UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yep. About 200 years ago in thread terms I suggested it might be the sound from Space Invaders, slowed down :D (it doesn't quite match though)

I think this is a product of the decay, the tone rising as it gets nearer to death. May be different with a non decaying UA?

yep you're right, in the recording I made before I scooped it, all of the low notes are exactly the same. And, as others have said in the past, there are only 2 or 3 purrs per howl, vs 6-8 purrs per howl after it's been scooped. I realize this is all probably old news, but it might help to have a fresh perspective on it, from someone who wasn't involved in the earlier threads.

Last edited:
theory time....

If thew Merope star is a RELAY for the messages from the UA...

Then you would need a place in land to safely recieve those messages...

since we cannot go to any planet on MEROPE, only the moons, even if they were tidaly locked theres only TWO places on each moon that would have contact with the STAR all time , THE POLES....

I've been thinking this as well. And considering some POIs are hand placed, I'm thinking coordinates are important.

Please check out the system called Pleione, in particular Pleione 4.

In mythology Pleione lived in a southern region of Greece called Arcadia, on a mountain named Mount Kyllini. She married the Titan Atlas and gave birth to the Hyades, Hyas and the Pleiades. Pleione 4 does have mountains as I fell down one!

Also Pleione is an orchid also found growing high on mountains.

Might not be anything but you never know, I'll be heading back tomorrow. If nothing else the view is good!

View attachment 93858

And this planet involved in old mission from Elite 2 Frontier where Thargoid ship wreck can be found in orbit.

Just recorded the sound from said location on Merope 3C.

This is no game music from debug camera, stats quiet, ends quiet so figure one cycle

[video=youtube;-vM8MqpA-mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vM8MqpA-mw[/video]

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with you- your version also looks a bit misty to me.
Looking at the version that Cmdr Icefire posted, where one can see further into the distance, the thing that strikes me is that there are absolutely NO stars visible or any other astronomical objects. OK, it could be very misty so probably deep within a nebula (was beginning to think they might be in lava tubes on a planet with volcanism, or a cave, but I thank that hypothesis is ruled out by the fact that you can see at least two, possibly three, rises in the ground). So I don't think that there are ANY clues in this picture, other than the G indication from the SRV thruster angle.

P.S. I suspect the meta-alloys may be the octagonal pods along the length of the spikes; pity- the podules on a UA look like cargo containers to me & that would have answered the question how we might be able to harvest meta-alloys as a commodity.

I think you may have missed what I was saying.
There absolutely is some mist on the planet, but I was replying to the comment about if it was as misty as the photo posted before, which was caused by altering the photo. ;)

Just checked to see what you mean. It is different from the system map. More like a deep low frequency hum.

Interesting: On the system map, the moons sound different, but more similar to each other in space.

Do you have audio of it? I was getting a humming noise on Merope 1A while listening to a UA and wasnt able to achieve the noise on another moon or even on return to the same spot on Merope 1A. I also couldn't identify the sound as any SRV module or "planet noise."

I posted this video yesterday or the day before but got no feedback on it. I'm interested to know if it is the same sound you were experiencing. You may have to listen in headphones or good speakers as the UA's noises are significantly louder than the hum.

[video=youtube_share;1PdyCAy9ehM]https://youtu.be/1PdyCAy9ehM[/video]

Please check out the system called Pleione, in particular Pleione 4.

In mythology Pleione lived in a southern region of Greece called Arcadia, on a mountain named Mount Kyllini. She married the Titan Atlas and gave birth to the Hyades, Hyas and the Pleiades. Pleione 4 does have mountains as I fell down one!

Also Pleione is an orchid also found growing high on mountains.

Might not be anything but you never know, I'll be heading back tomorrow. If nothing else the view is good!

View attachment 93858

Yeah - Pleione 4 is very pretty. Was hoping there might have been some barnacle-y things in the ring that dropped to the surface... but I certainly didn't find anything.

It's not a friendly planet for Pythons, either.

Hi! (First post)

I have spent a couple of nights like everyone else roaming the Pleiades area and I am just as everyone else here convinced that there is some kind of clue that we have missed and/or code that we have not understood. Do anyone have cleaned up and run the data-point signals through a Morse interpreter? I have tried searching for it but have not find anything about results.

I belive Merope holds the key somehow, but since it was so crowded already I decided to widen my search. On two separate occasions my heart skipped a beat because I though that I had made a significant discovery, but they both just turned out to be graphical glitches (I searched the area because I did suspect that those glitches where created by some object interfering with the "normal" scenery, but did not find anything (except random gold, narcotics and battle-weapons).

(Pictures too large to imbed as pictures, so they are in the links)

ELECTRA 2
http://i.imgur.com/oSyx3QP.jpg

PLEIADES SECTOR HR-W D1- 79 1 A
http://i.imgur.com/TIYbcO2.jpg

Confirmed. I've heard this ambiance on many other planets on the dark sides.

EDIT: Has the search been narrowed don't to a single planet yet?

Hey Kerrash,
though some concentrate on Merope 3C, it is by no means the finally chosen planet. No theory came up (and stood a test) to chose a planet in the Nebula. Would you have any ideas:)?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom