UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This guy is well known on Reddit - reckons the Canonn is withholding information on the UAs and that I'm some sort of evil despot (oh and that everyone else are my 'minions' - I know: literally cried with laughter).

He tried to get people to take down Bond Hub - except we wouldn't have minded (indeed a few of us tried way before they did)!

Oh and the real kicker - he thinks Arcanonn is made up.

So: such troll; very lies.

If i am a Minion does that mean i can say BANANA a lot
n pmsl @ Chuck Norris.

edit: BANANA

Last edited:
Sure:

-21,7608°
-129,7650°

However there are many of them, AND, they are very EASY to spot from ORBIT. There are as well huge surface areas entirely covered with mist in all the moons in Merope. You can spot them as well from Orbit, just looking carefully.
"Interesting Areas you can spot from above", as Kerrash said.

now i understand what you mean by MIST .... thats make driving very fun!

At this point i havent found the barnicles or the meta alloys so i have nothing to add at this point, just suggesting a few others may want to begin looking outside merope and maia at the rest of the nebula.

Of course once i find a meta alloy picctures will be forthcoming :) in the meantime the army of cannon can keep trying to discredit valuable contributions

Hundreds can map the 30 solar systems and the hundred or so landable planets within peladies nebula. Herd thinking should be followed as u noted, but that herd also should exhibit its own thought patterns and experimentation. thats how science got going in the first place, im not belitting this thread, im just countering overly focused inflexible thinking where i see it.

Eh? In this thread of all places.

This has gotta be the most out there thinking thread on the forum, every crazy theory you can possibly think of gets posted here and is welcomed.

People are free to do as they please, if anyone has a wild theory they think may lead somewhere they're totally encouraged to follow it.

Herd thinking? People don't think outside the box? You have to be joking.

Last edited:
A paint job or bobblehead for the first to find a Barnacle!

I will gift a paint job pack (not the gold conda, sorry - too pricey) or (male/female) bobblehead to whoever finds a Barnacle site on a planet surface first.

The claim must be substantiated by at least two other CMDRs, at least one of whom must be an established Canonn CMDR - so if you find one, come on here, ask for people to join you, and get recording!

We want System/Planet and exact lat/longs, screenies and video recordings, nothing less - Otherwise it didn't happen :)

If you're operating as a group, then we can go up to 4 rewards total - any help I can get with that greatly appreciated :)

To summarise - we have been nudged in the direction of the Pleiades Nebula, and many people are focussing efforts on the key systems of the seven sisters, E.G. Maia, Merope, Pleione etc.

There's no reason specifically for any of these to be the only places to look - potentially any system within the nebula is possible - but you're looking planetside, and it could require aerial surveillance beyond the usual POI hunting if some CMDRs here are right.

Good luck CMDRs! O7

Last edited:
Of course once i find a meta alloy picctures will be forthcoming :) in the meantime the army of cannon can keep trying to discredit valuable contributions

Alright mate, going on ignore. Your motives are kinda transparent now.

I don't think you have anything constructive to add.

Arguing is one thing, trolling just to be divisive is something else.

For most people here this isn't about players fighting among themselves in some petty urinating contest, if you want that go do Powerplay or whatever.

People are just enjoying the mystery and trying to solve it.

Last edited:
Mythology for the Roman version of Maia is quite interesting.

Goddess of growth (plant growth in particular).

Female aspect of the god Vulcan (Nimmoy/LHS 3006).

Mother of Merqury (archetyp airless world).

\

crashed type 9s ( no intacts yet) you may notice a few attempts to discredit after this post, but try to think outside the box. All efforts in 2-3 systems have been ineffective so far, and Mbrookes did say within the nebula of the 7 sisters ( theres about 30 systems in this cluster) around maia, so wll the planets wthin this bubble should be checked as any scientific study would normally do.

tonight I have so far spent 6 hours in Atlas, checked B1 because of its green color and B2 because i was there. Flying at 2 km able to spot loads of POI but usually data points, Tea factories or automated mining site.

o7

It is bad gameplay to give hints to certain parts of the whole community, why not ie " it is a report of something " from all the planets and data gathered from downed satellites/beacons.
And the data gathered entered to the various Empire/Federation/Alliance agencies, even if they have breakaway radical agents......
If we are following the lore, which we aren't why are we searching for Thargoids? we made peace, and shared technology..... no mention of a new war, or a remnant left to say we start a new war, it is ok to follow the old Elite through the ages, but bend and alter to certain, "D n D " mongerers....... it is a full game with over thousands of players, not a hand full of i WANT MY NAME IN STARS community. if we all are in the game then let us know from more info, let it be equal.... seems we have favourites in this game..... and it is bent accordingly, and given that why after chaining upto 8 poi's the game crashes? I have been all around the sisters for 2 weeks, on all the planets, nothing, no nothing, and why in this area of space? the lore points to Polaris, even, Allioth, and when the Thargoids made peace it was a planet asked for Mercury in Ross 154. of all info these were the planets involved : Arcturus, Zelada, Tau Ceti -3 , Delta Pavonis, Beta Hydr - 4 , Altair - 5 , Achenar -5, Alioth ( Olitiqu gateway ) "Argent's claim" which is the best ship ever built, apart from Thargoid ships, Fortress culloden on Mik Turners home world, is not there, it is all shoddy, and just add this here and keep it going for hours, of grind and grind, if you have been planetside you will know, not much reward and a grind, and up and down mountains is no fun, prob if the info and big story arc was introduced into the game, and not put a plaster and add game content because of the "UA" which was hand fed into the game.... a poor set of principles, we all play in the verse, and we all should see the gameplay.... ie more info, messages, galnet info, just a mission pops up? they don't pop up any more..... I believe the " Meta Alloy " was just added recently, I was in beta Horizons and never saw a description for this, or a mission, I did planet rove about, and it was a pain, it is easier now, Good luck with the search, it will drop when it needs to drop, when a game can be twiddled accordingly well we pay for the toothache.... there is a problem with the Barnacle search, even when you find the Barnacles you will crash to desktop....
More needs to be addressed .

Last edited:
No actually, I get the point completely, but I'm not here to give history lessons or make sure everyone's viewpoint coincides with my own. I've said my piece, that's all I set out to do.

It was exciting for about 1 minute too get a clue. Then it became dissapointment. I so wish there would have been something in galnet that we had to figure out to get the clue

My 2p incoming.

Hypothesis. Possible areas to look based on in game stuff.

1. The 13 landable bodies in Merope. Thousand of UA have been pointing at the system for months.

2. Palin's moon in Maia (is it M1BA?). Maybe he set up there after getting info from one of the explorers mentioned in the meta-alloy description.

3. The moon that obsidian orbital orbits. For no other reason than FD chose it.

these have all come up over the last few pages but I wanted to put them in one place with some justification of why they could be the right areas.

UB

Oh poop - we're about to blow this thread - well done Brookes!

Patau82 - get over here and 'do a Yaffle' :)

I need to sleep!

Oh - and what a truly excellent bunch you all are - honestly, this all makes my ED experience 10 times the awesome :D

2. Palin's moon in Maia (is it M1BA?).

Maia B1 BA

Not found anything yet after a few weeks of random low flights. Given up for the night as my eyes are stuffed after squinting and looking for faint green lights ;)

Edit : Currently hotdogging around Jameson Memorial in a disposable souped up Imp Eagle for light entertainment. Damn, those Racers have fun! :)

Last edited:

Maia B1 BA

Not found anything yet after a few weeks of random low flights. Given up for the night as my eyes are stuffed after squinting and looking for faint green lights ;)

Edit : Currently hotdogging around Jameson Memorial in a disposable souped up Imp Eagle for light entertainment. Damn, those Racers have fun! :)

Duckfeather ill be very loose here have u checked all the solar systems and their planets that are within the entire paladies nebula and reported those findings

Hey guys I need to go to sleep as well so I saw the tweet and rushed back 4000 ly back to Turir and then to the nebula , I'm investigating Electra the system is interesting it's got 3landable planets with about 1.4 g gravity in average . 2 of them are binary and are locked together and the nebula is lighting all the planets I'm investigating them now as I said , I suggest we all heavily investigate the 7 sister starts and then search the atlas system and then all the Pleiades sector systems . Some of you should locate pois and then drop down to to do a reconnaissance the rest should patrol form above and locate green light sources that might be form the. Barnacles , and keep your eyes peeled ! We got disappointed first when we started but now we got our clue , so let's solve this ! I'm not gonna get disappointed this time now ! Also I think someone should be brave and search the musty canyon in merope c moon ! I will come back tomorrow !

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom