UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried graphing out the positions of the Barnacles on 5C? I have only found 3 sites thus far. But I have notices a few characteristics about the locations of the structures.

1.) They are in low altitude areas
2.) They are south of 5c's equator
3.) They are in a line.

http://imgur.com/gallery/BB8YU

Not the best snip I have done but those are my laymans observations so far.

The two Northern most Barnacles have capital ships hovering above. The southernmost site is secluded.

Probably not important, but I thought I would throw that out there.

There's another barnacle at 8.3379, -96.1337

Don't get me wrong, Gypsy, I think you are working super hard to figure this out and I do appreciate it. I think it's all super cool.

Just maybe you've been staring at the image a little too long today? ;)

Agreed. I wholeheartedly agree with looking at the temporally varying, full spectrum bands that appear to be laid on top of the pictographic image. That took non-zero effort just to make some lines. Presumably they convey information so delving into their spacing, timing and meaning absolutely has merit (UPC code, spectral indexes of stars, golden ratio (looked at that, doesn't pan out), ???) but this current venture just re-arranges the deck chairs. It doesn't clean up the image and doesn't really express meaning.

I'm astonished by the result, the legs, arm and bow line up practically perfect.
If I weren't on vacation right now I would race towards Rigel, Saiph and Bellatrix right now.

This image is what makes to most sense to me so far from all theories brought up here.
With this image the signal functions as a key opening a map.

I dunno how you came up with this brilliant idea but if it turns out to be what we're looking for then you're just that, brilliant!

Cheers fellow countryman.

Well, i am in Barnads loop now.. near VVOrionis. I was checking the Orion Nebula and was wondering what stars were in Orions beld.. So i looked it up.. Then i saw those 2 legs. Got all warm inside.

I checked where Orions beld stars were located and they all are located on the border of the Col70 sector.. Coincidence? So i tryed to overlay the constalation with the UP picture, but my PS skills are not what they were anymore..

When i saw this picture, i was like... damn... i think im on to something.. :D

I still think my theory looks sound... but noone gave a bat about it lol

Yeah same with my attempt to undo the barrel distortion a few pages back. I guess it's because neither of us drew any actual conclusions and just left it hanging out there.

I am literally at the stage where I'm using a lenslok copy protection emulator to scan the frickin spectrogram, because Elite on the speccy famously used lenslok and this thing kinda looks like a lens. Madness. It's time for bed.

Has anyone tried graphing out the positions of the Barnacles on 5C? I have only found 3 sites thus far. But I have notices a few characteristics about the locations of the structures.

3.) They are in a line.

The two Northern most Barnacles have capital ships hovering above. The southernmost site is secluded.

Good idea

Add these to your plot if not already on

-26.3515 -156.4056
8.3379 -96.1337
-28.245 -109.5219
-28.77 -114.01

Last edited:
Earth symbol in encoded image?

Google "earth symbol" and look at the symbol. I'm new to the forums and not sure how to attach a pic. The image looks like earth symbol with two legs and a helmet/shield. And compass type thing pointing at 135 degrees southwest. I may be off base but it is interesting to think of aliens giving us an earth symbol.

Yeah same with my attempt to undo the barrel distortion a few pages back. I guess it's because neither of us drew any actual conclusions and just left it hanging out there.

I am literally at the stage where I'm using a lenslok copy protection emulator to scan the frickin spectrogram, because Elite on the speccy famously used lenslok and this thing kinda looks like a lens. Madness. It's time for bed.

Nice! I need to know the angle on the lower left part , do you have it?

If that were true, I'm not sure if I'd giggle like a small boy playing Elite on the speccie for the first time or be cursing FDev. Probably both.

CMDR Opikanoba here,
I'm on MEROPE 5 C at the moment and I found a barnacle but I have no idea if it had already been discovered.
Coords. : -28.2301 / -109.5148
FNS EREBUS is stationed here.
Can someone please tell me where I can find a list of every barnacles on Merope ? Thanks !

3.) They are in a line.

Thank you!

That is excellent and what I have been trying to get myself. I had been guessing the barnacles' seeds were ejected from the alleged crash, so it is logical they would have appeared near the site itself. I already had established coordinates in that vicinity as a potential search area, based on the UP image info.

You have just confirmed my theory! :cool:

Mapping all the barnacles does sound like a worthwhile endeavour. There may be something in their layout, or in the position of one specific barnacle that will chime with the image.

Someone made a 3d map in unity and you could easily access it. Unfortunately I forgot the url. Maybe someone will post it here. BTW, I went to that barnacle using that map.

I see a lock and a key.... Well, a place for a key.
Well, a place for a key, and an and sign (multiplication sign, or dot product sign, whatever), and then a shaded in lock.

So what, are you telling us that Merope 5C, somewhere below the equator, at a bearing of 270<x<360 degrees, and the audio of the probe itself is the key? And you have to get the probe to honk at a specific location on Merope 5C?
I think we already knew that... At least I did...

Last edited:
Perhaps we are looking at the wrong definition of 'Key'.

Perhaps it is a map key. Like we would see for the map of one of our cities. Or a key for a cryptograph.

I measure it around 48.5 degrees, but the image is fuzzy. Some people are saying it's 50.

bottom right radial line is definitely 50 clockwise from right hand part of the y=0 axis. Although, technically speaking I think we should read it as 310 degrees, because I think the natural way to read angles is CCW (well, at least based on our trug functions).

Or it could be a halibut.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom