UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Are we all getting the meta alloys mission before we search by the way? I know it's probably been answered already, but are the things a mission spawn?

I know, but for sake of people 'immersion' I don't say how I know, because everyone wants to invest hundreds of hours into scouring planets looking, which is time I don't have.
Dude if you think we enjoy aimlessly driving around staring at rocks you're badly mistaken.
Screw immersion, just tell us what you know already and let's end this stupid grind.

HIGH ALERT

The following video was recorded by CMDR Kola2dono on Merope 3C. Notice the creepy noise. Canonn Members have been dispatched to the planet to further investigate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWbcZ0cLsQ&feature=youtu.be

Just heard the same sound in Maia B1 BA (31.4190, 64.3462) while searching a deep dark creepy crater

I didn't know that Elite Dangerous was a horror game

Here is the video I recorded a minute ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6j3ao00YY&feature=youtu.be

I don't know where they spawn other than the MB hints, I've just got back from a 32k Ly exploration trip, but I do have a strategy for when I go looking for them which should be efficient.

I will at least be able to establish if they spawn in the game.

Last edited:
I keep having this happen in Merope every single time to these planets EVERY single time too.

Weirder still, the moon that I can land on, Merope 2 A, can be selected from the system map and highlighted in space, but it does NOT show up on my navigation list. EVEN when I set it to just landable moons and planets.

Anyone know what's going on with that?

MeropeBug.png

Last edited:
Are we all getting the meta alloys mission before we search by the way? I know it's probably been answered already, but are the things a mission spawn?

According to MB we don't need the mission in order to be able to find barnacles. Although AFAIK it's not clear if having the mission makes barnacles easier to find.

Dude if you think we enjoy aimlessly driving around staring at rocks you're badly mistaken.
Screw immersion, just tell us what you know already and let's end this stupid grind.

Many players, including myself, do NOT want him to do this. The reason is nothing will happen after the 'grind' is finished. Sure, you'll be able to see Barnacles whenever you want... but will it progress the story immediately? No. The search is designed to take time in order for the story to develop at a pace that is easier to digest AND to maximise player input and impact on the story progression.

If you're the kind of person who wants a resolution over the journey, despite the resolution not giving any material or major reward... well... then stop searching.

I hope you do continue to search and I hope you come to enjoy it, but frankly, the search is what players like myself enjoy. Don't take that from us just for impatience's sake.

I NEED TO CORRECT MISELF, THE PLANET THAT HAS THE FOGGY CRATE IS 2!!!!

That's interesting, because I'm on planet 1 in HIP 17862, same lat/long, in a large, shallow crater, and it looks like this...

Attachments

• HIP 17862 1 14-79.jpg
    HIP 17862 1 14-79.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Edit - okay if it's a known bug, that's cool - but I'll leave my comment here anyway...

These SRV insta-deaths bother me greatly. I've clocked up around 200km and never had anything like this - and that's with some pretty dangerous driving (well, falling to be more precise!)...

I know 200km is nowhere near the top amount, but if there were a bug causing it, I'd have expected to have experienced it by now?
My first sudden boom today came to me after cracking nearly 800km in the SRV. It was pretty rough terrain, but nothing I hadn't seen before and as said, I was still above 80% hull.

That's interesting, because I'm on planet 1 in HIP 17862, same lat/long, in a large, shallow crater, and it looks like this...

hehe, go to the lat on planet 2 ... the crate is easy 100x100 km or more. and the depth is about to 20 km

plus the mist and full black and high G ... a death wish :D

(just crashed inside it)
--edit---
I mean the GAME crashed not ME xD

Last edited:
I know, but for sake of people 'immersion' I don't say how I know, because everyone wants to invest hundreds of hours into scouring planets looking, which is time I don't have.

Well, since you dont know where, that means you havent found one... So, it's either hacking, or you were told by a member of the dev team. There is no other explanation.

I think all you're saying is that you looked at the game files, which most of us already knew via the whole misspelling dirt-road.

Last edited:
Just found a crashed ship on Merope 3c with two occupied escape pods - it's Glen smegging Miller isn't it ? :p

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom