UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is it worth self destructing my Anaconda to get back in time?

I'm still past the core, and my 15 hour daily game play sessions have been dropped to 2h as back at work + World of Tanks campaign has started.

Also need content for the Horizons Film Competition, is it worth blowing up for?

Duckfeather ill be very loose here have u checked all the solar systems and their planets that are within the entire paladies nebula and reported those findings

You can be as loose as you want. No I haven't investigated the entire nebula. Have you? Why so down on a single report from a single moon around a single planet in a single system from a single explorer? The total explorable area from all those planets / moons is a ridiculous amount of square mileage. Any investigative input is positive, even if it's negative. Chill guy :)

My 2p incoming.

Hypothesis. Possible areas to look based on in game stuff.

1. The 13 landable bodies in Merope. Thousand of UA have been pointing at the system for months.

2. Palin's moon in Maia (is it M1BA?). Maybe he set up there after getting info from one of the explorers mentioned in the meta-alloy description.

3. The moon that obsidian orbital orbits. For no other reason than FD chose it.

these have all come up over the last few pages but I wanted to put them in one place with some justification of why they could be the right areas.

UB

I'm really intrigued by Pavlou's keep.. what the hell is it doing way out here? Why is in a position to watch the other moon that is so close. I've searched both moons quite a bit but nothing..

I'm still past the core, and my 15 hour daily game play sessions have been dropped to 2h as back at work + World of Tanks campaign has started.

Also need content for the Horizons Film Competition, is it worth blowing up for?

If anyone finds it.. it will be a lucky find. So until someone gets lucky its going to take a LONG TIME to map out the moons of the Pleades

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

No didn't notice they were been on B1 and B2 all night gave up before I headed to B3

They are? I landed on a bunch of the moons there couple weeks ago looking. I didn't noticed that.

I seriously doubt it. Plus MB said nebulas are good places to look so you'd be better off heading to your nearest nebula.

If someone actually finds something and posts proof, and it's totally awesome, then you can reconsider.

My honest opinion is; Unless you absolutely want a shot at being the FIRST person to find them, and even that is a rare, unlikely prospect, then you may as well just take your time.

Barnacles will become easier to locate once we know EXACTLY where we are looking, generally after a few are found, so they will always be there to go and see at a later date. For now though you might be better off not self-destructing and instead enjoying your time spent away.

That is not to discourage you, of course, I just hate the idea of you destroying a perfectly good Anaconda only to continue to not find much as has been our record so far, hehe :)

Was doing some searching in Pleione and came across a ton of wrecked ship POI's (the ones where everything is totally destroyed with a few escape pods).

Totaled my ship in the process haha. Buzzing about Maia now. Nothing else as of yet!

It is bad gameplay to give hints to certain parts of the whole community, why not ie " it is a report of something " from all the planets and data gathered from downed satellites/beacons.
And the data gathered entered to the various Empire/Federation/Alliance agencies, even if they have breakaway radical agents......
If we are following the lore, which we aren't why are we searching for Thargoids? we made peace, and shared technology..... no mention of a new war, or a remnant left to say we start a new war, it is ok to follow the old Elite through the ages, but bend and alter to certain, "D n D " mongerers....... it is a full game with over thousands of players, not a hand full of i WANT MY NAME IN STARS community. if we all are in the game then let us know from more info, let it be equal.... seems we have favourites in this game..... and it is bent accordingly, and given that why after chaining upto 8 poi's the game crashes? I have been all around the sisters for 2 weeks, on all the planets, nothing, no nothing, and why in this area of space? the lore points to Polaris, even, Allioth, and when the Thargoids made peace it was a planet asked for Mercury in Ross 154. of all info these were the planets involved : Arcturus, Zelada, Tau Ceti -3 , Delta Pavonis, Beta Hydr - 4 , Altair - 5 , Achenar -5, Alioth ( Olitiqu gateway ) "Argent's claim" which is the best ship ever built, apart from Thargoid ships, Fortress culloden on Mik Turners home world, is not there, it is all shoddy, and just add this here and keep it going for hours, of grind and grind, if you have been planetside you will know, not much reward and a grind, and up and down mountains is no fun, prob if the info and big story arc was introduced into the game, and not put a plaster and add game content because of the "UA" which was hand fed into the game.... a poor set of principles, we all play in the verse, and we all should see the gameplay.... ie more info, messages, galnet info, just a mission pops up? they don't pop up any more..... I believe the " Meta Alloy " was just added recently, I was in beta Horizons and never saw a description for this, or a mission, I did planet rove about, and it was a pain, it is easier now, Good luck with the search, it will drop when it needs to drop, when a game can be twiddled accordingly well we pay for the toothache.... there is a problem with the Barnacle search, even when you find the Barnacles you will crash to desktop....
More needs to be addressed .

I found something interesting (wave scanner and noise) and crashed to desktop immediately. Went back in and nothing. I've not had a CTD since original Beta! Makes me wonder if there is a bug involved with it.

Last edited:
Merope 5C is great place for runing in the SRV, you can jump 200m down , then rise 200m up again...

but apart from this and the mist, nothing intresting so far

I have had no problems with the game, apart from connection to server and general problems due to the servers, ie transaction errors, but since we moved to 64 bit in Horizons, and with planetary landings, I have 5 - 8 crashes a day and the report comes up... what if we get to the Barnacles and then bam?... not good at all.

I found something interesting (wave scanner and noise) and crashed to desktop immediately. Went back in and nothing. I've not had a CTD since original Beta! Makes me wonder if there is a bug involved with it.

Ahh man, let's hope not. :(

If you find stuff unusual wave scanner whatever get screenshots, then even if crash there's something.

I have had no problems with the game, apart from connection to server and general problems due to the servers, ie transaction errors, but since we moved to 64 bit in Horizons, and with planetary landings, I have 5 - 8 crashes a day and the report comes up... what if we get to the Barnacles and then bam?... not good at all.

I feel your pain... my computer locked up back during the May 4th frenzy when Wishblend, Psychofish, Zion Ravescene and I were hunting for UAs convoys. I dropped in on one after skipping out on work to "get in on the action" SUPER STOKED... told the team to drop in and as soon as I hit fire bam CTD....

Never saw another convoy again.

(Cue In world's saddest violin)

All I got was this screenshot to know that it was real....

Screenshot_0389.png

Sad panda

Last edited:
After a few hours of sorting out logistics I have finally arrived in Merope.

Given the recent track record of stations malfunctioning I have decided it is not too presumptuous to think the station problems are an accident. As such the Federation has signed off on plans for me to bring a more heavily armed ship to aid in the search for these artefacts. Therefore, I present the FNS Gascoigne;

Gunship.jpg

A mix of warfare and exploration, I have abandoned my ''no weapons'' approach in favour of a much fairer rule;

The weapons STAY concealed until two conditions are met;

1 - I am fired at first by unknown/alien entities
2 - The level of incoming fire puts my life and federal property at risk

Only then will I return fire on whatever might be out ;)

Say hi if you see me out and about. in-game CMDR name is the same as my forum name :)

Following on? I think the Barnacle will be found around a crashed T9 due to the transport used for the UA, and this is a Barnacle seed on the planet that found the resources to survive,
given this and large Anaconda wrecks ie the support team with the T9, you need to find the wrecks, the UA is seeding on the planet, the other green and shaped thing in the video is a unknown base.....

Just my 2 cents....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom