UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you guys analyzing the video come to the conclusion,
that it is more likely to find barnacles on dark planet sides,
please consider the following:

- even if a system has no sun, there will be some illumination on the planet due to the background of the milky way
- if a barnacle is a "crashed" ship, it is likely to be found in a crater/canyon
- if it is an inact ship, i guess it landed in an artifically made landing zone featuring perfect geometry

Hope this kicks some life into your tinfoil sails:D

Just to make it clear, we do not know if those things in the trailer are barnacles. We should of course search for them, but until we know for sure we should not assume that they are the same things that appear in the in-game description and which are associated to meta-alloys. They may end up being that, but we just don't know yet.

We will see, but . . . .

Looks like a Barnacle, and no-one has posted any pictures showing anything similar. So I reckon it's a fair assumption. In fact, I'll make a wager of 10 tons of gold with you that it is a Barnacle.

While I agree a lot of the other links are a bit tenuous, the UA/Barnacle link makes sense. From a game design point of view, it doesn't make sense to introduce two alien elements, while clearly furthering an alien storyline (via palin) and then go "nope, these two things have nothing to do with each other". From a lore and logic point of view it doesn't make sense for two alien thing to occupy space near human space, when humans have only ever discovered one alien race in the past.

I actually thought they all were plausible, at the time. It's easy to imagine connections where none exist, and it's also easy to assume "since I can make a plausible argument that these two things are connected, let's assume that they are". But obviously it takes more than a plausible argument either way, you have to consider the pros and cons and always be wary of apophenia.

Don't get me wrong - I love the various ideas including that which suggests the barnacles are wreckage of Thargoid ships. But I'm done rushing around like a headless chicken following every lead as if I'm a few seconds away from 1st contact. I am now passively searching. :)

As for the lack of plausibility of multiple alien species? I don't see why. It's a bigger, more detailed cosmos than previous games, and a previous Galnet post has hinted of species spin-offs. And I don't think anyone is expecting the Thargoid homeworld to be anywhere near human space, but possibly some kind of gateway/portal could be.

Has anyone tried punching a UA in the face?

In many movies, solutions are found by punching things (people, animals, etc) in the face. The UA seems to have a face, and therefore it can be punched there. Maybe it'll squeal and tell us what it knows. Or maybe punching it in the face will simply provide a sense of moral rectitude.

If that doesn't work - we could approach a UA nonchalantly and take up a position as though we are waiting to have our shoes shined by it, then hand over a £20 note and whisper "What's the word on the street, Johnny?"

If that doesn't work, back to punches in the face, repeatedly.

(It has to be in the face though, or it won't work. Right in the face)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPWpEKhgfk

I drew a helpful diagram for those wishing to find the face:

View attachment 92823

So helpful it took me 30 seconds in paint to make and i left a white strip at the top ;)
And only managed to inform you of the location of the head, not face.
Well you have to do SOME things yourself.

Oh.... THOSE are the unmentionables?

I guess we now understand the loud howling. Sorry, mysterious alien species!

- even if a system has no sun, there will be some illumination on the planet due to the background of the milky way
- if a barnacle is a "crashed" ship, it is likely to be found in a crater/canyon
- if it is an inact ship, i guess it landed in an artifically made landing zone featuring perfect geometry

Dark, distant and deep went the disallusioned LOL

Thank you, a fair observation and one I shall keep in mind.

Dark, distant and deep went the disallusioned LOL

Thank you, a fair observation and one I shall keep in mind.

I'm not 100% sure on the background lighting though,
and one can search for a tidally locked planet, but the excerpt might just have been
taken in the dark phase to hide hints, aswell.

The static is still a pain but playing it at half speed I think I got this much:

? B B N O B K B ? B O N B K ? N B E B K N ? N E B ? K K E ? R K ? E K ? ? ? ? ? - gave up around 1:37.

I certainly wouldn't rely on this - we need the sound engineers to remove the noise to be sure.

What I got between 0 and 1:37

B K N O B N O R K B R B O N B E K O N K E B K N K N E B O N K E N R K R E K N K O R

Morning all.
Sorry a bit o a rant.
Can people stop assuming so much from what they can see in the trailer.
1. Yes it is dark when we see the green glowing things, but his does not mean that's is were they always are, just that it looked good in the trailer.
2. There are a minimum of 3 if not more planets shown in the trailer could be any sort of snowball or lump o rock.
3. yes the green things could be a barnacle could also be space whale snot or something else completely.
4. yes you may find the exact skybox as on the trailer, yes but what one of all of the planets in that trailer is it related too if any?
So can we start to ignore this trailer ( a trailer that is made up from new and old trailer footage) because they are out there and this trailer is not going to help in any way shape or form.

Also let's not forget that mineral veins on planets are usually lowlands. Real canyons are usually found on highly irregular shaped "potatoes" or ice worlds... at least that is what I have observed. Most Metal and Rocky planets have lowlands not deep canyons.

Maybe UA is a bait, perhaps some NPC's convoys when a T9 carries one, the UA may be causing ship falls. UAs may be carrying a virus, a "payback" manufactured by Thargoids to revenge, it uses the material of our ships to manufacture a fleet of thargoid ships. And for stations affected by malfunction, they will become motherships/thargoids bases.

Virus:

F8.large.jpg

UA:
UA Markings.PNG

I've never seen anything like that in-game. Have you? Does it show up as a POI?

Same here.. most "wrecks" I've seen have been burnt out pieces of ships which usually show up as a dual signal... one with the bulk of the frame and a smaller one nearby with a cargo canister that may have rolled off from the wreck.

That right there makes me believe we are looking at potentially a future build which is quite exciting IF you consider the possibility of first person gameplay which was confirmed shortly after. Those "abandoned" ships look to be in good shape... potentially repairable and flyable. That isn't a new concept. I remember finding abandoned ships in X2 and X3 and being able to get in and fly them off and claim them. Perhaps that particular cat got let out of the bag, that said I may want to go visit Apollo and check coordinates to see if that is there.

Morning all.
Sorry a bit o a rant.
Can people stop assuming so much from what they can see in the trailer.
1. Yes it is dark when we see the green glowing things, but his does not mean that's is were they always are, just that it looked good in the trailer.
2. There are a minimum of 3 if not more planets shown in the trailer could be any sort of snowball or lump o rock.
3. yes the green things could be a barnacle could also be space whale snot or something else completely.
4. yes you may find the exact skybox as on the trailer, yes but what one of all of the planets in that trailer is it related too if any?
So can we start to ignore this trailer ( a trailer that is made up from new and old trailer footage) because they are out there and this trailer is not going to help in any way shape or form.

Do you wish to join in on my bet aswell?

Where would you propose I look?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom