UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How far out in merope system have people looked?

If the UP is our equivalent to voyager, wouldn't it still be in the merope system 20 mins or whatever out?

Thats right the reason being that we already know the morse in the UA changes in different situations (pre and post ship scan) or at least we know it used to be the planet name and changed to ship co-ordinates so maybe it will tell us where to go.

Perhaps the UA's have found the crashed ship and the probes are ready to go find it so - decode the UA morse, take the probe to the right planet then the probe shows us the rest of the picture.

Edit: I did find a youtube vid of them both together but it was filmed in ship and I could only really hear engines and proximity warnings that and my massive lack of ability to decode morse held me back.

I double checked the listed experiments and it looks like this has not be done yet. I like this idea, it's simple and makes sense- sort of. Again lack of Unknown Probes however slow down any testing.

I double checked the listed experiments and it looks like this has not be done yet. I like this idea, it's simple and makes sense- sort of. Again lack of Unknown Probes however slow down any testing.

It kind of adds up with - more to the UA message, different reason for the messages and it being possible to solve

Hang on a minute, it could be something incredibly simpler...

I cant try this as going on holiday

Overlay the probe message over the map of merope showing known barnacles. This fits in with the idea that the UA points to the system and the UP shows where the barnacles can be found within that system . It also fits in with the 'key' theory.

If correct, taking it to another nebula or system with known barnacles then scanning it may reveal all other barnacles. This fits in with a 'purpose' and also with Michaels cmoments of ' that's a testable theory '.

If this establishes it's purpose of locating alien anomalies then it could follow that it could also be used to scan for crashed alien ships etc etc

Even if my theory about overlaying the diagram over merope 5c is wrong I still think a UP ( if one can be obtained) should be taken to another planet in a another system with known barnacles and then scanned. Possibly with a UA in tow as well.

Hi All, forgive me if this has been asked before, I did look through the test spreadsheet but could not find this:

Honk a UP with a UA Onboard
Honk a UP with fragments Onboard
Honk a UP with Metal Alloys Onboard

?

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Facts:
<snip>
Probe.
Currently found with in Ross 47 and G 99-49 systems, found in USS...
There is also a confirmed sighting (by Iocastan, pictures were presented) in WOLF 294. Only one convoy has been discovered here though, but that may be due to bias. Everytime we report ROSS 47 and G 99-49 as potential systems, everyone goes there. I don't believe there are a lot of searches being done outside those two systems, mainly because people are looking for "success" rather than "new discovery." Nothing wrong with that, but it does limit our knowledge a bit.

I have a theory please help!!

OK so I've found a youtube vid of them both together at 2:40 the UA honks then begins chittering. It doesnt seem long enough to be the ship picture so I think it could be the planet name we are aiming for.

My problem is I can't figure out how to decipher the morse code if anyone at all could help I would be really grateful even if it's just to disprove the theory.

the video is

[video=youtube;aLZy1bAmSNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLZy1bAmSNQ[/video]

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi All, forgive me if this has been asked before, I did look through the test spreadsheet but could not find this:

Honk a UP with a UA Onboard
Honk a UP with fragments Onboard
Honk a UP with Metal Alloys Onboard

?

Not sure about fragments, but yes to the others.

----------

Since I mentioned the visual distortion around the Probes and Artefacts, to me it looks like the same distortion you see when entering exiting supercruise or Orbital flight. Data being transmitted though witchspace/ subspace / otherspace ? no way to follow this up though, just a random observation. It could be the art department used similar filters or whatever.

Thats right the reason being that we already know the morse in the UA changes in different situations (pre and post ship scan) or at least we know it used to be the planet name and changed to ship co-ordinates so maybe it will tell us where to go.

Perhaps the UA's have found the crashed ship and the probes are ready to go find it so - decode the UA morse, take the probe to the right planet then the probe shows us the rest of the picture.

Edit: I did find a youtube vid of them both together but it was filmed in ship and I could only really hear engines and proximity warnings that and my massive lack of ability to decode morse held me back.

I did many tests with UA and UP together. I've always listened carefully to the UA MORSE to spot some change. By ear, it was still drawing my Asp as usual, before and after the UP reply. I can spot it very well, after hearing or decoding it a million times ;)

There is also a confirmed sighting (by Iocastan, pictures were presented) in WOLF 294. Only one convoy has been discovered here though, but that may be due to bias. Everytime we report ROSS 47 and G 99-49 as potential systems, everyone goes there. I don't believe there are a lot of searches being done outside those two systems, mainly because people are looking for "success" rather than "new discovery." Nothing wrong with that, but it does limit our knowledge a bit.

ok i mentioned it a few pages back but is GG99-49 the controllling minor faction in WOLF 294 as well ? As they are the ruling minor faction in both ROSS 47 and G 99-49 there may be something correlating with that minor faction / systems they are system authority in and the UP carrying convoys - given the proximity to sirius system and sirius corporation and a corporation faction there may be a link, doing missions for GG 99-49 Living life i think the faction is called may be a very strong indicator.

Yes, a few have come close, but a lot of the assumptions being made aren't the right direction.

Michael

While you're feeling generous - Could be you kind enough to confirm we are not waiting for Frontier to 'flip a switch' as some say, or need the next update to be able to resolve the current problem?

Nevermind, already answered

Not everything, but certainly the next part is there.

Michael

I'm hoping the apparent lack of probes being found isn't due to bugs etc and it's by design.

Last edited:
Any particular reason?

My assumption here is that the -|-, -||, |--, and |-- in the message are binary numerals (base2). If they are, it stands to reason that binary would be used elsewhere in the puzzle. And if the numbers correspond to a co-ordinate system described by the image, you'd need 9-bits to go from 0-360 if you assume degrees for angles.

Though I have no clue what unit the radius would be, assuming that's what the quadrant I'm assuming is the first, means ;-)

If the figure represents a planet (or star) then the radius is defined by the surface. Apart from the binary, the figure may also offer numbers in the form of geometry (arcs, division of the circle or quadrants by various lines).

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom