UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Damn, I should have come back check the forums before working to get the Peregrina permit ... lol..

Going back to Merope then. I did get in Peregrina, will check it out later, it's a nice system, the local station look like the Earth's ISS, refreshing.

See you all in Merope, call me if a task force is created.

Shouldn't there be something in-game or galnet that helps us or guides us rather than a 'voice of god' on the forums ? ...

Things have been subtly hinted at for a long while. But given the difficulty of the task sometimes you just need a hint from the voice of God to just...

oK5BGs8.jpg

The metal rich planets idea springs from the assumption that the barnacles 'grow' on the planets, and would need to consume the nearby resources to produce their meta-alloy shells.

Why do you think they require metal to produce their meta-alloys? Could also be organic since these barnacles 'grow'.

Why do you think they require metal to produce their meta-alloys? Could also be organic since these barnacles 'grow'.

We went through this yesterday, I made the same point you did but was countered pretty resolutely: Alloys are a combination of a metal and something else (sometime multiple things), the description says once heated beyond a certain point they become regular alloys, therefore they contain metal. Also something can be "organic" and contain metal, we are no exception with iron in our blood and other metals around our bodies too.

The metal rich planets idea springs from the assumption that the barnacles 'grow' on the planets, and would need to consume the nearby resources to produce their meta-alloy shells.

Of course, the barnacles might have landed on the planet surfaces fully formed for all we know, and could be found on any kind of planet.
Formed organically could mean "grow" in terms of building cellular lattice in the right conditions, sure. We should also pay attention to the temperature. The bit in the description about being normal alloys when they melt could be a clue too, never know.

These things could grow on the night side of the planet and melt on the day side with enough temperature differential.

Anyone else think we're being pointed to some kind of awesome raw material to be used in crafting?
Step 1: sell enough of them to malfunctioning stations to stop the problems
Step 2: craft super-awesome cargo bays that don't take damage from the UAs, etc.

Nebulae are good places to look, especially the one with the seven sisters in it.

Michael

That got me thinking... What is it that makes nebulae a good place for barnacles? And why the Pleiades in particular? Perhaps it has to do with the what type of nebula it is? The Pleiades is an Open Cluster, so I wonder if the other nebulae where we may eventually find barnacles will be of the same type...

DAMMIT! WE HAVEN'T EVEN FOUND A SINGLE BARNACLE YET AND I'M ALREADY COMING UP WITH MORE NEW THEORIES!!!

Nebulae are good places to look, especially the one with the seven sisters in it.

Michael

Just saw this post now, woohoo! Thanks for the tip.

I don't know how the Canonn propaganda machine is going to spin this. "The Canonn has discovered ancient historical documents from the early days of 2016, where a mysterious figure named "Michael Brookes" hinted at barnacles being contained in nebulae. This shady Nostradamus-like figure seems to have an unerring record of predicting current events in the 3300s. The Canonn warn against hasty speculation and assumptions, such as time-travel..."

Just saw this post now, woohoo! Thanks for the tip.

I don't know how the Canonn propaganda machine is going to spin this. "The Canonn has discovered ancient historical documents from the early days of 2016, where a mysterious figure named "Michael Brookes" hinted at barnacles being contained in nebulae. This shady Nostradamus-like figure seems to have an unerring record of predicting current events in the 3300s. The Canonn warn against hasty speculation and assumptions, such as time-travel..."

If you look on the site now, the most recent public news post item will explain all! Also submitted to the Galnet thread ;)

Formed organically could mean "grow" in terms of building cellular lattice in the right conditions, sure. We should also pay attention to the temperature. The bit in the description about being normal alloys when they melt could be a clue too, never know.

These things could grow on the night side of the planet and melt on the day side with enough temperature differential.

Anyone else think we're being pointed to some kind of awesome raw material to be used in crafting?
Step 1: sell enough of them to malfunctioning stations to stop the problems
Step 2: craft super-awesome cargo bays that don't take damage from the UAs, etc.

You have a point there, also I think it's easier to find them on the darkside. In the trailer you saw those objects emits green light. Not sure if you can see the light from orbit but it could be something to keep an eye on.

I want some barnacles on my table in 5 minutes.

Just kiddin...

Unfortunatelly I'm far away to Pleiades, but I wish luck to the commanders / archaeologists

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom