UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here's what I'm predicting will go down when(/if) we find these aliens structures...

Random explorer: "Is that a...? Woah...."

(<.<)

(>.>)

Explorer: "I'm 'unna touch it!"

*Touc-*

*Planet instantly implodes while an ancient evil is unleashed upon the galaxy via wormhole*

gravity now matters

During the Antares CG I observed that ship wreckages found on low orbit around a moon were slowly (and at times not so slowly) but surely falling toward the moon tugged by gravity. It would seem that this sort of behavior has been introduced with Horizons as gravity now starts to pay a bigger role in our flight model. Have we tried dropping UAs in different places like say... moons or better Merope itself?
I haven't checked to see if stellar bodies other than planets are pulling at objects yet.

Yes this is common game mechanics now! My CMDR hunt a lot to find things. As right now for some minutes as example:
varati_trinkets_05012016.jpgvarati_trinkets_success_NPC_jumped_out_05012016.jpg
But now the ejected cargo moves (really fast this time) to the planet. Usualy best change to catch an NPC (or convoi) when he "low wake" near a planet.
Make it more challenging with usual scooping. I like it ...:D
The trick is to get in line behind cargo and panet centre, same as in the CG, here in line with cargo -> centre from salvage SS
And of course I don't ask Mister Brookes here if "Lady Fortuna" in the Trinkets help to find MetaAlloys. My CMDR will find it out himself ...
So let the hunt evolve. Any prices from "The Cannon" for the first delivery to Varati? ;)

No, we won't. Sorry to say, it's not the first time you post something as fact when you can't know if it is. It's surprising you keep insisting on doing so in this thread, where it should be obvious by now most of us try to put quite a bit of emphasis on doing good science.

If someone finds a barnacle, meta-alloys, Thargoids or Elvis in a escape pod next week it could be that something was broken and they fixed it, or that everything was working and no one was looking in the right places, or that people were looking in the right places but the RNG wasn't favouring them,... I'm all for suggesting hypotheses, but not for making statements without evidence just because you choose to believe in a specific outcome without proof.

Wow.. the ignore list grows exponentially today. Don't like what someone says.. attack them, instead of the issue being discussed.

The fact no mission is needed is a great piece of information. Thanks for clarifying.

We now know enough that we can actually start searching without feeling like it is pointless now.

Problem is that there is no lore or history behind anyone else who's found it so there is very little to go on other than "its out there and you can find it on a moon".

I'm sticking to my guns and I'm willing to bet like I said Merope is a relay .. well not Merope - Maia because of its black hole and there is a 2nd bubble of UA's out there nearby. Whether the barnacle thing is related we can be sure of that now because he's posted about that "mission" in this thread which is dedicated to the UA.

At least now it can be fun going out and looking... still frustrating though with NOTHING to go on.

Last edited:
Obsidian Orbital being missing from the list could be a mistake, a retcon or a clue but I can't research it because there is something wrong with GalNet. The post about Lobachevsky Outpost on 2nd December has vanished as has the previous post that included a summary on 10th December. In fact most of December has dissapeared.

I checked in game this morning and all the missing December GalNet articles are still in game. That includes the one announcing Obsidian Orbital experiencing technical problems. I'm thinking the website has a database issue rather than any nefarious reason for the missing articles but I have my tinfoil hat ready just in case. ;)

I'm sticking to my guns and I'm willing to bet like I said Merope is a relay .. well not Merope - Maia because of its black hole and there is a 2nd bubble of UA's out there nearby. Whether the barnacle thing is related we can be sure of that now because he's posted about that "mission" in this thread which is dedicated to the UA.
We asked here and he replied here. Can you only talk to me about food when you're in the kitchen, even when I ask you about the weather? ;-)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom