UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you are going with a strict tidal lock planet then you'd have to eliminate systems that feature multiple stars that way you can literally have a side "where the sun don't shine" to put a more scientific spin on that old insult.

Also may be redundant but don't forget that tidally locked moons may still show their backsides to the sun depending on the main planet's rotation so you can rule those out too.

To summarize if you're looking for a tidally locked world then you're gonig to need a standalone TL planet in a single star system.

My other question is why the dark side though.... yeah the trailer shows what we assume are barnacles on the dark side of a moon (Pink Floyd reference maybe?) does temperature/solar radiation inhibit barnacle and or UA growth? or is it maybe a function that it is easier to see what we are looking for with low ambient lighting? could we be looking for some sort of light emitting object? after all the UAs do light up if they are from the same sort of origin/construction.
I think it's a case of these things glow and would look cooler on a trailer if they were to be shown in the dark nothing more.

ok, so we know that shipwrecks don't show up as a blue-circle POI on the ship sensors... but do they still show up on the SRV wave scanner? Is there a unique wave pattern for each ship type, or just one pattern for all ships?

We should be focusing on places that seem interesting to a barnacle to be honest.

Large Barnacles to be precise.
PEOPLE have dubbed it a large barnacle. The thargoid ships looked like large barnacles.. I don't think that is a coincidence.

What was interesting to the Thargoids?

@MB as your about at the mo could you clear something up for me please.
When a player submits a Galnet post what is the criteria for getting one on.
does it have to be just well written or does it have to be something that will not take us in the wrong direction? or both?

Last edited:
Alright, I want to be more involved in this, just arrived in Maia and, for what it's worth, spent an hour or two looking for anything new on the surface of the planet the starport is orbiting around. If anyone could point me anywhere I could help the research better, that'd be grand :)

PEOPLE have dubbed it a large barnacle. The thargoid ships looked like large barnacles.. I don't think that is a coincidence.

What was interesting to the Thargoids?
1. Ammonia
2. Witchspace
3. Ice.... (ammonia Ice?)
4. Utter and systematical extermination of hairless apes who are way too trigger happy to be left in close proximity to a hive/colon?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom