UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok so now is time to say my theory I've been stewing over but haven't said yet:

The UA's, when dropped from an SRV, tell us the name of the planet they are on yes?
Well we haven't really experimented with this behavior yet. I'd say it's a good idea to go looking with a UA, every time you land on a planet you should drop it from your SRV, listen to it, and see if it only says the name of the planet. I wouldn't mind betting if you land on a planet with Barnacles on it will let you know some how.
This is all guesswork but I'd say it's better to try it and not get results than not try it and never find em ;)

Last edited:
I'll be in game in half an hour, I'll double check,doesn't look big enough for a permit to be honest, and looks very mountainous and rough. I'm doughting myself now.... let me check.

I'll be in game in half an hour, I'll double check,doesn't look big enough for a permit to be honest, and looks very mountainous and rough. I'm doughting myself now.... let me check.

I've landed there so many times. There were other systems been under permit for a brief time after Horizons launch, very likely because FD was still adding content to them. So this could be the case, because of the new Outpost.

Titania in Sol is an example: now you can land on it.

Last edited:
This likely means there might be a chance of finding something in Merope then I'd have thought! Oh the irony, the UAs have been pointing all along...

Still, plenty of systems around there - and adding to other previous theories, a certain type of planet and/or star type might yet be important.

I'm in the shell, so am only about 10 jumps away, but won't be online again till Friday, so you guys are bound to be able to scope one before I do!

I pledge that if/when I do find one, I'll jump on TS and invite any nearby CMDRs into a wing to observe.

Take them with you. Think of all the exploration data they will earn.

Good idea, although he's in the basic Sidewinder. I could always drop him some palladium for an FSD upgrade.

Although he's stuck yet on starting procedures... Does not bode well...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom