UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My PB is 26, before canopy blowouts became a thing. I *could* top that, but it would be a huge effort, esp since spawn rates are down since 2.1.

yep, the problem is not just holding 50, is holding 49 while in SC waiting for the last to spawn..

yep, the problem is not just holding 50, is holding 49 while in SC waiting for the last to spawn..
Oh yeah. Your ship internals are literally soup with that many, even if you constantly pop in to Arietis 49 for repairs.

Have like a crap ton of repair thingies.

It's not that simple. 25 UAs are already ripping holes in your FSD and Powerplant,,, no amount of AMFUs can keep up with the smashing your internals are getting.

Below 75% in either of these modules can cause spontaneous failure, which causes more damage. You can't repair PP/FSD/Thrusters without being in SC either, which cuts your search time also.

Last edited:
Ok so as some of you may know, I wish to grow barnacles. So far no luck, so I decided I need to go back to the drawing board and study the reproductive process of the barnacles themselves, rather than attempting to use unknown artifacts to plant one.

I endeavour to become the foremost researcher in barnacle mating and reproduction, here is what I think so far;

1 barnacle in a location if in seed will call out for a mate
2 barnacles in a location are mating (somehow...?)
3 barnacles in a location is parents and offspring (or love triangle? (what did he say triangle?))

We haven't seen many of the 3 barnacles yet or who knows if there could be bigger groups because some people keep shooting the seed pods and halting the reproductive cycle. This could be seriously harming these creatures, and may be the whole reason why they are so hard to find right now.

I know most people will laugh at me and believe me I do too haha (<see) but how about if we try maybe preserving a couple to observe what happens? Or even just could we all agree on one "protected" live barnacle for observation purposes?

Perhaps that's what the defenses are designed for in the first place to give everyone a hint to stop destroying and start observing...?

Not everything, but certainly the next part is there.

Michael

That's very good to know, thanks for saying it!

Does anyone here ever equipped one of those nice prof. Palin's UA resistant racks? As I said few days ago, I really think that carrying even a single UA somewhere very far away is somehow related to this "next part"...

P.S. I'm still grinding for Qwent right now... veeeery slowly....

Last edited:
Has anyone tried jumping with 50+ UAs in there cargo hold?
You'd probably need to set it up.
Have a bunch of people deliver them to one person then have them make the jump.

Problems:
-We use different jump drives to the stations.
-I believe our travel time is substantially faster. So a UA could potentially damage Jacques station during the jump.

...I just had a wonderful idea, since I'm pretty sure he admitted delivering 200 UA's somewhere:
Who thinks Jmanis should have a reoccurring and/or massive bounty everywhere for the damage inflicted to Jacques station until fixes/finds it.

Or just
"Requesting docking permission"
"Ahhh... No, that won't be happening...ever".

-We use different jump drives to the stations.

It's been said several times that the technology behind our jumps, cap ship jumps, and station jumps are the same. The only reason why cap ship jumps look different is because of how massive they are.

All in all, we're on to something. One would think there should be a reason why UA resistant cargo racks are in game, apart from just being able to carry them around. I think my previous theory still holds water - we have to jump as far as possible with a UA in the cargo hold which would require a fully modified FSD and maybe some jumponium for the extra push. Unfortunately I'm no where near a level 5 FSD.

...I just had a wonderful idea, since I'm pretty sure he admitted delivering 200 UA's somewhere:
Who thinks Jmanis should have a reoccurring and/or massive bounty everywhere for the damage inflicted to Jacques station until fixes/finds it.

I still stick by my original claim: I never intended any harm to Jaques ;)

Since this thread is coming to a close very soon. Im gonna give me goals for this alien race that were tracking down. Step 1. Be friends with them. Gain there trust. Buy one of there awesome super ships. Step 2: TAKE ON THE UNIVERSE!

Just Putting an Theory Out there.

The Picture on the Barnacles. What if its not supposed to have an Direct Meaning as an Picture.
But is basicly Giving us a Hint were to Seek.

What if the Picture is what we See when we were where the Next Hint is Hidden.

If you think of it like that.
And Check for Places from where the Picture you See is Resembling the Picture on the Barnacles.

You End up right in the Unknown Permit Systems in Col 70.
Maybe we should Focus on this Area.

And there is one more Oddity.
TRAPEZIUM Sector AF-Z 05

Right next to this Star. There is 2 Other Stars which however cannot be Selected.
This is also Suspicious.

And something is not right currently.
I am constantly getting Disconnected saying it could not Connect to Matchmaking Server......

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom