UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think all MB said was that he had confirmed meta-alloys can found.

This was after a bunch of us queried it saying we were concerned it may be broke.
Yeah, I caught that when searching through the staff posts of this thread, but there is no mention of them being "exceedingly rare". If memory serves, I think he was referring to the free floater UAs found before the shell appeared. Those were exceedingly rare. I never found one.

I don't know how or why but I cannot help thinking that it is possible that the UA can somehow lead us to an area, whether it be morsing lat/longs or pointing at something I don't know. But it's just if indeed they do not show on ship radar then surely some piece of information must be required to indicate an area of some sort and in all honesty if that information is in-game right now I can't think of anything else besides it being in the UA.
I agree. I'm thinking of the UA as a "key" to unlock... something. I'll be honest, I'm not even 100% convinced myself, but apart from searching/surveying blindly I can't think of anything that might boost the chances of spotting one of these... things.

Ugh. I'm out 8k LY.....
Heading back to the Sisters......
Maybe I'll stop in the Cat's paw Nebula for a lookie loo
At the start of the evening I was 11 Kylies out. By the end of the evening I'm 6 Kylies out. 5000ly covered in one session.
Screenshot_0541.jpg

I am not expecting to "The Guy" who finds Barnacles, but I want to be in the vicinity when the news drops.
Only catch is combing the Pleiades AND getting setup for the Distant Worlds expedition setting off late next week. It's going to be a tough week, and game time will be limited because I'm working everyday until next Friday.

Yeah, I caught that when searching through the staff posts of this thread, but there is no mention of them being "exceedingly rare". If memory serves, I think he was referring to the free floater UAs found before the shell appeared. Those were exceedingly rare. I never found one.

Exceedingly rare was in direct response to the question of whether meta-alloys can currently be found in game, or whether they are bugged.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=220730&p=3364781&viewfull=1#post3364781

Okay so here's some speculation deserving of the sleepless, 2:38am mind it came from;

What if the UAs are looking for something. One thing in particular.

Perhaps the object or structure we are looking for is something akin to a downed alien ship? Perhaps there is only ONE seeded in Merope, similarly to how we can find our own crashed ships. Perhaps the POI for this vessel is a one-of-a-kind but so big that it can be seen at the 1.8km - 2km mark above ground? As in, you'll know when you see it but we have to search above all the planets in Merope for it?

This is speculation born of one single thought; WHY the UAs point to the sun and nothing else once here. Perhaps there is something in Merope doing something similar to the UAs; broadcasting co-ordinates. Maybe, due to being damaged, crashed or out of energy, the best this thing can do is broadcast the star and hope the system is searched by whoever controls the UAs?

Author note: I expect this speculation to lead to nothing. Just consider it some interesting ramble to read as I slowly crawl across the surface of Merope 1 A

Evening commanders. I've Been lurking since page 1, and searching the pleiades since UA's pointed to merope. I think too many people are overlooking the fact that Micheal did not just say "nebulas have them." He referenced the seven sisters, so the focus should be the planets in those systems. It would've been easy to just say in the pleiades, but he has to go bringing the greek mythology into it. Combed the dark side of Pleione 4. Decent materials and beautiful ring system, nothing further to report.
Systems that should be focused on =

1. Maia, eldest of the seven Pleiades, was mother of Hermes by Zeus.
  2. Electra was mother of Dardanus and Iasion, by Zeus.
  3. Taygete was mother of Lacedaemon, also by Zeus.
  4. Alcyone was mother of Hyrieus, Hyperenor and Aethusa by Poseidon.
  5. Celaeno was mother of Lycus and Nycteus by Poseidon; and of Eurypylus also by Poseidon, and of Lycus and Chimaereus by Prometheus
  6. Sterope (also Asterope) was mother of Oenomaus by Ares.
  7. Merope, youngest of the seven Pleiades, was wooed by Orion. In other mythic contexts she married Sisyphus and, becoming mortal, faded away. She bore to Sisyphus several sons.
  8. Atlas- The father
  9. Pleione- The mother

I've even begun looking at the real-life conspiracy that aliens really have visited us from the Pleiades for clues and ideas. I'm not noticing anything helpful though, haha.

I've been searching for hours, and have found nothing. I have, however, no evidence of this, so feel free to disbelieve me and ask me what I found.

On the plus side, Maia 2 A 2 has to have one of the coolest skys in the game, in the middle of the nebula with a brown dwarf very close by, and the Maia black hole distorting the nebula in the distance. Maybe if I looked up less and down more I'd have found something..

I wish MB would advise if any have actually been found, but the players don't frequent the forums and they just handed them in for a mission.

im seeing a lot of commanders now saying weve searched for 10-100s of hours (most of these are in maia and merope). As ive been saying widen the search otherwise this Micheal brookes saying to us that this is the ulitmiate lazy grind, how many man hours are needed to solve this we must be approaching millions now. Sooner the background sim are fixed, and a little bit more creatviity with galactic mysteries is instituted the better, otherwise it might all just loose interest. Not something i think frontier wants

It wont hurt us to search all the systems within the paldies nebula for these meta alloys

Last edited:
Still nothing from Maia B1BA (or as I like to call it, Palin's Rock). I did find a large mining complex at 0,0 which seems to be a fixed POI. It was quite visible from about 6km up and did not create a blue signature on the radar. Trashed it and the miners there, but all it dropped were uninteresting mining fragments. No Meta-Alloys. Funny thing though, in a crater a few km away I found another mining outpost, a bit smaller.

Could be that the area around 0,0 on Palin's Rock (AKA Maia B1BA) is littered with mining camps. If you're on the theory that meta-alloys are naturally formed in planets and these Ant Hill guys are trying to mine them, could be worth checking out. Notably, that part of the planet is pretty well lit.

As usual, my UA was unimpressed by anything there. Couldnt' discern any difference in its vocalizations.

Last edited:
Still nothing from Maia B1BA (or as I like to call it, Palin's Rock). I did find a large mining complex at 0,0 which seems to be a fixed POI. It was quite visible from about 6km up and did not create a blue signature on the radar. Trashed it and the miners there, but all it dropped were uninteresting mining fragments. No Meta-Alloys. Funny thing though, in a crater a few km away I found another mining outpost, a bit smaller.

Could be that the area around 0,0 on Palin's Rock (AKA Maia B1BA) is littered with mining camps. If you're on the theory that meta-alloys are naturally formed in planets and these Ant Hill guys are trying to mine them, could be worth checking out. Notably, that part of the planet is pretty well lit.

As usual, my UA was unimpressed by anything there. Couldnt' discern any difference in its vocalizations.

It could be but it doesnt fit micheal brookes comment that meta alloys are barnacles which grow around ships. And they are exceedingly rare POIS which might indicate a random eleement. The general consensus from the last 10 pages seems to be that we need to broaden the search to the entire paldies nebula as the over focus on maia isnt yielding results

On the plus side, Maia 2 A 2 has to have one of the coolest skys in the game, in the middle of the nebula with a brown dwarf very close by, and the Maia black hole distorting the nebula in the distance. Maybe if I looked up less and down more I'd have found something..

Yeah i have plenty of screens of it. Awesome watching the holerise...hehe

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom