UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Frontier
I have, unfortunately, had my game crash in this way many, many times (generally while flying out in empty space). I've read that it may be related to having a factory overclocked GTX 980... you wouldn't happen to have one of those would you?
One of the POIs appears to be a bit crashy, but it's not the barnacle - not that we've seen from the crash reports so far at any rate.

Michael

NecoMachina

N
Following this reddit thread, I went to Merope 2A for a stroll. After ~10 minutes of canyon swooping, I found this particular spot emitting (receiving? who knows...) more strange noise.

https://vid.me/hgep

coords are about 33.335°, 161.685°
Very interesting. I heard strange things on Merope 1B, not exactly the same though. I'm not convinced mine weren't some sort of "exploration music", even though I have all music turned off in options.

Following this reddit thread, I went to Merope 2A for a stroll. After ~10 minutes of canyon swooping, I found this particular spot emitting (receiving? who knows...) more strange noise.

Wow, that's peculiar! I haven't heard anything quite like that before.
To be fair, heard it a few times, but only while in a ship. And that even before I visited Pleiades in ED 2.0.
I've always experienced it as 'ship environmental' sounds, but then that could be a horrible mistake.
Similar to some other sounds (ship only) earlier in this thread.

Tell us what you find.

Just an idea. Was going to do it but no time. Has any one taken a UA to Maia and positioned it behind the BH away from Merope. Surely the BH will block its signal and maybe point some where else. ??

One of the POIs appears to be a bit crashy, but it's not the barnacle - not that we've seen from the crash reports so far at any rate.

Michael
Can you confirm whether the random Reddit post about the LA Kings and the Staples Center and the fact that the exact text has shown up in the game, has anything to do with barnacles?

Really?
I felt that as soon as the search started, but I stuck with it because I like this game. Still do like this game.

I might join the search again, but I'm taking a break for now.
It's the other way around for me. I honestly hate the game. It's extremely lacking in content and updates hardly ever go in the right direction. But somehow I always find myself coming back to it because I get interested in stuff like this again.

No, surprisingly, these are the sounds playing (anaconda) while I'm in space, just in a SSS after watching some ships fly away. Right now.
Environmental sounds. No mystery unfortunately.

Last edited:
MB mentioned corners, but I genuinely cannot be bothered working it out anymore. Probably the corner of a nebula or something.

The worst thing is landing on a planet that is close to another, so it renders both. Went to a conflict zone between 2 planets that orbital flight zones were pretty much overlapping, ugh my GPU.

Barnacles will probably be found somewhere on the corner of a nebula, but I'm no longer looking at aimlessly scouting barren planets is literally the most boring thing you can do in a video game.

The lack of in-game clues is kind of sad, so many people will be unaware that this search is even happening. I don't read Galnet when I open the launcher to play the game, I open the launcher because I want to play the game.

But why are UAs pointing to Merope? Maybe it is because they want to get there? Maybe Merope is going to be target system of some unknown intelligence? The UAs pointing there suggest that they want to get there (CMDRs picking them up eventually everyone flew to Merope and thus the UAs got the ride)? Thinking in these lines made me wonder if their origin is elsewhere (and after all we've found nothing from Pleiades) and for some reason they have targetted Merope. Due this I decided to "change environment" so to speak. I will report if I find anything interesting but I won't disclose my destination yet.

-v
Because of their ship scanning behavior I'm more inclined to think that UA's originated from Merope, and orient that because they are transmitting data back.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom