UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There have alway been npc floating around stations doing nothing. One time I've seen at least 20 steady ships outside OO. And that was happening so many time ago.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Take it easy Ayal! Your effort has always been appreciated!

And it's a game... ;)
Oh I can see that ...

Interesting! Why don't you raise a bug report for this & provide FD the link to your video? Their response might be informative.

Hmm, never even thought of that, thanks for pointing it out. On one hand it would help dismissing the appearances as bug (if indeed the case), on the other it may break the 4th wall a bit too much by providing information that others might want to find out about themselves. I'm ok with both, so, in case nobody objects i'll file a bug report tonight.

Last edited:
I wonder if "outcrops" can also tell us the same story of a planets make up. Meaning every planet would have a unique material composition.
This could mean that not only are we looking for "rocky" or "high metal content" worlds, but "high metal content with concentrations of: niobium X%, yttrium X%, vanadium X%" and so on.

This chart could point us in the direction of a clue we're missing. It is very important. I wish I could find it on the front page, would be handy when I need FSD materials ;)

I don't know about any super crater but it certainly felt like the outcrops on each planet were giving the same (although more common) materials as the barnacles in the area.
Make sure to do at least three passes on barnacle spikes to catch all of the rarer materials for your analysis.

Iron, Nickel, Manganese, Sulphur, Phosphorus and Carbon seem to be the "default" materials dropped as I got mixtures of those from basically everything I was shooting at on the surface.
As well as these common ones, Merope 5C barnacles also gave me Arsenic, Tungsten, Germanium, Mercury and Yttrium.
Pleiades Sector JC-U B3-2 planet 1 (I think) barnacles prefer Molybdenum, Chromium, Vanadium, Niobium and Antimony.

Although I believe that each barnacle (and probably each planet, super-crater nonwithstanding) has a fixed set of materials to choose from, I have a feeling that the distribution rates of which material thrown out may be random number assisted, with probability weights added based on rarity.
In other words, one may get a single bit of Antimony after destroying all the spikes this time and maybe one or two niobium next time but don't be expecting fifty Yttrium from one spike-shooting drive-by.

All the evidence I have seen so far says that the barnicles just have the same materials as the planet, following the 321 rule as all other planets (pretty much all, there is one in Sol that breaks the rule AFAIK).
A Crashed Conda may have different materials in the hold, I would not consider that to be abnormal behaviour.
If any Barney can be confirmed to drop things that are NOT in the planets normal 321 set, then that would be quite significant. The significance is unknown, but worthy of insertion into any theory.

ALL the info you need regarding materials and their distribution on planets is covered in this thread...
Prospecting Central - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=228645

It's pretty much a given that the Barnacles are only concentrating what materials exist on that planet. I got Arsenic and Germanium from the spikes of the one I visited last night, same as from meteorites and outcrops on the same planet.

Hmm, never even thought of that, thanks for pointing it out. On one hand it would help dismissing the appearances as bug (if indeed the case), on the other it may break the 4th wall a bit too much by providing information that others might want to find out about themselves. I'm ok with both, so, in case nobody objects i'll file a bug report tonight.

Great capture CMDR!
Can you please give your sensor type in your ASP at record time? Only "D" or was an "A" rated sensor?
Thanks!

Anyone else worried Palin is going to have a accident during his trip to Maia, another malfunctioning FTL drive or some pirates. Galnet seem to be very clean in advertising he carrying
containing a wealth of valuable research material

Anyone else worried Palin is going to have a accident during his trip to Maia, another malfunctioning FTL drive or some pirates. Galnet seem to be very clean in advertising he carrying

Do Devs have to use an update to insert a new base on a planet ? if so then no update is due until 2.1 beta. i therefore presume a galnet article will come out saying palin has vanished.

Anybody been down to see if palin has moved into his new base on B1Ba yet ?

1530gmt
I'm currently sitting on B1Ba. I brought whiskey, tea, coffee and various biscuits and cakes as small welcome. So far no-one showed up to claim the stuff. If they take much longer there won't be much left except for a slightly drunk welcoming committee. Also, my podcast is running out. Mind, it's also not raining research convoy debris, so i take it as a good sign.

Last edited:
the barnacles didn't work and had to be bugfixed.
this base doesn't work needs a bugfix
anything else we should know about?

Sir Michael, so very nice too hear from you, i believe i can speak for this thread and say where have you been lately ? We have missed you.
As you are here today, could i ask you a question please? the answer is puzzling me.

Somebody mentioned in an earlier post that they were surprised the community found the Barnacle at Merope 5C before other sites. My thought from this would be that we were supposed to find the crashed Anaconda on Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 (20.87),(91.70) first,then the barnacle a few kilometres away.

So my question is why do the UA's point us to Merope, should they have been pointing to Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 ?

Last edited:
Mr Brookes or can i call you sir ?

As you are here today, could i ask you a question please? the answer is puzzling me.

Somebody mentioned in an earlier post that they were surprised the community found the Barnacle at Merope 5C before other sites. My thought from this would be that we were supposed to find the crashed Anaconda on Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 (20.87),(91.70) first,then the barnacle a few kilometres away.

So my question is why do the UA's point us to Merope, should they have been pointing to Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom