA's but they've traveled some distance.

Anyone know on average how far the "bubble" of UA's are from Merope? What is the furthest known UA from Merope?

They are found between 135 and 150lys from Merope, in the so called 'shell'. It's not a bubble because there are no UAs closer to Merope than 135 lys. It was the same in 1.4 too, they have not traveled since then.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately there's no planets in 27 Gamma Cassiopeiae but I'll be having a look around the sector at any systems with A or B class Stars.

Last edited:
My money's on this: barnacles on an airless high metal planet orbiting a black hole. (Extra cool if the black hole is the only stellar-sized object in the system)

I checked that out already .. but you know there are millions of square KM's to cover..

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

They are found between 135 and 150lys from Merope, in the so called 'shell'. It's not a bubble because there are no UAs closer to Merope than 135 lys. It was the same in 1.4 too, they have not traveled since then.

Then I guess we should look 135-150ly's out from another black hole nearby.. could be more UA's out there?

I'd be interested in mapping any other black holes near by our civilized shell..

Taken from steam discussions

The ones I know about are as follows:

-HIP 63835 (3 black holes, around 200ly from Sol)

-11 Sagittae (1 black hole, around 400ly from Sol)

-HIP 100289 (1 black hole, around 300ly from Sol)

-HIP 28711 (1 black hole, around 400ly from Sol)

-40 Upsilon-2 Hydrae (1 black hole, around 250ly from Sol, also has a neutron star)

-HIP 19218 (1 black hole, around400 ly from Sol)

-HIP 47296 (2 black holes, around 400ly from Sol)

-HIP 103442 (3 black holes, around 1000ly from Sol)

-27 Gamma Cassiopeiae (1 black hole, around 550ly from Sol, also has a neutron star)

-Beta Muscae (1 black hole, around 300ly from Sol, also has a neutron star)

-Dabih Minor (3 black holes, around 270ly from Sol)

-HIP 18442 (3 black holes, around 650ly from Sol)

-HD 175514 (2 black holes, around 1100ly from Sol)

-Maia (1 black hole, around 400ly from Sol, inside the Pleiades Nebula)

-HR 1185 (1 black hole, around 400ly from Sol)

-HIP 37017 (1 black hole, around 400ly from Sol)

-HIP 34707 (1 black hole, around 140ly from Sol)

-p Puppis (1 black hole, around 200ly from Sol)

And of course:

-Sagittarius A* (1 Supermassive black hole, around 26,000ly from Sol at the Galactic Center)

-Great Annihilator (2 black holes, around 22,000ly from Sol near the Galactic Center)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom