UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi, earlier, I got myself a UA and dropped out of SC just short of Merope 3c - just before orbital cruise kicks in.

I wanted to check the UA pointed to Merope - which of course it did. But the UA started to drift, I expected this, I had read elsewhere in one of the UA threads that gravity pulls it towards the moon. Except it wasn't drifting towards the centre of the the moon. It was drifting towards the horizon of the dark side of Merope 3c.

When I get another UA, I'll try to repeat this.

Hi! (First post)

I have spent a couple of nights like everyone else roaming the Pleiades area and I am just as everyone else here convinced that there is some kind of clue that we have missed and/or code that we have not understood. Do anyone have cleaned up and run the data-point signals through a Morse interpreter? I have tried searching for it but have not find anything about results.

I belive Merope holds the key somehow, but since it was so crowded already I decided to widen my search. On two separate occasions my heart skipped a beat because I though that I had made a significant discovery, but they both just turned out to be graphical glitches (I searched the area because I did suspect that those glitches where created by some object interfering with the "normal" scenery, but did not find anything (except random gold, narcotics and battle-weapons).

(Pictures too large to imbed as pictures, so they are in the links)

ELECTRA 2
http://i.imgur.com/oSyx3QP.jpg

PLEIADES SECTOR HR-W D1- 79 1 A
http://i.imgur.com/TIYbcO2.jpg

I've seen the dark square before. However, the "flung mud" on Elektra... looks like it might contain MORSE??

Hi! (First post)

I have spent a couple of nights like everyone else roaming the Pleiades area and I am just as everyone else here convinced that there is some kind of clue that we have missed and/or code that we have not understood. Do anyone have cleaned up and run the data-point signals through a Morse interpreter? I have tried searching for it but have not find anything about results.

I belive Merope holds the key somehow, but since it was so crowded already I decided to widen my search. On two separate occasions my heart skipped a beat because I though that I had made a significant discovery, but they both just turned out to be graphical glitches (I searched the area because I did suspect that those glitches where created by some object interfering with the "normal" scenery, but did not find anything (except random gold, narcotics and battle-weapons).

(Pictures too large to imbed as pictures, so they are in the links)

ELECTRA 2
http://i.imgur.com/oSyx3QP.jpg

PLEIADES SECTOR HR-W D1- 79 1 A
http://i.imgur.com/TIYbcO2.jpg

When you're providing pictures like the first one, you need to provide coordinates. The second picture is just a graphical glitch.

I have had considerable success locating POIs from the ship - as well as turning the scanning range to maximum, I have also found that switching to a linear scale also very useful. Hopefully this may help a bit.

However, obviously not found a barny yet!! Lol

Last edited:
UA & Aliens

Do people expect a new game experience unlocking aliens in the elite dangerous universe?

This is a question which many people have been thinking and asking here, and I can only give my experience with the game and indicate why I'm here:
I played E:D for around 5 months, starting without any online research (just using what was provided in-game such as missions and trading), and found I was not getting anywhere very fast. The only way to get a sense of accomplishment was to see what others had done; I found the best trade routes and started going through the "grind". Once I had enough to get the best ship in the game (Anaconda at the time), it was a question of outfitting it, so powerplay, level 5 and bounty hunting at H.Res sites helped my combat rank. Got the the point where there was no real reason to increase my credits (~700 mill). I didn't care much about the faction I had joined or if it was successful or expanded. Tried to do some exploring and as much as I appreciated the views, the novelty of seeing pretty much the same stars and planet types proved a bit boring, and the few "discoveries" well outside the bubble were not worth the time I had invested. I joined the fuel rats in order to help others, but if you see just how many people are there now offering their services (for much the same reasons as I), I needed a different goal; one which would make more sense than flying around for personal benefit. In comes the UA and a potential game-changer; having them as an ally wouldn't do much (even technological exchange is not of much interest if there is still no goal or objective), so the only war would give purpose, or at the very least - tension. Many people here enjoy helping others and not working towards personal goals, so we're all eager to see what might come of this and hope it becomes less about "wow isn't space big, vast and empty!".

My current feeling however is that F.Dev still prefer the approach of "isn't the galaxy so big!" and now "isn't a planet so big!". There are only a few people (if any) complaining about how great the sandbox looks and how much effort has ben put into it; we're all just really eager to see what they fill it with, and are all too used to instant gratification and "winning".

Last edited:
This is a question which many people have been thinking and asking here, and I can only give my experience with the game and indicate why I'm here:
I played E:D for around 5 months, starting without any online research (just using what was provided in-game such as missions and trading), and found I was not getting anywhere very fast. The only way to get a sense of accomplishment was to see what others had done; I found the best trade routes and started going through the "grind". Once I had enough to get the best ship in the game (Anaconda at the time), it was a question of outfitting it, so powerplay, level 5 and bounty hunting at H.Res sites helped my combat rank. Got the the point where there was no real reason to increase my credits (~700 mill). I didn't care much about the faction I had joined or if it was successful or expanded. Tried to do some exploring and as much as I appreciated the views, the novelty of seeing pretty much the same stars and planet types proved a bit boring, and the few "discoveries" well outside the bubble were not worth the time I had invested. I joined the fuel rats in order to help others, but if you see just how many people are there now offering their services (for much the same reasons as I), I needed a different goal; one which would make more sense than flying around for personal benefit. In comes the UA and a potential game-changer; having them as an ally wouldn't do much (even technological exchange is not of much interest if there is still no goal or objective), so the only war would give purpose, or at the very least - tension. Many people here enjoy helping others and not working towards personal goals, so we're all eager to see what might come of this and hope it becomes less about "wow isn't space big, vast and empty!".

My current feeling however is that F.Dev still prefer the approach of "isn't the galaxy so big!" and now "isn't a planet so big!". There are few people if any complaining about how great the sandbox looks and how much effort has ben put into it; we're all just really eager to see what they fill it with, and are too used to instant gratification and "winning".

As far as I'm concerned if ''unlocking'' aliens in the galaxy brings me new things to do/rewarding stuff then sure. If it just brings lore than this will have been a huge waste of time.
Back to Merope 3B srv'ing.. Vroom.

Wooo just found my second Strange Alloys mission in HIP 18609 at Wisniewski-Snerg Plant (yes it is honestly called that, weirdest name ever)

Looks like I can test a couple of theories about the mission that I didn't think of during the time I had the last one.

Edit: ARRRG almost as soon as I got the mission I got an NPC saying "Oh there you are, I have important information for you" but it was as I was Hyperspacing and I didn't notice until I came out the other end... I'd better get another chance to get that event!

Edit again: Ok I got him again but it was to do with another mission, he was annoyed I assasinated someone and wanted me to make it up to his group...

Last edited:
I also have really weird sounds. Like really. Like from an entity. Nothing environmental would do such noise.

BUT.

Once I switch to Debug or SRV, noise gone. So... I don't think those sound matter.

Uploading now regardless.

Wooo just found my second Strange Alloys mission in HIP 18609 at Wisniewski-Snerg Plant (yes it is honestly called that, weirdest name ever)

Wiśniewski-Snerg is a surname of a Polish science-fiction writer :)
Edit: actually, a combination of a surname and an alias. His real name was Adam Wiśniewski.

Last edited:

My current feeling however is that F.Dev still prefer the approach of "isn't the galaxy so big!" and now "isn't a planet so big!". There are few people if any complaining about how great the sandbox looks and how much effort has ben put into it; we're all just really eager to see what they fill it with, and are too used to instant gratification and "winning".

It's like I'm saying. We're all too used to getting success delivered to us with a few weeks of grinding. That's not how life works. Sometimes it's better to take a step back, take some time off, and wait. I'm in no hurry. Let's see where the news goes next, and then work from that.

I think, that maybe the position of the barnacles is tied to some specific location on the planets/moons (canals, craters, mountain formations, etc). It's nonsense to sweep the whole surface of the bodies. There must be some clue; we are all overlooking; that is narrowing the hunt. I'm currently searching on Atlas B3 as it has different sound on the system map from other HMC bodies. The only significant difference from Atlas B1 and B2 is its volcanic activity and orbiting moon. Don't know if this can cause the different sound on the system map.

So : Here is the video of the weird sounds.

For a quick one start listening at 0:40, (sound around 0:45)

Weird uh ?? But I don't think it's important. Saddly. We need more ingame hints.. !

[video=youtube_share;MKK--CgR0t0]https://youtu.be/MKK--CgR0t0[/video]

Can some one else verify this please?

System/planet: Atlas B 1
Coords: around 15, -15
In orbital cruise, about 150-250km high

It's the "usual" green thing, that I don't know what is, but it's very common.

The unusual is the near perfect green rectangle - does any one else has that? It looks like a green landing zone. :)

(Ps.: I did log out and back, and it's still there for me.)

View attachment 93872View attachment 93873

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom