UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you can stand to be in the presence of so many small minded people here.
I for one promise to feel stupid when you come back with the True Grail or whatever you get from thinking the right way and stuff.
U got that one completely into the wrong throat mate :)
This will / cannot be solved by one only, and opposite to Your implications, I have a very high mind of the people involved here - the results speak for themselves and for those who achieved them - kudos.
What annoys me though is the basic-line echoing around here "until 2.2 there is nothing to be done anymore"
which from point of solving all that questions plainly is not true.
If people are not interested to go in depth further, fine, thats their decision/motivation/game....
But the core-essence of that sentence is just wrong - IF somebody wants to get involved, there still is enough to discover...

Considering this is Horizons only content as it is on a planet, there might even be the case that this ship can't travel in supercruise and is just a land object that happens to hoover on the planet surface.

You have no idea if it is a ship or not, and really need to stop misleading people with your assertions and your friend's "discoverings", it is not helping CookieJarviz.

It's far more likely to be a ship than not, though. Horizons may have introduced planetside interactions, but ED remains a game primarily focused on interactions with spaceships. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Frontier would make the model of an alien ship long before they got around to alien ground/aerial vehicles.

The only one we CAN support is with meta-knowledge of the Elite series and that is that 8-fold Symmetry is Thargoidian.

It MIGHT not be any more, this may be based on that. It COULD also be something new in this game.

However, unless you can provide evidence of a different claim, then calling this ship 'Thargoid' is the best we can go on right now. And science always goes by the best it can go on at any one time, not by an infinite number of ''what else COULD it be'' possibilities.

I'm calling it Thargoid and I will do until evidence suggests otherwise. Yes it came from meta-knowledge but that shouldn't be discounted.

I disagree-The best we can go on is to call it "alien"

It maybe nothing but I just dropped into B2-4 and straight away there was a USS emission 0, all on its own in a few frags of debris was a "small survey data cache" ive picked it up but wanted to see if its worth keeping. Anyway on my way to see the site myself.

It's far more likely to be a ship than not, though. Horizons may have introduced planetside interactions, but ED remains a game primarily focused on interactions with spaceships. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Frontier would make the model of an alien ship long before they got around to alien ground/aerial vehicles.

I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

It has been quite common for FD to release the wreck model of new ships, before the ship it self. The Imp. Currier were common in wrecks, long before it was released.

It would not surprise me if the huge wrecks in the Pleiades where Rescue1 reports of 300 people onboard, are Beluga liner wrecks.
These sites are full of 'Personal effects'.

so the disapparence of salome in cmeiss has fallen into the background, but have any searches been conducted to try and figure out how that ties in with this discovery of the crash of the alien craft
Absolutely. There may not be *much* we can do before 2.2, but finding Salome is one of them. She knows why all these things are connected, so finding her (or, at least, finding out who took her and why) is the next big mystery.

Unfortunately for us, and for Frontier, a large part of Salome's story happens in Open, and... well...

Why, in situations like this, is the standard human reaction to "prod it with a stick". Seriously, when was this ever a good idea that turned out brilliant? :D :D ;)

I smell some interesting things coming......

because we being poking things with sticks ever since we found termites to be tasty.............its probably genetic by now

We found our 'pot of gold', but there is still something I think is missing in this story.
We know that Kohl and Granger tell the truth right?
But Granger says ''I visited a system with 10 bodies and one sun. After the incident I woke up in a system far away."
What do you guys think he meant by that? Was it just flavor text or is there is some meaning behind it?

Remember this from the NewsLetter

iLx88tk.jpg

Last edited:
It's NOT A SHIP!

Its a gestation pod. Judging by the debris around the central "Pod" I would imagine that it would be a casing of some kind in order to protect the pod itself. One thing is for sure - the centre of the pod looks nothing like either an observation platform, engine or weapon.

I think this is a PART of the ship responsible for the Barnacles. When I look at it, it instantly comes to mind that this is something that "Eggs" come out of.

The only question is... Where did the rest of the ship go? It must have been in a space battle that completely destroyed it. For just the pod and casing to have ended up crashing on this lonely world.

This brings to mind three questions.

1. Are the more bits of the mothership to find in system?

2. How danged big is this thing anyway?

3. Who blew it up, because for sure, the Feds etc... are fighting over barnacles. Which means they know nothing apart from that. If this is just a pod section, then something seriously advanced must have dusted it.

Uh-oh.

oooooooh my aching ovipositer

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Is this sarcasm, or do you seriously don't know anything about the past iterations of Elite and its lore?

For most of the human population this is true - they've never seen a Thargoid, or even experienced the effects from the conflict, only heard about them in stories. Many people believe that Thargoids are an invention to allow increased military spending. Ricardo Bentonio might know more :)

Michael

Kerrash stated in a Stream yesterday, there "could" be more to find. More wracks like that and other stuff. But it is stuff that exists since 2.0. MB stated, nothing new comes in till 2.2.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom