UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok, the tidal locking to Merope 5 isn't exact.
Probably because of the axial tilt.

Today I have Merope 5 almost exactly overhead at coordinates -7.5, -117.5.

My expectation is that during its 6.6 day orbit the overhead point will change.
Latitude will vary between -15.78 and +15.78.
Not quite sure what will hapen with the longitude.

I'm coming around to the idea that there is something hidden in the audio that people claim has a voice in it. I'm not sold on it being a voice or that it is SPEAKING but it is a strange bit of audio.

You do realize that game is done by people for the people ?
You do realize that last time we got morse code ? (since when do aliens know morse code ? since when they know alphabet that is used in our languages ?)

I think people are projecting what they want it to be.

We all would love to see this to be really complex and awesome, but i highly doubt it will be.
Our imagination will always be better.

Remember we are looking at man made mystery. And the guys who made it are game devs not mathematicians nor astrophysicists. They might be good in it but they arent. Some of you might be lot more skilled to solve such mysteries then them.
And this is game for lot of different kinds of people. (they will most likely use something that can be figured out by somewhat ordinary person.... just from the business standpoint)
;-)

that's what I've been saying all along. there are no aliens. its software engineers who probably saw the movie "Contact" that are giving us what they think aliens would do.

I think this "research" has, for the most part devolved into reading tea leaves and inkblots. stil fun to play though.

its like putting a phrase into Google Translate and having it translate into 5 different languages and then back into your language and calling it science.

hopefully the aliens won't look like our parents.

Last edited:
I don't think so. The axial tilt gives the shift in elevation. Like sumer and winter on Earth,

Axial tilt is the relationship between Merope 5c's axis and its orbital plane around Merope 5.
Periapsis is measured using a relationship between the two orbital planes isn't it?

The axis isn't going to work in the same way as Earth because of the tidal locking.

Last edited:
I've got a theory that the missing found something in Pleades and left the barnacles behind... the stamp on it is not where they came from - it was where they were going (the loop).

That is why COl70 is so locked down we'll see that the population of humans out there will be massive and as advanced as us but different.

I have a feeling we'll be arriving just when the thargoids get involved and we'll need to help defend them or they'll help us.. either way - new superpowers will be introduced.

Kerrash mentioned "I like to singa". There is a system "SINGA". 240 from Shinrarta. Been there for 10 minutes, nothing so far. If anyone may be able to continue to look there over night... or so...

Maybe add ".jpg" ?
It already has it. Oh well, no matter.

HERE;

Just about to go and meet the first engineer and noticed one of the modules at her base looks like this;

https://s31.postimg.org/5m0mc6grf/Base.jpg

The only thing worth noting is that this is the engineer that leads to PALIN eventually.
I have no idea if this is unique or not but it is sure as hell the only object in game that bares a resemblance to our UP image.

Are UPs UAs that have been modified by engineers?

Last edited:
one of the Elite books mentions the missing developed a game plan for terraforming planets. The ship would land and its computer would seend out hundreds of probes across the planet, into the skies, seas and into the ground. Maybe the Barnacles, the artifacts and the probes are all releated to some terraforming experiment that went wrong for these people.

Good luck with that :)

(written before the other more recent MB post)

MB did pop in earlier- god knows how he reads this thread, I'm convinced he has minions which do it for him, or that he has a prototype neural link interface which allows him to browse the forum at the database level while stirring his tea/coffee...

I'm gonna say coffee - I think he's a coffee man. Seriously dark, hard, gravelly Varatian coffee like that which kept the mining crews going during the Canonn CG to build the Canonn Institute.

I reckon he takes 2 sugars, too. Not sweeteners - because they're not authentic enough.

Sugar refined from the tears of unicorns.

Oh, but no milk: "black as hell" I think is how Brookes rolls.

Anyway, yeah: good luck with that :)

Still 200ish pages late and still catching up but out of rep so here's a virtual one, this post is gold :p

Specially the edit reason :p

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It already has it. Oh well, no matter.

I have no idea if this is unique or not but it is sure as hell the only object in game that bares a resemblance to our UP image.

As I said, you can't upload images anymore.

You mean a Bidome..? The ones we have on Earth, look the same ;)

As I said, you can't upload images anymore.

You mean a Bidome..? The ones we have on Earth, look the same ;)

I know what they are, I just thought it was interesting that this one looked exactly like part of the image we have and belongs to somebody with links to Palin.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom