UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
when you say "humming" do you mean the sound of the planet in the system map?

Just checked to see what you mean. It is different from the system map. More like a deep low frequency hum.

Interesting: On the system map, the moons sound different, but more similar to each other in space.

Had a strange event, probably not related. Was driving around on HP... erm... 2217? One of the seven sisters anyway, first planet, high metal, 1.5ish G (you can see, i'm a man of precision!).

Driving around the massive crater there, the one with the green glow look and its bottom is covered in mist (it kind of fits with the video right?). Well, driving along, plenty of fuel, hull at 87%. And suddenly, without any obvious cause, my SRV exploded. Bizarre! I might have to revisit that crater.

Side question: Has anyone tried loading a UA into a SRV and tried driving around, and listening?

I was there earlier today. High gravity kept pulling me down craters, but I see what you mean about the mist.

A lot of gold canisters lying about, though.

theory time....

If thew Merope star is a RELAY for the messages from the UA...

Then you would need a place in land to safely recieve those messages...

since we cannot go to any planet on MEROPE, only the moons, even if they were tidaly locked theres only TWO places on each moon that would have contact with the STAR all time , THE POLES....

Had a strange event, probably not related. Was driving around on HP... erm... 2217? One of the seven sisters anyway, first planet, high metal, 1.5ish G (you can see, i'm a man of precision!).

Driving around the massive crater there, the one with the green glow look and its bottom is covered in mist (it kind of fits with the video right?). Well, driving along, plenty of fuel, hull at 87%. And suddenly, without any obvious cause, my SRV exploded. Bizarre! I might have to revisit that crater.

Side question: Has anyone tried loading a UA into a SRV and tried driving around, and listening?
Indeed.
While driving around there, my SRV spontaneously exploded (hull>80%). Has anybody else such an accident?
Twice, hull at 80% or above - driving straight ahead, self combusted.
Aka the self-combusting ships incident right after gamma in 2014.

Yes, people have been driving around with it quite a few times. Here's Daddio is playing with it right now: http://www.twitch.tv/daddio66

im at the mentioned coordinates on merope 3c with cmdr de rosa and something just exploded. i heard 3 exploding sounds but i cant see anything.

Simple Question to MB (and to everyone else): Are those Green Areas on Landable Planets have any Relationship to the Barnicles? Or why are they Green and look like a Garden Center sometimes?

Just checked to see what you mean. It is different from the system map. More like a deep low frequency hum.

Interesting: On the system map, the moons sound different, but more similar to each other in space.

Theory time: I wonder if we are looking for a needle in a haystack within the Paledies, perhaps a clue to the correct planet might be with interesting sounds on the system map. (different types of planets emit different sounds on system map).
Laz

something new for me. heading to a POI are start seeing stuff floating towards me, not like space dust you normally see.

see screenshot for location

EliteDangerous64 2016-01-10 20-55-05-64.png

theory time....

If thew Merope star is a RELAY for the messages from the UA...

Then you would need a place in land to safely recieve those messages...

since we cannot go to any planet on MEROPE, only the moons, even if they were tidaly locked theres only TWO places on each moon that would have contact with the STAR all time , THE POLES....

Depends on axilal tilt and orbital plane as well. It's You can't see the Sun from the Noth Pole in the winter. ;-)

Please check out the system called Pleione, in particular Pleione 4.

In mythology Pleione lived in a southern region of Greece called Arcadia, on a mountain named Mount Kyllini. She married the Titan Atlas and gave birth to the Hyades, Hyas and the Pleiades. Pleione 4 does have mountains as I fell down one!

Also Pleione is an orchid also found growing high on mountains.

Might not be anything but you never know, I'll be heading back tomorrow. If nothing else the view is good!

Pleione 4.JPG

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom