UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That picture doesn't look like a planet but more like a sonar/radar scan. I personally think it would make more sense from a design perspective considering the unknown probe produce sounds/waves. Focus on order of magnitude relative to the sphere of merope with latitude and longitude xx* xx* xx* kind of the same concept with the RGB theory.

Fotolia_29717022_Subscription_XXL.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, think about it, this is a foreing alien they know almost nothing about us, maybe not even share the same concepts of pad lock and key.... if this is a first contact message, then they should try to give us something that we can work with to help "learn" their language, and the only thing that is "universal"(that we are aware of) is mathematical concepts like Pi. So the're is no point in giving us a pad to look for...

Hi all,

I've heard unconfirmed reports that theres a morse code signal embedded in the UP event. has anyone else come across this or can confirm?

bottom right radial line is definitely 50 clockwise from right hand part of the y=0 axis. Although, technically speaking I think we should read it as 310 degrees, because I think the natural way to read angles is CCW (well, at least based on our trug functions).

Or it could be a halibut.

Zoltan can you comfirm that the lower left area is 30° ?

Added the new one, which throws off my theory but nonetheless important.

Give me more and I will plot them out. Send me private messages as well so they do not get lost in the thread. Thank you!

EDIT: New graph...
http://imgur.com/a/LTALD
Best fit a line on them and see where it points. A line on the map of a world is a curve in 3D space, keep that in mind. But yeah, might be a link between the radial line on the UP map and the barnacle orientation.

Also, yeah, I really think you're looking for a crashed ship, and the probe honk will activate it, or do something with it...

no its not just measured my screen and the value is EXACT 30

Every time somebody uses the word measured and exact in a sentence a kitten dies. Don't be a kitten killer. It may well be 30 degrees but it's not possible to differentiate 29.994 and 30.001 given the methodology. For instance for the other angle, we have 135 (90+45, eyeballed), 140 (measured), 138.5 (also measured), 137.51 (golden angle), 138.32 (argument of periapsis). All of which are plausible within the precision of the image.

There's some interesting points there. If we're supposed to measure the angle then the angle can't be used to describe an object more than a few hundred LY away. At the limits of measurement precision that starts to result in an error more than system separation (10 to 20 LY). In fact it pretty much ensures terrestrial. If we're supposed to derive it (e.g. 137.51 or 138.32) that has sufficient precision to then be used in a calculation to explicitly describe a line or distance accurate to thousands of LY.

Just my little bit of pedantic-ism.

Last edited:
Google "earth symbol" and look at the symbol. I'm new to the forums and not sure how to attach a pic. The image looks like earth symbol with two legs and a helmet/shield. And compass type thing pointing at 135 degrees southwest. I may be off base but it is interesting to think of aliens giving us an earth symbol.

I did this and got nowhere. I'm afraid you'll probably need to figure out how to link the symbol in question.

Agreed. I wholeheartedly agree with looking at the temporally varying, full spectrum bands that appear to be laid on top of the pictographic image. That took non-zero effort just to make some lines. Presumably they convey information so delving into their spacing, timing and meaning absolutely has merit (UPC code, spectral indexes of stars, golden ratio (looked at that, doesn't pan out), ???) but this current venture just re-arranges the deck chairs. It doesn't clean up the image and doesn't really express meaning.

Im only gonna say this once. So pay attention. Look how things line up. That's it. I have been given an actual sound file. Not a picture that might resemble something else, BUT AN ACTUAL STRUCTURED SOUNDFILE. I have not organised my thoughts around what others may imagine - because I am staying on topic. This is work for me (admittedly enjoyable!) but at the same time. It is work. And I keep my focus. The only thing that matters is what information I can extract. That is simply my job.
What I have given you, I have done to the best of my abilities. Yes. I do understand spectra of Stars. Because I did an advanced degree on it. My job here though - is simply to point out things I find relevant for the current situation. I find it nice to keep you informed, and that is that. Demand more... Do it yourself.

Guys, think about it, this is a foreing alien they know almost nothing about us, maybe not even share the same concepts of pad lock and key.... if this is a first contact message, then they should try to give us something that we can work with to help "learn" their language, and the only thing that is "universal"(that we are aware of) is mathematical concepts like Pi. So the're is no point in giving us a pad to look for...

This. Very much.

Every time somebody uses the word measured and exact in a sentence a kitten dies. Don't be a kitten killer. It may well be 30 degrees but it's not possible to differentiate 29.994 and 30.001 given the methodology. For instance for the other angle, we have 135 (90+35, eyeballed), 140 (measured), 138.5 (also measured), 137.51 (golden angle), 138.32 (argument of periapsis). All of which are plausible within the precision of the image.

There's some interesting points there. If we're supposed to measure the angle then the angle can't be used to describe an object more than a few hundred LY away. At the limits of measurement precision that starts to result in an error more than system separation (10 to 20 LY). In fact it pretty much ensures terrestrial. If we're supposed to derive it (e.g. 137.51 or 138.32) that has sufficient precision to then be used in a calculation to explicitly describe a line or distance accurate to thousands of LY.

Just my little bit of pedantic-ism.

LOL i promise not kill any more kittens , but the Uper left is 90? and the lower left are inside the two lines is 30?

no its not just measured my screen and the value is EXACT 30

Sorry, was measuring the lower right cos I am a dumbass. I make it 31.86, and yes I have made sure the circle is as perfectly circular as I can get it. There is some distortion, though. Perhaps it's introduced by audacity? The top left of the image seems to bulge slightly. See this image:

notcircular.jpg

The orange circle is perfectly circular, but the centre-point of the image is offset slightly down and to the left. Anyone else notice this or have I made a massive error somewhere?

Last edited:
LOL i promise not kill any more kittens , but the Uper left is 90? and the lower left are inside the two lines is 30?

That's the general assumption yes, the two lines appear to describe an angle of 30 degrees (0.524 radians) or 1/12 the circumference.

As I mentioned the other day in this post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ad-7-The-Canonn/page534?p=4262647#post4262647

I'm not 100% convinced that they're intended to describe an angle. I've looked at multiple audio files and after clean up the resulting image seems to show the lines as being different lengths with only one touching the circle. In addition the artifact to the lower right appears to repeat those differences but with them swapped. Coupled with the artifact to the upper right that could mean one denotes the rotational axis and the other denotes a point on the surface (the picture in the above link has numbered references to the image).

Im only gonna say this once. So pay attention. Look how things line up. That's it. I have been given an actual sound file. Not a picture that might resemble something else, BUT AN ACTUAL STRUCTURED SOUNDFILE. I have not organised my thoughts around what others may imagine - because I am staying on topic. This is work for me (admittedly enjoyable!) but at the same time. It is work. And I keep my focus. The only thing that matters is what information I can extract. That is simply my job.
What I have given you, I have done to the best of my abilities. Yes. I do understand spectra of Stars. Because I did an advanced degree on it. My job here though - is simply to point out things I find relevant for the current situation. I find it nice to keep you informed, and that is that. Demand more... Do it yourself.

The problem is as you've pointed out yourself, without an explanation of what you've done, and why (simple enough for us forumites :) ) it's hard to agree on your findings. I could argue my little man thingy that I 'saw' was a direction to shoot all the barnacles. Without an understanding of the reasoning with the data manipulation you have done we have no way of knowing if it's valid or not.

Regardless of the validity of it or if it's right or not, I don't care. I find it interesting regardless. Please, carry on.

That's the general assumption yes, the two lines appear to describe an angle of 30 degrees (0.524 radians) or 1/12 the circumference.

As I mentioned the other day in this post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ad-7-The-Canonn/page534?p=4262647#post4262647

I'm not 100% convinced that they're intended to describe an angle. I've looked at multiple audio files and after clean up the resulting image seems to show the lines as being different lengths with only one touching the circle. In addition the artifact to the lower right appears to repeat those differences but with them swapped. Coupled with the artifact to the upper right that could mean one denotes the rotational axis and the other denotes a point on the surface (the picture in the above link has numbered references to the image).

i see , what do you think about this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...7-The-Canonn?p=4269408&viewfull=1#post4269408

The barnacle site is not new.
-026.3496°
-156.4044°

The organic outcrop was in the mountains just above the site to the right approx 5km I'd estimate. Unfortunaly whilst uploading the screenshot VR compositor crashed out and bugged out controls. Had to log in again and it was gone.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom