UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I program compooters. There's science involved, but my clients try their best to ensure that none of it ever enters the solutions they want built... But... Anyway - geek rants and all that!

I too am amazed at the people rubbing shoulders here - quite a network of expertise!

Right On, CMDRs O7

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I just found a mining facility (hatch structure and a load of automated mining gadgets) on a vertical face of a needle peak at the bottom of a miles deep canyon. Tried shooting the gadgets and putting my belly to the rock face with the cargo hatch open, hoping the fragments would fall into the hatch. No dice.

I parked on a ledge nearby but there's no way to get the SRV there without rock climbing equipment.

It would be a bummer if a Barnacle spawned in a place like that - there for the taking and no way to take it.

Despondency.

(In-joke)

I must say this awesome thread's population is becoming more and more amazing. We already had a NASA employee, Various Programmers, a couple of researcher, Morse experts, different kinds of Engineer: we were only missing the Material engineer!
We are very close to produce our custom Atomic Bomb here (paraphrasing recent news)...
Once we've built that bomb can I drop it at oculus for being such a duchbag for pricing the rift at 600 bucks ?! I swear to god I. Gonna kill the ceo once I see him ! 600 dollars for a plastic headset ?!

Last edited:
I program compooters. There's science involved, but my clients try their best to ensure that none of it ever enters the solutions they want built... But... Anyway - geek rants and all that!

I too am amazed at the people rubbing shoulders here - quite a network of expertise!

Right On, CMDRs O7

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Despondency.

(In-joke)

No kidding... I'm a property tax person at XOM.. which means I gotta know just enough engineering to figure out how much upstream and downstream facilities are worth... what a talented mix of people in here!

Possible clue? Anyone have a permit and can check it out? I'm going to work on the permit myself - this star is about 200LY from Merope.. at the edge of civilized space and the Pleades cluster..

RUMORED ALIEN ARTIFACTS FROM DEEP SPACE

z19GcbV.jpg

Last edited:
All you brainiacs in here... I suppose all the engineers and scientists would end up with the Canonn after all. Me, I'm just a game designer. If you think that gives me an advantage with these kinds of mysteries, I can tell you it doesn't. Not even science can make sense of the kind of kooky garbage that goes through the head of a game designer.

Possible clue? Anyone have a permit and can check it out? I'm going to work on the permit myself - this star is about 200LY from Merope.. at the edge of civilized space and the Pleades cluster..

RUMORED ALIEN ARTIFACTS FROM DEEP SPACE

http://i.imgur.com/z19GcbV.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExKUw6chpU

Why not.. I've been aimlessly exploring and nothing... Quite a bit of lore around that system, but doesn't seem too related to this thread / part of the plot.

Last edited:
I finally got ShadowPlay working, so here's my two UA's sitting near each-other on a planet, with one singing one of the whale songs over and over, while the other sings the other whale song over and over (when you only have one UA it will alternate between the two whale songs):

[video=youtube_share;wFobyKKuVzU]https://youtu.be/wFobyKKuVzU[/video]

And here's the same two UA's in space, near a 3rd UA (they really are easy to find in the shell). At the end of the video the UA expires in glorious close up.

[video=youtube_share;xoIbvdcPnp4]https://youtu.be/xoIbvdcPnp4[/video]

Can any sound decoding gurus check the audio on the first clip to see if the morse is doing anything different with two present?

off to go pursue different planetary enviroments in the barnacle search now i have refitted a new SRV and no UA's teething on my ship.

Some small update i had to do today but where i left myself last night at the POI i couldnt find was now easily visible. Found a nice type of installation i have not seen before. large 2 story building , lights and data point, but not seen the large cylinders before.
8 of them.2 sets of 4. flashing red beacon light. doesnt blow up or do anything as far as my lasers and cannon could tell.

Headed back to the same location with a SRV after repairs. Managed to easily locate the POI from coordinates.
Not exactly same coordinates but close enough to create the POI instance. 33.8 -134.6 returned and found it at 33.8 137.4

Just incase of sandworms ya know,, felt safer landing on the roof, a bit of practice and managed to get all 4 feet of the landing gear down but no landing, meh. i could have switched the thrusters off manually i guess, ha.
red light cylinders.jpg

Now onward to explore new ideas and places, anything of note would be worth recording the coordinates of.

I'm finding Crashed Nav Beacons 32k Ly away from SOL past the core, but not sure if it's RNG based or actually part of something more.

As far as I know there isn't one for the 'Plague' system as of yet. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes in the future though :)

Nah...permit is offered in the closest occupied system. I was just there. Has a Peregrina Aristocrats faction and the permit mission was in the unobtainables (because I'm not allied).

Just my thoughts on this.

Meta Alloys are a commodity. That means they can be ejected into space, as they're stored in the cargo hold.
The only individual models for items that go in your cargo hold are normal commodities, Escape pods, and Unknown Artifacts that I am aware of. (refined mining fragments stored in cargo turn into same canisters as normal commodities)
If someone comes across one of these meta alloys, is it going to look like a normal commodity canister? Bear in mind that it needs to be scoop able, so it can't be that big.

Also thanks for confirming my question r.e. needing the mission to spawn these.

Nah...permit is offered in the closest occupied system. I was just there. Has a Peregrina Aristocrats faction and the permit mission was in the unobtainables (because I'm not allied).
Oh really? That IS interesting. I guess the Plague does not apply to us though, being an atmospheric moon?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom