UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I still have that gut feeling the unknown probe is in deep space somewhere in Merope...

Just catching up with the thread.

The "unknown probe" - is it 'known' if there is just one, or might there be multiple instances?

PS, I checked the first page, so apologies if this is common knowledge. If it's knowledge at all! Please no known/unknown vs. known/knowns. Or combinations thereof ;)

The "unknown probe" - is it 'known' if there is just one, or might there be multiple instances?

PS, I checked the first page, so apologies if this is common knowledge. If it's knowledge at all! Please no known/unknown vs. known/knowns. Or combinations thereof ;)

The only thing we know about the unknown probes is that we don't know anything about the unknown probes. Actually, that's not true. We do know that they aren't the same as unknown artefacts because MB confirmed they weren't the same.

Just going back to a comment either last page or before: we can now carry UAs without worrying about corrosion...

Anyone doing that?

And then: anyone with a hefty, engineer-boosted, and jumponium-enhanced jump range tried it?

Not saying 'misjump' but, well: misjump?

Thanks LZ, that was exactly what I was asking last page or before. I'm still grinding for those fu***** 25 Qwent's Modular Terminals at the moment... :D

And:
it is known that the unknown is known to whoever knows it.

Last edited:
Just going back to a comment either last page or before: we can now carry UAs without worrying about corrosion...

Anyone doing that?

And then: anyone with a hefty, engineer-boosted, and jumponium-enhanced jump range tried it?

This is what I mean and I've been saying it since Jaques went missing. It's basically giving it away - we need to trigger a misjump mirroring how Jaques did it. The UAs are a kind of key that, when jumping far enough, allows you to bore into witch space (or something of that nature).

Edit: And now that I think about it, the key opens a door - the door is in Merope. UP's and the rumored "scout" ships spawn in there.

Last edited:
The only thing we know about the unknown probes is that we don't know anything about the unknown probes. Actually, that's not true. We do know that they aren't the same as unknown artefacts because MB confirmed they weren't the same.

You said "they", so that implies plural. Good enough for me!

No one knows - this is where we're stuck. How to find this unknown probe and where.

This is what I mean and I've been saying it since Jaques went missing. It's basically giving it away - we need to trigger a misjump mirroring how Jaques did it. The UAs are a kind of key that, when jumping far enough, allows you to bore into witch space (or something of that nature).

Edit: And now that I think about it, the key opens a door - the door is in Merope. UP's and the rumored "scout" ships spawn in there.

I cant say anything to revealing because of forum rules but those "Scout" ships are a thing... but on planets... not sure how we would go about finding one.

Anyone doing that?

Yes, I went to survey several areas with two UA-s in a resistant cargo rack, and now that you mention it, my Clipper did have a modded FSD. I didn't try jump spells though.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened: however, having two very valuable pieces of cargo aboard increased my chances of getting interdicted by a lot, even some hundreds of lightyears from the bubble. So I very much recommend being prepared for combat if you do the same.

But I bellive we should focus on finding the unknown probe. Since MB said everything is in place for the next part. So we just got to find it.

I cant say anything to revealing because of forum rules but those "Scout" ships are a thing... but on planets... not sure how we would go about finding one.

Maybe the planet it's on is in witch-space. Or perhaps witch-space or whatever it is, is considered a "planet" to further hide it. I'm still REALLY far away from a level 5 FSD and corrosion-resistant racks otherwise I'd be trying this right now....

Maybe the planet it's on is in witch-space. Or perhaps witch-space or whatever it is, is considered a "planet" to further hide it. I'm still REALLY far away from a level 5 FSD and corrosion-resistant racks otherwise I'd be trying this right now....

how do you get those racks?

Yes, I went to survey several areas with two UA-s in a resistant cargo rack, and now that you mention it, my Clipper did have a modded FSD. I didn't try jump spells though.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened: however, having two very valuable pieces of cargo aboard increased my chances of getting interdicted by a lot, even some hundreds of lightyears from the bubble. So I very much recommend being prepared for combat if you do the same.

How modded? I'm thinking it has to be an Asp or something else that can exceed 100+ LY in a jump.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

how do you get those racks?

Palin - I think travelling 5000 LY from the bubble will get you an invite from him.

You know speaking of scouts...Maybe thats what the Capital ship is meant to point out 1. a barnie 2. were "Scouting" the area in a hint for us to look around

You know speaking of scouts...Maybe thats what the Capital ship is meant to point out 1. a barnie 2. were "Scouting" the area in a hint for us to look around

Maybe? ill refuel at Maia and repair. See whats going down around there. Hey did they fix the crashes with the capital ship?

Maybe, and this is a good idea although the amount of CMDRs there playing around you'd think someone would've found something by now. Personally, I think something else is going to happen with the cap ship... it's a set-piece at the moment, but I have a feeling that the barnie is going to retaliate and well.... boom goes the cap ship.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Maybe? ill refuel at Maia and repair. See whats going down around there. Hey did they fix the crashes with the capital ship?

Yeah it was in the patch notes this morning

I'm pretty sure FD are pulling their hair trying to show us that we need to jump far with UAs.

- Addition of Jumponium
- Engineers with FSD upgrades and Safe Holds for UAs
- All the instances and storys around new FSD technologies, misjumps...

Seriously Michael Brooks must be in tears right now...

I mean like If the scouts are a planet POI and something is happening a capital ship is pretty big well hint....Its possible its around that area but then it might just be there to point out the feds are getting wind of something

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom