UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This has been my mindset the whole time. When I saw the Cthulhu face on the notebook, I started digging and found that one of the gods, Gtuhanai, was BASICALLY a black hole somewhere in the Pleiades. Since Maia's got the player station, a black hole, and loads of planets able to be landed on, I thought it would be a good start. To top it off, the black hole seems to darken the closest planets..? I imagine there's some physics behind that, and barnacles typically prefer darkness. Some types of barnacles even retract when they're exposed to light.

Anyway, Gtuhanai was the "Destroyer God of the Aartna", and the Aartna were metal alien beings somewhere in the Pleiades Cluster. Something I've been paying attention to, given that all of this is related to metal alloys, is the metal content of planets. So far my search hasn't turned up anything too hot, and I meant to write this days ago, but the system map in Maia seems to tell a story, like Gtuhanai has sucked the life from all the second row of planets and is coming for the top.

I know somewhere else somebody made the comparison of these space barnacles to real barnacles, and while I don't have his exact quote, a friend and I initially speculated that this alien race might be reproducing like barnacles: spermcasting. UAs seem to burst into tiny flecks when they're destroyed, barnacles somehow related to UAs, UAs point towards Merope (maybe the system they were trying to escape to?), "barnacles" thrive on high metal planets and may die or be less likely to be found on rocky planets. It would make sense if this followed the same pattern as UAs, and the barnacles begin to expand as time goes on. The spermcasting concept would also explain why UAs are becoming more common if barnacles are successfully finding their way to metal planets.

I guess it's all speculation and assumes that these aren't thargoid related, but even if the above is incorrect the Cthulhu portion still seems mighty convincing to me. Sometimes I find myself chanting to the black hole.

Regardless, one thing that did seem odd to me was the metal content in Merope: all planets aside from 5B and 5C have metal contents of 8.9%. 5B has 9.4% while 5C has 14%. That's 12 out of 14 planets in the system, 85%, all equal in terms of content. If this is the system where all the UAs point, maybe they would seek the higher metal content planets? Maybe all the other rocky worlds have been drained to the minimum metal content to allow a colony of barnacles to survive? I don't know. The Cthulhu theory and the nature of the UA pull me separate ways, but I've found myself hopping all over Maia and Merope 5B/5C.
At least I wasn't alone in seeing the connection and I spotted that notebook too! I edited my own Cthulhu related post for accuracy. It was Haunter in the Dark, not watcher, though I find "watcher" to still be appropriate. The preference for darkness has been my guiding light, so to speak. Or should that be guiding gloom?

To me, the UA look like miniature Cthulhu (starspawn anyone?) and I have given up roaming the Nebula and am sticking to the planets around the black hole, for Lovecraftian reasons. I'm enjoying the creepy planets regardless, whether or not I find anything.

B1BA is just plain awesome! 14km high mountains, on a tiny ball of rock and giant sinkholes in them, perfect for hiding...stuff.

I hadn't made any lovecraftian connections personally but the idea that this could even loosely be a lovecraftian-based story has me so incredibly excited :D

Testing out a theory - nebulae are where you can find a high concentration of young stars in the process of formation. It's not common to find small planets in orbit around these stars, but i'm going to find a system with a Tauri star and landable planet and give it a once over...

Linking Nebulae + mist + trailer all together, take me to tinking about the footage immediately before the T9 crashed and the suspected Barnicle on the video: I'm talking about the surface installation shown at 0:53. if the planet is the same, than it is the only one with a surface port in the Pleiades nebulae: MAIA B1D.
Have someone already searched there?

Testing out a theory - nebulae are where you can find a high concentration of young stars in the process of formation. It's not common to find small planets in orbit around these stars, but i'm going to find a system with a Tauri star and landable planet and give it a once over...
And of course Pleiades are relatively young stars (about 100 mil years old). But why it is "quite logical" to find alien life in nebulae? Thinking because life has best chances to be generated by growing celestial bodies... "primordial soup"... *rattle rattle*

Linking Nebulae + mist + trailer all together, take me to tinking about the footage immediately before the T9 crashed and the suspected Barnicle on the video: I'm talking about the surface installation shown at 0:53. if the planet is the same, than it is the only one with a surface port in the Pleiades nebulae: MAIA B1D.

Yeah, that needs to be grid-searched.

I been there a little bit. The settlment is visible with eye but nothing on the contact list. Looks normal to me for the rest. Been also inside few creaters and no mist/fog/bernacles

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom