UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
WOW! How did you find it?!?!?! :D
That post was made sooooo much time ago, when I was assuming the 7 markings on the UA could be related to the 7 Sisters, and not without some opposition :D
BTW could be a good thing to refresh it, as the markings are still there... watching us... ;)

Google image search is just brilliant. Good tool looking for the right UA image these days.
Glad you made it back then, it's becoming useful now.
o7

Guys - the log entry is nice but until we know how it was obtained it's complete speculation to link it to UAs or barnacles.

Feel free to tin foil hat away as it's likely all we've got but we do need provenance on stuff like this.

Lesson one learned: Do not drop an UA in orbit, gravity seems to work pretty well, hehe. It was gone in seconds, could hear the whalesongs getting more and more distant until they vanished in the void.

Last edited:
... but ignoring what I just said though:

PR5 - reference to a system or system and its 5th star
row 2 - 2nd star / planet
seats 5 + 6 - 5th/6th planets / moons

dead centre, perfect viewing height - suggests that the planets / moons are paired and from the mid-point you'll see something or maybe that's the place to drop a UA.

Guys - the log entry is nice but until we know how it was obtained it's complete speculation to link it to UAs or barnacles.

Feel free to tin foil hat away as it's likely all we've got but we do need provenance on stuff like this.

We should theorise if it can narrow down the search.
Using previously gained research now is also a good way to have a fresh look at what we theorised about back then.
Also, we don't want to discourage anyone who can connect the dots if they think they have a dot that fits the pattern.

The log entries isn't a dot for this pattern. However, we all share this with each-other in case there are someone else who can come up with new information.
Keep sharing.

Agreed, but a firm link to the mystery would be nice - all we have here is a random screenshot with no context.

Having said that, googling 'Pleiades PR5' leads to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elements_of_the_Cthulhu_Mythos

The PR5 entry leads to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep.jpg

Looks like a barnacle to me - mystery solved, I'm going to chill out in my padded room!

I keep looking at those 7 markings on the UAs head too, but so far I can't sort it into anything meaningful. I'm sure it represents the 7 Sisters though, and perhaps describes a paper chase- if we can associate the right stars to the right markings we get the right order.

BTW - @DynamicBob - it's been a few pages since you last spammed the thread to sell UAs in Maia. Maybe you'd like to pop up another one so we can all ignore it, and/or put up another counterpost to remind everyone that the Canonn are not condoning selling UAs to stations?

I like it.

And '5' could mean 5-stars system, or 5th brightest(hottest) star in Pleiades

And ''Thursday's night'' might be another pointer there - could it be that we need to look at night side? Why ''Thursday'' though? Hmm...

Thursday Night; Night - it's a constellation. T for Taurus.
PR Pleiades Region
Mag 5 star - Pleione, Row 2 (2nd planet from the outside) Moons 5 &6 which are a binary pair, once of which is landable

I'm enjoying these goose chases - it's like fishing. You can go all day without a catch but at least you got out of the house :)

Agreed, but a firm link to the mystery would be nice - all we have here is a random screenshot with no context.

View attachment 93997

Looks like a barnacle to me - mystery solved, I'm going to chill out in my padded room!

I'm tempted to join you in a padded room. Michael Brookes has a thing for Cthulhu right, what are the chances of that!?

It says right there, they are visable from 15km, you find them with you eyes (and yes, it really is very hard to spot them)

Ok, well I've been in the Pleiades for the entirety of Horizons, and I haven't seen a single POI that is large enough to be seen from that far away. The largest ones that I can see from my usual cruising altitude of 2-5km often don't even render. I assume we haven't seen these kinds of POI in the Pleiades then?

View attachment 93997

I recommend 'the colour out of space' and 'the whisperer in darkness' from HP Lovecraft.

Knowing the fascination DB has with Lovecraft's stories, the connections between the lore and of course the sound design of ED to those is undeniable.

I think those Lovecraftian aliens were an inspiration for Thargoids. Insectoid species capable of interstellar travel.

Hehe, nice attempt though. No it never leads you to that article or myth. And you didn't narrow down the search.
Now give me the key, I'll got some tea & biscuits for you. we got plenty from Merope 3 C last night.
PS: Lurker is a Canonneer, with a special mission to find clues for us. There's a bit of trust within the group when we dig up old dirty notes, until we can reference it properly.

Last edited:
I keep looking at those 7 markings on the UAs head too, but so far I can't sort it into anything meaningful. I'm sure it represents the 7 Sisters though, and perhaps describes a paper chase- if we can associate the right stars to the right markings we get the right order.

BTW - @DynamicBob - it's been a few pages since you last spammed the thread to sell UAs in Maia. Maybe you'd like to pop up another one so we can all ignore it, and/or put up another counterpost to remind everyone that the Canonn are not condoning selling UAs to stations?

It might be interesting to sell just one though. The price-speculation thread on the UAs posited the value of the UAs in the "source" system would be 150K, it'd be interesting to see if that theory checked out.

It might be interesting to sell just one though. The price-speculation thread on the UAs posited the value of the UAs in the "source" system would be 150K, it'd be interesting to see if that theory checked out.

No need to sell the UA in order to get the price. I've got one in my hold - I'm not selling it, but the black market in MAIA offers me 271,829

Out of date.
We had this at the end of Thread#4:
(one example)
UA_______(stolen) 271.324 Cr______330K Gal.Avarage
UA_______(not stolen) 361,765 Cr___330K Gal.Avarage
Main change is the increase since the Galnet post and that they now again have different prices at different blackmarkets.
Lowest (as usual) @ FoundersWorld. And now you can sell direct to "The Dark Wheel" faction if you find the right surface place ...

Last edited:
Hehe, nice attempt though. No it never leads you to that article or myth. And you didn't narrow down the search.
Now give me the key, I'll got some tea & biscuits for you. we got plenty from Merope 3 C last night.
PS: Lurker is a Canonneer, with a special mission to find clues for us. There's a bit of trust within the group when we dig up old dirty notes, until we can reference it properly.

Trust is a bi-directional thing bud!! I don't appreciate being accused of lying or trolling.

ggl.png

Regardless of Lurker's credentials, I'd still like to know the context of the Log Entry.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom