UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We found our 'pot of gold', but there is still something I think is missing in this story.
We know that Kohl and Granger tell the truth right?
But Granger says ''I visited a system with 10 bodies and one sun. After the incident I woke up in a system far away."
What do you guys think he meant by that? Was it just flavor text or is there is some meaning behind it?

We found our 'pot of gold', but there is still something I think is missing in this story.
But Granger says ''I visited a system with 10 bodies and one sun. After the incident I woke up in a system far away."
What do you guys think he meant by that? Was it just flavor text or is there is some meaning behind it?

What was the incident in question, as well.
The chain of events
What were they doing out there

Tell you what would be really nice. If FD would give us a way to set a waypoint/target at specified coordinates on a planet's surface. It's just taken me as long to fly from orbit to the crash site as it did to fly from Sol to the moon in Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4, I'd completely forgotten just how infuriating it actually is. Still, on the positive side my SRV hasn't spawned 27km above the surface yet like it did at the first barnacle site. :D

+1 for planet surface waypoints

But to be honest, there is not much to be done now. MB confirmed that we wont be getting much more before 2.2 in terms of alien ships, up mystery is probably solved and the triangulated system is permit locked and the only thing left coming to my mind is Rift , but then again most CMDRs consider Rifters to be Mulders and Scullys. I hope remaining CGs will provide additional info on other alien stuff that is still to be discovered till 2.2

But thats it. We tried almost every approach possible afa crashed derelict is concerned. From visual analysis, to listeing for signals, to the honking, to the interaction with ua and up, to shooting it and even ramming it with corvette (XD). Someone even brought a few tons of fish and dropped it on top of the ship (lmao)

No reaction whatsoever

I guess it really is up to 2.2 to take serious scientific approach

The Mystery of the Rift has been locatable/see able since Gamma
A Crashed ship surface side, would be in no earlier than 2.0

Perhaps we have found enough to explain the events coming in 2.2, but not everything

Perhaps we have found enough to explain the events coming in 2.2, but not everything

Are there any leads to the Rift that you guys are currently chasing?

But to be honest, there is not much to be done now. MB confirmed that we wont be getting much more before 2.2 in terms of alien ships, up mystery is probably solved and the triangulated system is permit locked and the only thing left coming to my mind is Rift , but then again most CMDRs consider Rifters to be Mulders and Scullys. I hope remaining CGs will provide additional info on other alien stuff that is still to be discovered till 2.2

But thats it. We tried almost every approach possible afa crashed derelict is concerned. From visual analysis, to listeing for signals, to the honking, to the interaction with ua and up, to shooting it and even ramming it with corvette (XD). Someone even brought a few tons of fish and dropped it on top of the ship (lmao)

No reaction whatsoever

I guess it really is up to 2.2 to take serious scientific approach
I sincerely disagree.
Neither the sonogram itself has been explained (though there have beens loads of theories) completely, not the additional figures given in right and left table. Neither pulse frequency modulation of the the purrs has been investigated/explained, nor the low bass tripletts prevailing the purrs. Futhermore it has not been explained why "wild FF" UP has two time-frames, one for the whailing/information-burst, second for purr/low bass tripletts. Additionally there are a lot of speculations around Barnacles and UA, but beside of harvesting meta alloys and morse of scanned ships respectivley, neither of them (purpose?) are really understood.
The last two weeks have been a paper-chase/wild goose hunt, based on speculations, which, given the sheer number of players involved, already statistically did crack the thing.
From my point of view we are still LYs away from understanding what is going on....

add: btw, also distribution of UP carrying planets (although investigation ongoing by a few), spawn-rates versus system-position etc. are not finished either.

Additionally I don´t think FD would setup such a flatline hunt only - that could have been done much more easy fashion - there is more behind it....

Last edited:

This. This is what still gnaws at me. There's still mysteries out there that we have let go to the way side. Sure we found the ship but that's not what they were originally hinting at. There's more to be discovered and I just hope that completing the hunt doesn't lull the majority into thinking that there's nothing left till 2.2. We still have a while to wait and more to look into. The hunt was just one objective completed. There's more truth out there.

If anyone would like I have a UP in my hold which I would like to give to someone that would like to manage it. I do not have resistant cargo racks. PM on the Canonn discord if interested. Going to bed now but I'm currently located in Maia.

This. This is what still gnaws at me. There's still mysteries out there that we have let go to the way side. Sure we found the ship but that's not what they were originally hinting at. There's more to be discovered and I just hope that completing the hunt doesn't lull the majority into thinking that there's nothing left till 2.2. We still have a while to wait and more to look into. The hunt was just one objective completed. There's more truth out there.
Thanks, rep´ed
. Finally someone who sees the breadcrumbs path instead of the chocolates beside of the way...

Neither pulse frequency modulation of the the purrs has been investigated/explained, nor the low bass tripletts prevailing the purrs. Futhermore it has not been explained why "wild FF" UP has two time-frames, one for the whailing/information-burst, second for purr/low bass tripletts.

I have come to think that this sounds are a 'fault' in FTL Comms and not really the message, everything seems to leak data whenever they transmit something.
The UA aparently transmits the basic schematic for nearby ships right? But the schematic we get is just really basic for the kind of technology we find in the universe (and its in morse oO), which makes me think it might be just a part of the original more datailed message, the part that 'leaked' is the sounds we get. This can also be seen in the comms towers of outposts, they also make a weird sound that when put through a spectrogram analysis program it looks like there are letters or numbers there.
The UP sound is the same thing, where we have a part of the message, but we can't see the whole picture yet so it makes no sense for us.

Last edited:

Is this the guy who wants the Lavian Brandy? If so - that might explain that text, I mean, it's happened to all of us at one point or another right? :)

Last edited:
Is the wreckage a confirmed ship? I thought MB's wording was crashed 'object'. . . ? So possibly a ship, but not the only possibility.

Its a ship alright. It matches what a thargoid looks like in the old games.... if you remove the blades and wings. Add them on and it becomes something terrifying in every way.

Thanks, rep´ed
. Finally someone who sees the breadcrumbs path instead of the chocolates beside of the way...

I'm surprised you can stand to be in the presence of so many small minded people here.
I for one promise to feel stupid when you come back with the True Grail or whatever you get from thinking the right way and stuff.

Its a ship alright. It matches what a thargoid looks like in the old games.... if you remove the blades and wings. Add them on and it becomes something terrifying in every way.

Considering this is Horizons only content as it is on a planet, there might even be the case that this ship can't travel in supercruise and is just a land object that happens to hoover on the planet surface.

You have no idea if it is a ship or not, and really need to stop misleading people with your assertions and your friend's "discoverings", it is not helping CookieJarviz.

@CookieJarviz please tell me your occupation as per your profile involves you creating pictures from smaller objects if that isn't the case I hope you're not studying English :p

I recommend to take part in the CG for Granger to recieve his second hint!

Yes

Also,

• the Formidine Rift mystery is all about < redacted > and is located in the < redacted > system
  • In Game of Thrones < redacted > dies
  • Luke Skywalker is Rea's father
  • There is another massive mystery to do with Soontil relics but you can skip the whole thing by going to the < redacted > system
  • The score in last nights match you recorded and where going to watch on catch up tonight was 3-2 to the other team

Anything else you want ruining?

I am not your real mother

• the Formidine Rift mystery is all about < redacted > and is located in the < redacted > system
  • In Game of Thrones everybody dies
  • Luke Skywalker is Rea's father
  • There is another massive mystery to do with Soontil relics but you can skip the whole thing by going to the < redacted > system
  • The score in last nights match you recorded and where going to watch on catch up tonight was 3-2 to the other team

FTFY.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom