UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
About Ariel and the strange signals people are talking about... I spent quite a bit of time down in those canyons, and although it was utterly amazing, couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. The wave scans all seemed normal, but I did hear strange noises and to me unknown scanner sounds out of POI's, but it was finally only a nav beacon encrusted in a very steep wall which was making those noises. As I had never encountered one before, it sure gave me the creeps in that dark canyon. Could finally only find it with the ship...

Nope.

I sold over 250 to a station. To date, no effect.

Look at the station demand for UA, it varies according to staiton/outpost black market. Population of system is one factor, smaller outposts in low pop systems have lwoer demand, in pic tok it was 135 once we hit that it shut down. iapodes is 1100 but i think if we go to a few hundred it might be enough to affect it.

Ok everyone I thought I had better pipe up and remind you all of a very solid quote from one Mr Braben Himself. "the mystery of the UA is about to get DEEPER", maybe that is a reference we should also consider. It was just before 1.4 if I remember correctly. That is a very strong hint right there. Riz you may actually be onto something very important because of the deep canyons and mist theory. Is there anything like that in the Merope, Mia region. Even this getting POI's in the dark canyons sure sounds like a suspicious region. I will be heading there as soon as my SRV skills improve.

Yes. The same darn planet that Palin is building a base on has deep misty craters... it's like the bottom of the sea down there. I haven't found one so deep as Rizal described, nor did I find anything of particular interest, but it's a similar "feel".

Yes. The same darn planet that Palin is building a base on has deep misty craters... it's like the bottom of the sea down there. I haven't found one so deep as Rizal described, nor did I find anything of particular interest, but it's a similar "feel".

could deeper refer to up and down on the galactic plane ? might be worth considering

Hi,

I just in case use the Anagram generator for the name: Ishmael Palin.

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagra...de=&exclude=&n=&m=&source=adv&a=n&l=n&q=n&k=0

Got 21041 results

Some hilarious ones:
:):):):) Mile Ship
:):):):) Lime Hips
sailplane him

Alien Section:alien palm his
alien lamp his
alien palms hi
alien slam hip (HIP-catalog it is!! ;-) )
aliens lam phi (Is there lam-phi sector?)

Then I take systems from Trade Dangerous systems.csv to another file and do the famous grep -F -f Palin_anagrams.txt systems.txt and don't have any direct hits.

So

Thank you and forgive me :)

I have no idea, the same happened to me I never saw what it was garding, but it had to be something far more precious than gold, or battle weapons... could be biscuits...

I got one once and it was guarding... tea... Bit of a disappointment. And when you see Goliath, just hop into your ship. It's no match for that.

Heh dude. That *is* a Thargoid Warship. Is why I posted it.

https://drive.google.com/uc?view=export&id=0B8ck-2ELKOuLNEdYUTR4eERrWHc

The point being someone describing a Thargoid ship would likely describe it as a "large barnacle".

The theory of course being large barnacles could well be downed Thargoid ships, meta-alloys being materials used in Thargoid ships.

Although I don't expect all that to be true, I think it's more likely large barnacles will be structures that look *remarkably like* Thargoid ships, tho not likely to be 180m across, smaller versions perhaps.

Then again perhaps it will be a genuine Thargoid ship wreckage with meta-alloy at the crash site, finding a crashed ship *is* a decent hint at what's to come without giving too much away.

It should be quite a lot of stranded Thargoid ships left on planets after the Mycoid incident. INRA did surface bombing missions of Thargoid bases.

For the Goliaths, don't engage them with the SRV, as it's basically a death sentence. Get your ship, and blast them from the air...

Look at the station demand for UA, it varies according to staiton/outpost black market. Population of system is one factor, smaller outposts in low pop systems have lwoer demand, in pic tok it was 135 once we hit that it shut down. iapodes is 1100 but i think if we go to a few hundred it might be enough to affect it.

Good morning everybody.

This is the first concrete thing I'm reading in the last 200 posts :D
The number of UA needed to shut down a station could be strongly linked to UA demand in that system, indeed.

Jmanis, you cannot check UA demand in your system, because it has no commodities market, right? ;)

That said, we must also remember that we sell UA to the Black Market, not the official market, so we don't know if the two are linked somehow. I doubt it. But who knows?

As the Wings Trailer was mentioned yesterday I went back to watch it again and I kinda get the feeling that Cmdr Ishmael actually is not our friend Palin. The last thing he says is "Let's get to a station and see what this thing is worth."
This suggests to me that he found it somewhere, has no clue what it is, and now looks to make a profit from it, whatever it may be. Also, how exactly did we get the idea they're talking about the UA? I may have missed something, but neither itself nor its effects are shown or mentioned.

As for canyons on Maia B 1 B A: As I'm already sitting there I'm gonna use this opportunity to not play System Shock tonight but crawl back into my Cobra and have another look at a few places on this rock. As I mentioned yesterday I find the terrain to be a lot rougher than other places I have visited, and will try to find a couple of canyons, ravines and whatnots. And tea, of course.

Also, how exactly did we get the idea they're talking about the UA? I may have missed something, but neither itself nor its effects are shown or mentioned.

CaptureWings.PNG

It's mentioned :D

For the Goliaths, don't engage them with the SRV, as it's basically a death sentence. Get your ship, and blast them from the air...
Even then they can be pretty dangerous. One took out the shields on my Exploration Conda.
I had the Large Beam Turret to take it out, but without a functional PD, it doesn't do a lot.
Point Defence can help.

Heh dude. That *is* a Thargoid Warship. Is why I posted it.

https://drive.google.com/uc?view=export&id=0B8ck-2ELKOuLNEdYUTR4eERrWHc

The point being someone describing a Thargoid ship would likely describe it as a "large barnacle".

The theory of course being large barnacles could well be downed Thargoid ships, meta-alloys being materials used in Thargoid ships.

Although I don't expect all that to be true, I think it's more likely large barnacles will be structures that look *remarkably like* Thargoid ships, tho not likely to be 180m across, smaller versions perhaps.

Then again perhaps it will be a genuine Thargoid ship wreckage with meta-alloy at the crash site, finding a crashed ship *is* a decent hint at what's to come without giving too much away.

I can confirm that the meta-alloys can be found in the released version of the game.

Michael

Bitstorm, you now made MB unleash the Thargoids on us. You forced his hand.
Keep that in mind when we scream for help.

Even then they can be pretty dangerous. One took out the shields on my Exploration Conda.
I had the Large Beam Turret to take it out, but without a functional PD, it doesn't do a lot.
Point Defence can help.

Yes they are dangerous indeed. Although I take them down with a Viper easy, my shields do struggle. They never come down though. I do strafe a lot to evade those missiles, something I guess it's a bit more difficult with a Conda... You are quite a large target and hard to miss!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom