UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed how the chevron-looking pictogram on the left resembles a rank decal? The pictogram below it with the arcs looks kind of like waves emitting from say a discovery scanner. What are the exploration ranks of the people honking the probes and posting the results? Have any of the recordings come from the highest ranks, or at least higher than the number of chevrons represented? (I'm guessing Starblazer?)

Wow.. Thanks!!!

And, wow at the result..

I've always taken the barnacle glyph to be the LMC tbh, or whatever that huge extra-galactic cloud of stuff is supposed to be that you can see from almost everywhere in our galaxy. Particulalry when I saw it from the dark side of Merope, is the general opinion now that it's the Loop?

Base 8 number system?

Yes it is base 8

2 x 2 x 2 = 8

Also i can point that there are 4 simbols there, wich can be used to organize them using the sphere? maybe some math can be done to see if we can get those togheter?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

lets say :

r = --|

1/4 of the circunference = -|-

1/8? of the circunference = |--

and the last symbol i have no        g idea

Hahaha Robert... There's a reason I started out to Jaques' recently. I reached the same conclusion... "This is bad... really bad."

Hello all

You're rapidly racing towards the 10,000 post mark here, which means a new thread.

Who is best placed to have the First Post (which is editable)?

Yeah - I'd say Pat again, with Riz - if he's up for it - going for the second again.

Title the same - but 'Thread 8'

I think Riz is AFK mainly at the moment, though - so might be an idea to copy his current 2nd post and let him be its author so he can keep it up to date?

Base 8 number system?

Han_Zen's postulated octal already - definitely possible.

Since the notation is soooo similar to Voyager's disc, though, it's really just binary isn't it?

That's... spooky.

Base 8 number system?

8 definitely has an central function in the Thargoid world.

latest

Hey guys,lets think about it if it is base 8 and they are giving a PI formula as a "basic" test of kwnolegde maybe this is suposed to be like 1+1 = 2 thing so what we need is to find a way that:
r

0.25C= 2*pi * r

0.083C = 2*pi * r

are ALL integer numbers

Last edited:
The problem with the whole Thargoid thing is that many of us are all thinking they'll be hostile, but these UAs and UPs would be appear to be a definite attempt to communicate in a way that we're meant to *understand* with a view to making contact.

That's not something you do if you're inherently hostile.

Although, that said - while the human race sent Voyager out there - I'm sure if the LGMs turned up there'll be a few people with fingers on triggers ready to blow them up.

Last edited:
Yes it is base 8

2 x 2 x 2 = 8

Also i can point that there are 4 simbols there, wich can be used to organize them using the sphere? maybe some math can be done to see if we can get those togheter?

lets say :

r = --|

1/4 of the circunference = -|-

1/8? of the circunference = |--

and the last symbol i have no        g idea

The line in the lower right Quadrant may indicate a 45 degree angle which is 1/8th of a full circle.

The 2 lines in the lower left appear to be 30 degrees acute and 330 obtuse. 30 degrees is 1/12th of a circle. The UA has 12 canisters/fragments

Ive spent all day getting over to Obsidian Orbital. wow 949 ships passed through this space in the last 24 hrs.
I may see some of you out in the black.
Good luck on working out that transmission. there was a game called Koronis Rift
you had to get parts of keys from salvaging crashed spacecraft on planets. then crack the graphical codes in keys
by mirroring them or flipping them.

Can someone point me in the direction of any collection of what we know about the UPs right now? I'd like to provide assistance, but don't know where to start. I used to track it with the UAs, haven't in a long time. Thanks :)

The problem with the whole Thargoid thing is that many of us are all thinking they'll be hostile, but these UAs and UPs would be appear to be a definite attempt to communicate in a way that we're meant to *understand* with a view to making contact.

That's not something you do if you're inherently hostile.

Although, that said - while the human race sent Voyager out there - I'm sure if the LMGs turned up there'll be a few people with fingers on triggers ready to blow them up.

It makes sense that the Thargoids have a more pro-war aspect to their society like we do. However, I bet that whatever race the UA/Ps belong to, we are dealing with their version of 'Canonn'. I for one currently have no offensive weapons on my ship.

OK, I'll just post this here as a teaser. It's been a long day of coding to get this far.

It's clean and from the source as I think Frontier intended it to be extracted. This is part of the image extracted from the UP sound by using signal processing techniques rather than audio post-processing. I still have the left and right to go, but most of the work is now done.

http://i.imgur.com/IDYOgMz.jpg

I've implemented the analysis on my earlier post: #2 - Looking for structure in the signal

And here's a larger image (there's no extra information content).

So you are saying there is a drawing on the button and the little man on the left is the key to building the picture?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom