UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So... I started shooting the crashed alien vessel, and the hull seems to make my multi-cannons just bounce off, you can actually see the bullets ricochet.

I only shot it for science sake, even if it means these things hunt me down. I would just have to hunt them down in return.

I think further testing is needed, to be prepared when they come... you know.. if they hostile.

Make sure you perform the same tests on a crashed Anaconda and a random planet rock. Good scientific method is important.

You know what would be nice. A community goal to deliver intel from the wreckage sight to Palin before the Super Powers move in.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Either way I'm headed out to the rift for the week and weekend and I'll swing by anyways and give it another look.

I'm sure once the word is out the feds and the imps are going to be all over that's why I was saying the cannon needs to excavate the crashed ship. T9 is not big enough be nice time to introduce panther clipper. Also I'm sure the dev dont mind putting in some goal about getting the ship excavated just gotta be quick.

Last edited:
Tell you what would be really nice. If FD would give us a way to set a waypoint/target at specified coordinates on a planet's surface. It's just taken me as long to fly from orbit to the crash site as it did to fly from Sol to the moon in Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4, I'd completely forgotten just how infuriating it actually is. Still, on the positive side my SRV hasn't spawned 27km above the surface yet like it did at the first barnacle site. :D

Last edited:
so the disapparence of salome in cmeiss has fallen into the background, but have any searches been conducted to try and figure out how that ties in with this discovery of the crash of the alien craft

Glad you posted this. Actual science

Can that please be put at the top of page 1 of every thread, in like bold text 40 points high? It needs restating almost every other page ;)

Reclamation is lore, Dark wheel is myth/legend.

Both are part of the lore in game. Time is the factor here.

The winners write their own history

Being rich in game ill offer 30m in comods that will join sap cores lore and myth division.

Im minted so this isnt a scam

Who wants to know co of thrd

Oh my.. Have you seen the chatter in these missions???

lets prove these tin-foil-hat-wearing cranks wrong. This is real science, not their mumbo jumbo.

MUAHAAAAAA, I want to coin the mumbo-jumbo thing as a science term for the canonn jargon!!
seriously ? The last 200 pages on this threadnaught give a different impression - somehow ;)
Actually I have to state that I am a wee bit disappointed with the scientific attitude (more the lack off....) of a vast majority here - brute-forcing solutions to the mysteries is a way of solving them too, yes, BUT IT DOESN´T GAIN ANY KNOWLEDGE about logic, technology or any other aspect of neither UA/UP/Barnacle/Alien wreck, and hence leaves us COMPLETELY UNPREPARED for the things to come.
If You sucessfully want to defeat Your opponent, You first must understand him.
Whats happening here is celebrating that we have discovered the haystack(s), the needles in them still remain hidden!

Last edited:
Personally the questions this crashes raises for me is

1. How long before the feds and the imps try and claim the site?
2. Why did it crash?
3. Is this the same ship we watched in the interviews?

To be honest the biggest thing that needs to be determined is how did it crash. If it was taken out by who and what. One would assume a ship like that was not brought down by human weapons (I could be wrong). Is something else lurking out there that we have not seen yet.

Sure we found a crashed Alien ship we kinda already knew we were going to find one at the hints the Devs gave us. But now focus needs to be put on what can we learn by this crashed ship.

Pieces to a bigger puzzle.

seriously ? The last 200 pages on this threadnaught give a different impression - somehow ;)
Actually I have to state that I am a wee bit disappointed with the scientific attitude (more the lack off....) of a vast majority here - brute-forcing solutions to the mysteries is a way of solving them too, yes, BUT IT DOESN´T GAIN ANY KNOWLEDGE about logic, technology or any other aspect of neither UA/UP/Barnacle/Alien wreck, and hence leaves us COMPLETELY UNPREPARED for the things to come.
If You sucessfully want to defeat Your opponent, You first must understand him.
Whats happening here is celebrating that we have discovered the haystack(s), the needles in them still remain hidden!

Rest assured, that no amount of preparation will make us ready for what is coming. Given the ship size and its label (unknown "SCOUT" for something that is bigger than federal corvette) we'll be lucky to grind their advance to the halt if this species is agressive.

Rest assured, that no amount of preparation will make us ready for what is coming. Given the ship size and its label (unknown "SCOUT" for something that is bigger than federal corvette) we'll be lucky to grind their advance to the halt if this species is agressive.
Oh I am feeling quite assured that FD will not leave their customers (or the 90% of them which may not be able to def themselves :) ) standing in the rain completely, my point is, now that the hunt seems to be over, there is more then enough time as well as PC HR left to go back to the core-work - science - !
Don´t get me wrong, I am excited about this find like anyone - kudos to the discovering Cdrs. btw. - especcially as it provides us new opportunities for testing, but looking back at the last 3 weeks, there were loads of bathtubs emptied with the baby still in it....

- brute-forcing solutions to the mysteries is a way of solving them too, yes, BUT IT DOESN´T GAIN ANY KNOWLEDGE about logic, technology or any other aspect of neither UA/UP/Barnacle/Alien wreck, and hence leaves us COMPLETELY UNPREPARED for the things to come.

Here is the thing:
- If previous explorers didn't have the pleiades nebula already scouted..
- If previous explorers didn't care about sharing this information..
- If eddb or edsm had't been created..

The hunt would have been: come on, FD, you just want us the hang around until 2.2, we are just waiting for you to flip a switch, a nebula is so huge, scanning the surface of a planet is ridiculous, extremely complicated, drama, super-cryptic, engineering skills required, expensive licensed software for audio analysis, ambiguous, and so on.. - Please, realize that we have seen this with the surface analysis of Merope 5 C, or with the barnacle hunt, or even the UP search. -

But, it happened that the previous Ifs where all true, so we are now in the: Come on, FD, this is disappointing, so much drama and teasing for just an static asset, we didn't even needed all the clues, this is not a hunt, poorly managed, cheap, we expected other thing, where is my war?, we are now waiting for 2.2, etc, etc..

#justhumansbeinghumans..

Last edited:
Personally the questions this crashes raises for me is

1. How long before the feds and the imps try and claim the site?
2. Why did it crash?
3. Is this the same ship we watched in the interviews?

To be honest the biggest thing that needs to be determined is how did it crash. If it was taken out by who and what. One would assume a ship like that was not brought down by human weapons (I could be wrong). Is something else lurking out there that we have not seen yet.

Sure we found a crashed Alien ship we kinda already knew we were going to find one at the hints the Devs gave us. But now focus needs to be put on what can we learn by this crashed ship.

Pieces to a bigger puzzle.

That ship belongs to the Alliance. Hands off. It was given to us by the Thargoids for giving the vaccine.

Here is the thing:
- If previous explorers didn't have the pleiades nebula already scouted..
- If previous explorers didn't care about sharing this information..
- If eddb or edsm haven't been created..

The hunt would have been: come on, FD, you just want us the hang around until 2.2, we are just waiting for you to flip a switch, scanning the surface of a planet is ridiculous, extremely complicated, drama, super-cryptic, engineering skills required, expensive licensed software for audio analysis, ambiguous, and so on.. - Please, realize that we have seen this with the surface analysis of Merope 5 C, or with the barnacle hunt, or even the UP search. -

But, it happened that the previous Ifs where all true, so we are now in the: Come on, FD, this is disappointing, so much drama and teasing for just an static asset, we didn't even needed all the clues, this is not a hunt, poorly managed, cheap, we expected other thing, where is my war?, we are now waiting for 2.2, etc, etc..

#justhumansbeinghumans..
You are actually proving my point of view - by brute-forcing our way through, we missed a good portion
of the adventure, same as if someone during a paper chase tells You the final destination 300m after the start - U miss the 20Km journey and all U would have encountered along the way.

Where is the crashed object labelled scout?

Scout can be a "mission" as much a class designation

Pretty sure the Federation will send a Farragut to scout out the system the crashed object is in

Don't know where this label came from, but I assume it was someone looking at the files? there has been NONE comms in game or references about this name, so unless the person(s) who discovered it gave it this name, we better drop the idea of calling this 'scout' for <reasons>.

Oh I am feeling quite assured that FD will not leave their customers (or the 90% of them which may not be able to def themselves :) ) standing in the rain completely, my point is, now that the hunt seems to be over, there is more then enough time as well as PC HR left to go back to the core-work - science - !
Don´t get me wrong, I am excited about this find like anyone - kudos to the discovering Cdrs. btw. - especcially as it provides us new opportunities for testing, but looking back at the last 3 weeks, there were loads of bathtubs emptied with the baby still in it....

But to be honest, there is not much to be done now. MB confirmed that we wont be getting much more before 2.2 in terms of alien ships, up mystery is probably solved and the triangulated system is permit locked and the only thing left coming to my mind is Rift , but then again most CMDRs consider Rifters to be Mulders and Scullys. I hope remaining CGs will provide additional info on other alien stuff that is still to be discovered till 2.2

But thats it. We tried almost every approach possible afa crashed derelict is concerned. From visual analysis, to listeing for signals, to the honking, to the interaction with ua and up, to shooting it and even ramming it with corvette (XD). Someone even brought a few tons of fish and dropped it on top of the ship (lmao)

No reaction whatsoever

I guess it really is up to 2.2 to take serious scientific approach

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom