UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
MB did NOT say they were exceedingly rare. Somebody misquoted him. He said the original UAs were exceedingly rare.

Yeah, he did actually say meta-alloys were "exceedingly rare" towards the end of the last thread. People then started pointing out how similar his wording was to a post he made when UAs were first introduced.

Last edited:
I'm not ragequitting or giving up on the search, but I'm going to take a break. The past few weeks I've gone from nebula to nebula, planet to planet and found nothing.
I'm not entirely sure there is something to be found. I've checked hundreds of POIs. I've flown between them, driven between them. I've seen so many, POIs are no longer interesting. Adding more to the overall disappointment I've been feeling with Horizons. I hope 2.1 comes soon.

Whether by bug or design, I just don't think they are in game yet.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

MB did NOT say they were exceedingly rare. Somebody misquoted him. He said the original UAs were exceedingly rare.

no, he said the meta alloys are exceedingly rare. its in the thread asking if meta alloys are bugged if you don't believe us.

That overheating thing people mention, I'm on the dark side of Pleione 6, had no problems until now. I'm in orbit, and trying to use my FSD heats my ship up over 150% in seconds. I was investigating a signal when I crashed, and teleported back to my ship. Now I'm stuckish, so I'll go back down.

Edit: Went to the other side of the planet, not overheating any more. Heading back to those coords. =]

Last edited:
This must have been said already, but I think we're missing something. There must be a clue, like Planet + Coords somewhere, like the morse code from the artifacts.

Maybe it's not Merope, because it's a small system, with few land-able planets, and also has a big bright star. Maybe a system with a brown-dwarf or something.

The only thing I can think of is that, somewhere, there's a local bulletin board article containing a clue, waiting for someone to notice it.

Edit - okay if it's a known bug, that's cool - but I'll leave my comment here anyway...

These SRV insta-deaths bother me greatly. I've clocked up around 200km and never had anything like this - and that's with some pretty dangerous driving (well, falling to be more precise!)...

I know 200km is nowhere near the top amount, but if there were a bug causing it, I'd have expected to have experienced it by now?
I've driven over 1.4Mm and not suffered one of these strange destructions. I'm not a slow or cautious driver, I will slam pedal to the metal over moguls and thruster from dune to dune, or fall 800m on a 1.2g world and survive because of Premium SRV repair immediately before hitting the floor. Nevertheless, I always load at least a 4G Planetary Hangar (2 SRVs).

im at the mentioned coordinates on merope 3c with cmdr de rosa and something just exploded. i heard 3 exploding sounds but i cant see anything.
That's probably your ship dismissing itself and jumping out to orbital cruise. It makes an echoing sonic boom as it jumps out.

Yeah - Pleione 4 is very pretty. Was hoping there might have been some barnacle-y things in the ring that dropped to the surface... but I certainly didn't find anything.

It's not a friendly planet for Pythons, either.
It is friendly for finding Arsenic and Polonium for jumponium. I quite like the planet. Maybe it's the blue star giving everything a washed out shade.

Tomorrow morning: Michael reads this thread. Ask Development again. They take a look into the spawn table of the Barnacles Poi.

*uhh we have it game, but we forgot to active them..*
Don't even joke about that! ;)
Really, the collective number of flight and driving hours racked up by all pilots in the Pleiades this weekend is insane!

just to show you how far lights can actually be seen....
I've spotted a POI from 3km away in my ship because of the lights. It was distinctive because I've never seen a data point like it, with bunkers and a blue shaft of light shining into the sky. Very human. Nothing usually found.

Kerrash said have we reduced the number of planets to search yet.
Given the SRV thrusters in the trailer indicate a planet with higher than 1g gravity, here's a list of the landable planets over 1g in the Pleiades. Thank you to whichever editor did this in the spreadsheet because it wasn't me. I'm grateful they did it. Thank you.
From spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZRligUFw79RnXmPPH0H8TAw/edit?usp=docslist_api

PlanetTypeLandableTidally locked GravityTemp (K)
HR 1185 A 4High Metal ContentYesNo4.12701
Taygeta 4Metal-richYesYes3.51388
Taygeta 7High Metal ContentYesYes2.9561
HIP 17862 2High Metal ContentYesYes2.64
HIP 17862 1High Metal ContentYesYes2.19
Maia A 7High Metal ContentYesYes1.96545
Pleione 4Metal-richYesYes1.821046
HR 1172 A 1Metal-richYesYes1.541033
Electra 1Metal-richYesNo1.391334
Electra 2Metal-richYesYes1.351017
HR 1172 A 2High Metal ContentYesNo1.25777
Pleione 6High Metal ContentYesYes1.25789
Electra 3Metal-richYesYes1.161017

The north pole on Pleione 4 is swarming with scanner hits. I found a crashed ship, another old-timey satellite, and a gold stash all within a a very short drive of each other. This is very unusual. I have a feeling that if I drive around here enough, one of these POI's will spawn a Barnacle.

Why searching for a dwarf star ? Or on the night side of a tidal lock planet ? Because their was in the dark in the trailer ? What about the green glowing effect if it was on a full light scene ? you probably think too far and miss something right front of you.

And what about if barnacles are able to expand on the surface of planets? Now we are looking for something that we think is shown in a frame from a video but it's not confirmed. Maybe we need to fly around and look for changes on planets surfaces.

PS: sorry for English, regards from Spain! 🤖

Now on my way to job.
Fly Safe!

The only thing I can think of is that, somewhere, there's a local bulletin board article containing a clue, waiting for someone to notice it.

If that's the real answer we would need a way to reduce the numbers of stations otherwise you would be dealing with yet another needle in a haystack (YANIAH I'm claiming the acronym). Ideally it would have to be a station in Maia, Varati (go canonn!) or Palins current system if not all meta alloy mission spawning stations). The alternative is GalNet so get to reading.

El Dragoon!

Banned

for the love of god, check aegis 7 for rare metals, if it worked in dead-space it will work in ED pfffffff

worst case Senior, Necromorph apocalypse, and thats way cooler than a zombie apocalypse

tumblr_mukhrdvGzw1r6d0sao1_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom