UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just a stupid theory , where is the main structure of the barnacles pointing at , maybe someone should investigate that

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Just a stupid theory , where is the main structure of the barnacles pointing at , maybe someone should investigate that

The Antares? Not so much. SS1 though, I very much care about. I plan to take what we learned about the Antares and extrapolate possible locations of wreckage for SS1
You don't even know where the ship exploded and besides we don't know what kind of ship ss1 was so I think we still need more clues and then start the investigation , I do feel very sad about the Antares , would like to call it the space titanic

Well, updated to the latest software this evening & barnacle spawning seems to be sorted, shame about the BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT that I'm now getting. 5 crashes tonight.

This is very interesting. Does anyone have more aerial images (like the above) which also show which two spikes have flowers? Is it always the same two spikes (accounting for rotation of the overall pattern)?

After visiting a few, I believe it's always the same two, yes.

The only variance I see in the spikes is in elevation if the Barnacle is located on bumpy ground.

After visiting a few, I believe it's always the same two, yes.

The only variance I see in the spikes is in elevation if the Barnacle is located on bumpy ground.
By this do you mean that the spikes always have the same altitude in relation to the center, so if the ground rises, the spikes may appear "shorter"? This would make sense if the entire formation is one 3D model, which would also cause it to always have exactly the same positioning of spikes.

Or, do you mean that the spikes always have the same height off the ground, so if the ground slopes, then the spikes may be higher or lower in relation to the center? This would suggest that the core and each spike are separate 3D models which can be positioned dynamically in order to account for elevation, and may also therefore have different arrangements in some cases.

By this do you mean that the spikes always have the same altitude in relation to the center, so if the ground rises, the spikes may appear "shorter"? This would make sense if the entire formation is one 3D model, which would also cause it to always have exactly the same positioning of spikes.

Or, do you mean that the spikes always have the same height off the ground, so if the ground slopes, then the spikes may be higher or lower in relation to the center? This would suggest that the core and each spike are separate 3D models which can be positioned dynamically in order to account for elevation, and may also therefore have different arrangements in some cases.

I see where you're going with this../

The spikes are raised and lowered independently according to ground elevation; however, when they are, they're still in the same location on the ground 'plane' relative to each other and the central Barnacle.

You're right: in theory it means the game is free to relocate each individual element of the Barnacle site. In practise I don't think anyone has observed this being done. I certainly haven't. So while they probably can position them dynamically on the X and Z plane - but I don't think they do ;)

I just found a Barnacle i cant match to the ones i took a picture of before. Late, tired and sliightly wasted, maybe anyone sees some pattern i just can't spot?
bexppic3.jpgbecpic2.jpgbexpic1.jpg
The last 2 are from Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 (1 and 2) and the first is from Pleione 11A (all exact coords visible in the screenies). Going to see if it's a system specific thing - maybe those in pleiade all show the same pattern, but different from those in jc-u. To tired now though, maybe someone want's to go ahead and find out if there's anything to it, otherwise i'll follow up tomorrow after work.
Fly safe Cmdrs and for %§$ sake make sure that cockpit fridge never let's your beer go cold.

Last edited:
From eyeballing them briefly, they look like the same layout to me, just rotated. There are two off by themselves that you can use as an orientation reference; they're on the bottom in your new (Pleione 11A) image, and on the right in the other two.

Any chance of getting a similar image with the fruit-bearing spikes marked?

Hey guys, look someone found a tea factory. Should we tell him ? XD

Edit : Yeah, it's just a pretty common POI ;)

Edit : So, anyone knows if "salvageable wreckage" are supposed to be fixed ? Because there are two fixed salvageable wreckage in Luyten 205.. is there a connection with the highliner crash from the galnet's article?

I found one of those too :p

I'm assuming the fixed wreckage is just leftovers from the original CG to collect wreckage components.
It could be worth checking out Wise 0855-0714, Talta, Epsilon Indi, Alpha Centauri, Luhman 16, Rigga and Wise 1639-6847 to see if their salvage sites are still fixed to confirm it.

I just found a Barnacle i cant match to the ones i took a picture of before. Late, tired and sliightly wasted, maybe anyone sees some pattern i just can't spot?
View attachment 98553View attachment 98554View attachment 98555
The last 2 are from Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 (1 and 2) and the first is from Pleione 11A (all exact coords visible in the screenies). Going to see if it's a system specific thing - maybe those in pleiade all show the same pattern, but different from those in jc-u. To tired now though, maybe someone want's to go ahead and find out if there's anything to it, otherwise i'll follow up tomorrow after work.
Fly safe Cmdrs and for %§$ sake make sure that cockpit fridge never let's your beer go cold.

I just rotated your first one in gimp and added some lines (new install and can't remember the line tool so I used the mouse)
edited.jpg

So... nobody cares about the Antares ?

Oh but yeay,another announcement about its fate,all the same but one thing not changed ,they specified one system confirmed wreckage out of iirc 7/8 CG possibilities.
One Big distraction is the antares itself,SS1 likened to it but that happened recently, we don't ask about or search for that.

Newer tech same problems unlikely, better tech new problems with SS1, gets my vote

Not had time to pursue ifs it's a clue or another smokescreen,other tasks at hand but something I intend to research more into that system and known antares locations.conflicts with older antares research I have done

Last edited:
Remember the symbol on the alien structure? Some mentioned it looks like barnard's loop and so i thought: Maybe that is how barnard's loop looks like from their origin system?
So i went searching for a region in space from where barnard's loop looks more or less like that and maybe i found something, or maybe nothing at all.
Here is a picture i took of barnard's loop while in the vela dark region. It should look more than a little familiar.
Screenshot_0032.jpgScreenshot_0030.jpg
I did go for a drive on the planets and moons in the area but could not find anything.
If this is not some coincidence or a red haring, than it kind of makes sense since the regor sector is just nearby.

Has anyone found the Antares Wreck Site ?

View attachment 98553View attachment 98554View attachment 98555

Awesome ! Still kicking this around as well... Good to see this. One of the reasons I am thinking the Symbol is not a Proper Name (specific nebula) is that there are three on the Barnacle ... Im thinking if it is a Symbol ... its more general ... maybe a way of aligning the map ...

Remember the symbol on the alien structure? Some mentioned it looks like barnard's loop and so i thought: Maybe that is how barnard's loop looks like from their origin system?
So i went searching for a region in space from where barnard's loop looks more or less like that and maybe i found something, or maybe nothing at all.
Here is a picture i took of barnard's loop while in the vela dark region. It should look more than a little familiar.
View attachment 98562View attachment 98563
I did go for a drive on the planets and moons in the area but could not find anything.
If this is not some coincidence or a red haring, than it kind of makes sense since the regor sector is just nearby.

Had a similar thought while I am out visiting Barnard's Loop. Up close, the nebula are giant clouds stretching to the horizon. Nothing resembling the icon, so why would anyone choose it? (and frankly Barnard's Loop is too far away from the nearest station to be a practical.)

If you were an Alien and looked up at the night sky from your home world and Barnard's Loop and two other stellar objects lording over you; you might adopt the image as your own.

Anyway, great find one way or the other.... :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom