UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I still cant help but think we need to be on metal planets. If your going to make any kind of alloy you are going to need metal as a raw material. I also think warmer planets over cold, mainly due to chemical reactions working better in heat. Of course until I find one its pure speculation. So far I've found one wreck, one outpost, about thee/four canister drops and five crashed probes. I really hope these things show as a POI rather than resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExKUw6chpU

Why not.. I've been aimlessly exploring and nothing... Quite a bit of lore around that system, but doesn't seem too related to this thread / part of the plot.

I thought there was some speculation about Peregrina at the time the UAs initially were found - something to do with the sale price maybe (Peregrina was either the lowest or highest black-market price found for UAs). I believe it was also highlighted in the Galnet news around the time of the UA discoveries.

And now for the inevitable apophenic tidbit: Peregrina seems derived from peregrine, meaning wandering, foreign, or alien. Seems quite appropriate.

I still cant help but think we need to be on metal planets. If your going to make any kind of alloy you are going to need metal as a raw material. I also think warmer planets over cold, mainly due to chemical reactions working better in heat. Of course until I find one its pure speculation. So far I've found one wreck, one outpost, about thee/four canister drops and five crashed probes. I really hope these things show as a POI rather than resource.

Well they seem to be fixed POI's so it might be best to search in your ship rather than your SRV. Of course this could turn out to be wrong but you can cover more ground in the ship and still find most POI's easy enough

There is was waking up with a cuppa tea pulling the sleep from my eyes wondering whats gone on i don't normally have to read 26 pages first thing, and then i found this

Would you be interested in knowing a region of space that is likely to contain barnacles?

Michael

Spat me tea all over the monitor :D
So hats off to all the people that have been pushing the seven sisters angle <<<< throws bags of rep at the screen.
And then we had this

Has anyone considered using the Long/Lat readings to divide and conquer such a large area?
Or perhaps trying to spot interesting surface areas from orbit?

Wow MB and Kerrash on the same day, i think FD may be getting a lil impatient with us lot, but i do hope they don't spoon feed us info and still allow us to unravel this lil bit o fun.

Which probably means it will come into UK at £600 +20% tax.
Think I just might not get one.

Ordered mine yesterday it was £499 + 30 postage to blighty.

Last edited:
Well they seem to be fixed POI's so it might be best to search in your ship rather than your SRV. Of course this could turn out to be wrong but you can cover more ground in the ship and still find most POI's easy enough

I think MB said they were a mix of fixed and random. My headtracker is broken or I'd be doing more fly-by's checking from above. I get what your saying about the ship and I agree but I'm finding so many POI's in such close prox that I'm better off in the SRV. I keep taking off and relocating every hour or so. I've done light craters, light valleys, light plains. Now I'm doing some dark side craters. I'll move to the rest then do some polar regions.

Ok so Pavlou's keep is on a moon that has a very nice view of its sister moon. Both are tidally locked.

I've searched the two poles of the Pavlou's Keep moon (Maia B 1 D). There is some entertaining terrain at the South Pole (some floating rocks) but the only other things I've found are the usual minerals, canisters and skimmers.

I've searched the two poles of the Pavlou's Keep moon (Maia B 1 D). There is some entertaining terrain at the South Pole (some floating rocks) but the only other things I've found are the usual minerals, canisters and skimmers.

I've cleared several craters there.. including the big ones on the side facing its sister. Problem is getting a picture of it it keeps tinting the canopy dark when I get close..

How about this - we take snapshots of lightside/darkside .. try to use MS paint or whatever to X off any craters we've explored?

Also though.. I've been to Maia B1AA and this is how dark it is... I'm leaning towards going there.

LU9FMyA.jpg

Last edited:
Searched ATLAS B 1 for a few hours didn't find anything. I see some people are talking about metal planets? Why not check out ATLAS all the landable planets are high metal rich (I don't count the rocky moon as a planet). When I have more time I will check more planets there.

How about something like this.. (and this is why exactly why this game needs a minimap or telmetry data from out ship orbiting - like a camera of your position. The ship needs to keep track of your position right?)

nIDymVY.png

Last edited:
The metal rich planets idea springs from the assumption that the barnacles 'grow' on the planets, and would need to consume the nearby resources to produce their meta-alloy shells.

Of course, the barnacles might have landed on the planet surfaces fully formed for all we know, and could be found on any kind of planet.

The metal rich planets idea springs from the assumption that the barnacles 'grow' on the planets, and would need to consume the nearby resources to produce their meta-alloy shells.

Of course, the barnacles might have landed on the planet surfaces fully formed for all we know, and could be found on any kind of planet.

That, or they could be on "suspiciously low" metal content planets, having consumed most of it... something to watch out for (if there are any). What I mean here is something that has a much lower percentage than it looks like it ought to. I've seen it a few times where a most things in the same system have an identical composition, but one seems a little low in comparison. It could just mean that this one was captured material rather having the same origin as the others, but it could be something else.

I'm still over 7000ly away, so won't be back soon. Too much exploration data to sacrifice to take the shortcut.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom