UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Thing is, the extremely long travel distances, that's a Thargoid thing, not Human, when it happens in FE2, YOU aren't in control of that, the Thargoids do it. Their hyperspace technology is far and away beyond Humanity's level, they can 'sit' in Witchspace, something we can't do or even understand. Spending too much time in Witchspace is bad for humans, it actually hurts us, but Thargoids aren't bothered by it, which is part of why there is speculation that they actually come FROM Witchspace, but no one actually knows for certain. As I said, INRA thinks they have a homeworld in this dimension in the Milky Way, and that's not something INRA is likely to be wrong about...

As to the taking a trip around Polaris and seeing what happens when you jump through it, you can't, it's locked out, permit required, and no way to get said permit currently. One of multiple such systems and regions around the galaxy by the way, entire regions on the other side of the Core that are permit locked, so..

FD has something planned, they've had it planned all along, and it's literally galaxy spanning in it's scope. We know there's more than just Thargoids, what others however, we have no idea. Friendly, enemy, neutral? Well, we have an IDEA on that, as FD also made clear that our first encounter with any alien will determine the tone for our dealings with them afterwards. So, as I've said before, all Commanders, please be peaceful and do NOT start hostilities with any aliens you may encounter, we need to start off on friendly standing with all aliens. That way, we can learn about them, their technology, and find their weaknesses, so we can then attack them properly to defeat/wipe them out after we've exploited them for all we can. Come on, we're HUMANS! This is what we do, so lets do it right!

Excellent and informative post. Yeah I know they've locked off certain areas for expansion later on. I just wish they'd get on with it and start introducing an actual enemy and a story and a purpose instead of just political in fighting with humans. Make it interesting!

Found this on google - a naturally occurring barnacle with googly eyes..

Alright+op+you+re+just+trying+to++people+off+and+_fec58ab8d72a77f7eaa848318b2a027d.jpg

Last edited:
I think he meant trying to plot a path from one star to another that simply would draw an orange line through Polaris in the galaxy map. Not trying to plot a course TO polaris, per se.

I have been wondering if the way in might be by following an NPC's wake. We already know that when in supercruise, even when you are tens of thousands of ls away from an object, if you follow their low wake, you can sometimes end up next to a planet or star. Yes, this may be a simple bug, but if you follow that thought through to conclusion, you could argue that there may be some NPC's out there that do know how to get into Polaris, and you simply have to follow them. If it hasn't been tried before, a test might be to have a player without a permit, try to follow a player that DOES have a permit somewhere, without winging up with them. This would either bust the theory, or make it plausible.

I don't think we'd actually pass 'through' Polaris that way, Witchspace is a different dimension after all. We've already noted that we no longer come out in the same direction/facing as we entered into Hyperspace, we did at one time, but FD changed that a few updates back(it WAS useful when coming out of hyperspace in a binary or more system, as the direction you came at the system from would determine where you'd exit at, no longer works however).

Your idea about the following the wake sounds good at first, but following a wake in SC is not the same as following one for a Hyperspace jump, you can't make the jump without having a target destination, and Polaris is locked out, so it wouldn't work, even using a Wake Scanner, it would select Polaris, no permit, no jump allowed. Can't even fly there via SC(if there's even a system within range for that) as you can't fly from 1 system to another via SC, you still have to make the jump via Hyperspace to end up in the instance the system is in. A nice way for FD to get around us ignoring the permit locked systems I might add, because we CAN travel via SC to many of the permit locked systems. It's a long flight in some cases, but we've got the hardware to do it, an Asp has a 64t tank and using 1t/hr, that's a very long way you can travel at 2001c, add some extra tanks and there's not any permit locked system in the bubble you can't reach. May take you some days of real time flight in SC, but you can do it easy enough, people have. Hell, I sent my own Asp flying straight out from a system for 10 hours, flew far enough to reach another system, still had to make the jump to get INTO the system.

B K N O B N O R K B R B O N B E K O N K E B K N K N E B O N K E N R K R E K N K O R N R E H N E B R K B E N K R B E R K E O K O E H R N E R E N B R N B R O R E R E R O E R K E O B O E R B O K N O R O K E R B E O B N E K B O R ? R B R O B K H O E O N B E R ? K B H N O R N R O R H K E O R O R ? B E R O E R ? O K B K K B N ? B O B O B R K E N E R O E B R O R B E R B N

All 7 minutes, according to my ear - which will make mistakes.

Your welcome to deduce a pattern. My morse head is imploding.

I count:

30 B
34 R
39 O
25 K
30 E
22 N

05 H

Seems like it is broken, Even its morse code generator is broken. Totally seems random. The 5 H may effectively be mistake.

Last edited:
I count:

30 B
34 R
39 O
25 K
30 E
22 N

05 H

Seems like it is broken, Even its morse code generator is broken. Totally seems random. The 5 H may effectively be mistake.

Aye, they could be B with a little of the sound cut of at the beginning, but if not, it's interesting there are aitches in there. I never picked up on that... possibly due to preconceptions about hearing the word "broken" :D

I count:

30 B
34 R
39 O
25 K
30 E
22 N

05 H

H? I missed that before. I suspect H (....) may actually be B (-...)

Uh oh.. Please leave Ray Gateway out of the tests. It is home of our minor faction The Brotherhood of the Dark Circle :)

I warned our wing members for this and also inform who is the "quilty one" if station facilities eventually shuts down.

It is always top 1 priority to get guilty one revealed. Only then we can go on and repair the damage :p

It's all nice and fine when it's someone else's home that's being destroyed but another when its yours.

Face it, Cannon Research is functionally a terrorist organization!

Dedicated to experimental science as much as Dr. Mengele was dedicated to humanity. They clearly don't care how much they damage the basic infrastructure of our entire civilization to advance their morbid curiosity. How many millions of lives are already at risk at the stations they attack. How long can the powers tolerate this childish vermin. How long until commerce and humanity demand these terrorists be forever stopped!

Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!

It's all nice and fine when it's someone else's home that's being destroyed but another when its yours.

Dedicated to experimental science as much as Dr. Mengele was dedicated to humanity. They clearly don't care how much they damage the basic infrastructure of our entire civilization to advance their morbid curiosity. How many millions of lives are already at risk at the stations they attack. How long can the powers tolerate this childish vermin. How long until commerce and humanity demand these terrorists be forever stopped!

Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!

Who let this guy in without a tinfoil hat?

Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!
Cannon delenda est!

Hahaha!

Of course it matters We age the good and all others are the evil. But no problem. We have the quilty one revealed so, please go on! (And get some rep too) :)

B K N O B N O R K B R B O N B E K O N K E B K N K N E B O N K E N R K R E K N K O R N R E H N E B R K B E N K R B E R K E O K O E H R N E R E N B R N B R O R E R E R O E R K E O B O E R B O K N O R O K E R B E O B N E K B O R ? R B R O B K H O E O N B E R ? K B H N O R N R O R H K E O R O R ? B E R O E R ? O K B K K B N ? B O B O B R K E N E R O E B R O R B E R B N

All 7 minutes, according to my ear - which will make mistakes.

Your welcome to deduce a pattern. My morse head is imploding.

savLKA6.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom