UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What i can tell for sure,
is that the UA has a galactic average price of roughly 330k creds on the black market.
All the other rares speculated to "be necessary to build an ua" (Dark wheel distribution theory)
were about 120k creds, as is the new item "scientific samples".
I am not sure on the market price of "Hafnium" however.

I think we can take those market prices as a rule of thumb to determine the rarity,
and maybe relevance to the upcoming UA-story arc.

They are currently ~330k? I think they used to be ~180-240k back then, this was when they were harder to come by, at least for the Canonn (such as it was then).

Did they jump in price at some point?

Last edited:
They are currently ~330k? I think they used to be ~180-240k back then, this was when they were harder to come by, at least for the Canonn (such as it was then).

That was the price Obsidian Orbital showed me on it's black market,
at the time before x-mas.
Didn't sell it though.
Please note this is the "galactic average" not the final payout.

Last edited:
That was the price Obsidian Orbital showed me on it's black market,
at the time before x-mas.
Didn't sell it though.
Please note this is the "galactic average" not the final payout.

Aye pretty sure it's increased then. I'll have a look tonight, maybe I have some old screenshots.

Maybe they put it up to encourage people to sell to stations or something.

Last edited:
A few pages back (OK, maybe now it's more than a few o_O), someone was asking how the UA 'drew' the pictures, so I thought I'd add grid-lines to the old UA Morse drawing tool to make it a bit more self-explanatory.

I made the changes to the last version of RedWizzard's modifications to my initial tool I had on hand, and then got a bit carried away modifying the stylesheet...

Hopefully there haven't been any major changes since I last downloaded it, and I wonder if the pre-sets are the latest cleanest decodings. Also, I suspect there are new ships that need to be added? I recall the Cobra MkIV had the same drawing as the MkIII.

Anyway, I present the UA Morse drawing tool v0.3b: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99992395/ua_draw3.html

Please PM me any additions/corrections/bugs.

That's awesome, thank you! I haven't been able to independently verify the morse chatter yet, but because I can't listen to it and make out the dots and dashes, but I haven't explored it that much either. I have been focused on the purrs (in fact I can't think of anything else).

There must be a code in the purrs, it's only 3 per wail but only when the UA is on the surface of a planet (it's 5 purrs per wail in space). it's still a 2 tone code but I think we can exclude morse from it because you can only get 7 different signals from it (000 001 010 011 100 101 110), notice something missing? there's no 111. also the 000 only appears every 7 wails. Because I only recorded 10 minutes, I only got to see 000 twice, so it's not conclusive.

My theory at this point is 1) it's drawing something on a hexagon 2) it's giving surface coordinates 3) it's random 4)I tried drawing them in your morse tool, but got only a bunch of triangles, but I don't exclude that it's the same code because those 6 signals represent letters in morse

The reason I think this wasn't found before is because the UAs only last 5 minutes in space, right? on the surface they appear to last indefinitely, what if we need 20 or 30 minutes of recordings to crack the purr code?

Last edited:
They don't want to give away too much. It isn't disrespectful. I'm still willing to bet there was some sort of error. No conspiracy.

Its the same as someone not confirming or denying anything. They don't want to spoil it by giving any information at all.

I'm still willing to bet he tweaked the numbers up or made some sort of adjustment.

Too many people are interested in this for him to allow all of us to waste our time.

With respect, this is not contributing to solving the mystery. It's not bringing the topic forward.
And please allow ourselves be the judge of who's wasting our time.
Please stop this slandering, it does not belong in topic.

Last edited:
Which released version though? Vanilla or Horizons.

I think probably both. As our illustrious pirate has mentioned, scanning NPC cargo ships may lead to a vanilla ED discovery of meta-alloys, although not in their "native" environment. Those will likely be found on planets via horizons. This way they can be found by both versions of the game.

Oh man I got all exited as I approached this POI, the bit sticking up in the air really looked like one of those alien spire things from the Horizons trailer, but when I got closer it was just an interestingly placed wreckage:

thoughtitwasabarnacle.png

I think probably both. As our illustrious pirate has mentioned, scanning NPC cargo ships may lead to a vanilla ED discovery of meta-alloys, although not in their "native" environment. Those will likely be found on planets via horizons. This way they can be found by both versions of the game.

Furthering the thoughtprocess you started there,
i guess they will be found in transport ships in space first.
Look at the text of the meta-alloy:
"...which can only be found in space" referring to their properties.

If you want to look for them planetside look for crashed ships,
i guess that is where they will be found, but as the UA,
not where they originated from.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
For my part, I just made my way to a UA system (stunned at how quickly those SSS appear, it really is spooky) that has a couple of landables - a moon and a high-gravity planet.

I'm going to pick one of these two later this evening and scour the hell out of it. I fancy the 4.3 Earth mass planet for fits and giggles (hoping my Python-flying chops are good enough). Don't know how long I plan to stay - probably as long as it takes to kill my SRV!

A few current prices ... and Muon Imager

Aye pretty sure it's increased then. I'll have a look tonight, maybe I have some old screenshots.

Maybe they put it up to encourage people to sell to stations or something.

What i can tell for sure,
is that the UA has a galactic average price of roughly 330k creds on the black market.
All the other rares speculated to "be necessary to build an ua" (Dark wheel distribution theory)
were about 120k creds, as is the new item "scientific samples".
I am not sure on the market price of "Hafnium" however.

I think we can take those market prices as a rule of thumb to determine the rarity,
and maybe relevance to the upcoming UA-story arc.

Hopper Relay / Delta Pavonis_______Gal.Avarage
Hafnium___(stolen) 54.267 Cr_______66K
UA_______(stolen) 271.324 Cr______330K
UA_______(not stolen) 361,765 Cr___330K
Antiquities_(stolen) 90.446 Cr_______110K
AI RELICS_(stolen) 108.535 Cr_______132K
Always show the same demand for each "Goods" in Blackmarket ... ugly, ugly ...
Gal.Avarage for UA was also at 330K before the last price increase in 1.3 and 1.4.

to Julio Montega (yesterday talk): Was able to solve the mystery of the "Muon Imager" via old screenshots-> bug! (wrong description) not at any surface but available in stations ...
muon_imager.jpg

For my part, I just made my way to a UA system (stunned at how quickly those SSS appear, it really is spooky) that has a couple of landables - a moon and a high-gravity planet.

I'm going to pick one of these two later this evening and scour the hell out of it. I fancy the 4.3 Earth mass planet for fits and giggles (hoping my Python-flying chops are good enough). Don't know how long I plan to stay - probably as long as it takes to kill my SRV!

Good call, the high gravity thing interests me aswell, one of the things I didn't mention from the Meta Alloys description but probably could have was that the "It is ultra-light and stronger and more versatile than most commercially available alloys." could be the result of something evolving on a high gravity world.
However I do kind of like Julio Montega's assertion that they could be found on ship wrecks, since that is a Barnacal-y place to be, in which case it really doesn't matter what kind of world it is on.

OK, I’ve added the Cobra MkIV (copied the MkIII), the Imperial Cutter, Asp Scout and Keelback. (Thanks Rizal for your hard work! o7)

I couldn’t find anything for the Viper MkIV and Federal Corvette though.

That link again: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99992395/ua_draw3.html

Here you are, all the new ships UA drawings signals, I could not afford the Corvette so I had to wait for some friend's recording:

Code:
[B]Asp Scout:[/B]
AJGFGJ AJGJEK AJEKBL 
BLEKBM BMEKFL BMFLCO 
COFLHL COHLDR DRHLMP 
DRMPRU EKGJHL EKHJFL 
GFKFNI GFNIGJ GJNIHL 
HLNIMP KFOGNI MPNIRU 
NIOGTI NITIRU RUTIXQ 
RUXQVV

[B]Corvette:[/B]
AJHFAC BNDMCO CJHFFJ 
CJFJGK CJGKDM CODMTV 
DMGKHL DMHLIL DMILTU 
DMTUTV FJHFII FJIIGK 
GKIIJJ GKJJJK GKJKIL 
GKILHL HFMFII IIMFQI 
IIQIJJ ILJKTU JJQIJK 
JKQIWP JKWPZT JKZTWV 
JKWVTU MFNFQI QIXOWP

[B]Cutter:[/B]
AGBFBJ AGBJAH BFCGBJ 
BJCGCH BJCHCI BJCICJ 
CHGFCI CIGFHI CIHIGJ 
GENHKI GEKIJM GEJMHI 
GEHIGF GJHIJM JMKILJ 
JMLJML JMMLNP KINHLJ 
LJNHOI LJOINK LJNKML 
MLNKRO MLROPP MLPPNP 
NGOGQI NGQIOI NGOINH 
NKOIVP NKVPUP NKUPRO 
NPPPSS OIQIQJ OIQJVP 
PPROUQ PPUQTR PPTRWU 
PPWUSS QJVOVP ROUPUQ 
TRUQYU TRYUWU UPVPVQ 
UPVQUQ UQVQYU VOWPVP 
VPWPVQ VQWPYU WPYSYU

[B]Kellback:[/B]
BOCNCP BOCPBQ BQCPCR 
CNEMEO CNEOCP CPEOFQ 
CPFQFS CPFSCR EKGJGN 
EKGNEM EMGNEO EOGNHP 
EOHPFQ FQHPIP FQIPMS 
FQMSHS FQHSES GJJIIK 
GJIKIN GJINGN GNINHP 
HPINIP HSMSIT IKJIJK 
IKJKIN INJKJL INJLIP 
IPJLMM IPMMMN IPMNOO 
IPOOMS JILJJK JKLJOJ 
JKOJMK JKMKJL JLMKMM 
MKOJNK MKNKMM MMNKMN 
MNNKOM MNOMON MNONNO 
MSNOTQ MSTQPS NKOJOM 
NOONTP NOTPTQ OJSJTP 
OJTPOM OMTPON PSTQTR 
SJVKTP TPVKWO TPWOWP 
TPWPUQ TPUQTQ TQUQTR 
UQWPVQ VKWKWO WKYMWO 
WOYMYO

[B]Viper MKIV:[/B]
BNIGDQ DQIGHL DQHLJM 
DQJMHO HLIGMF HLMFKK 
HLKKJM HOJMJP HSJPMN 
JMKKMM JMMMKN JMKNJP 
JPKNMN JUXMXO JUXOXQ 
JUXQKU KKMFQH KKQHRI 
KKRIMM KNMMMN MFRFQH 
MMRIMN QHRFTG RITGVH 
VHXJXM XJYKXM XMYKYN 
XMYNXO

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom