UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Been doing a bit of research on the probe signal and fell on a site about Q Code system for aircraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_code

Here is my findings atm.

Using the map as a guide the q is the main code that is used

top left in morse is R
top right is W

in Q RW code is QRW Shall I inform ... that you are calling him on ... kHz (or MHz)? Please inform ... that I am calling him on ... kHz (or MHz).

The the bottom 2 are

Bot Right is D
Bot Left is U
in Q UD code QUD Have you received the urgency signal sent by ... (call sign of mobile station)? I have received the urgency signal sent by ... (call sign of mobile station) at ... hours.

on a rotating from top left clockwise

Dont know if that helps with and further research but its a point to go

The barnacle site is not new.
-026.3496°
-156.4044°

The organic outcrop was in the mountains just above the site to the right approx 5km I'd estimate. Unfortunaly whilst uploading the screenshot VR compositor crashed out and bugged out controls. Had to log in again and it was gone.

What did the wave scanner sound like?

Nope just observed.

Was it a 2 bar or 3 bar wave scan?

Also north meaning you were going 180 degrees from the site or 0 degrees (because their lat/long is messed up)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well one thing I did learn - barnacles sound like pop corn on the wave scanner from a really long distance.

Last edited:
And i need a overlay with the egg..

Orions belt stars are all on the border with the locked col70 sector.. and Orions bow got 4 stars in it all starting with Pi. Pi 1,2,3 and 4..

I know its far fetched, but not half as far as what some are trying to do here.. My photoshops skills are not good enough..

Actually, Epsilon Orionis is the star at the center of Orion's Belt, and it is currently very much reachable.

Was it a 2 bar or 3 bar wave scan?

Also north meaning you were going 180 degrees from the site or 0 degrees (because their lat/long is messed up)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well one thing I did learn - barnacles sound like pop corn on the wave scanner from a really long distance.

could the image from the UP be a guide to making a popcorn maker or some other advanced technology

I think getting our hands on more UPs is the key way forward though

Sorry, was measuring the lower right cos I am a dumbass. I make it 31.86, and yes I have made sure the circle is as perfectly circular as I can get it. There is some distortion, though. Perhaps it's introduced by audacity? The top left of the image seems to bulge slightly. See this image:

http://baxpace.com/forumimages/notcircular.jpg

The orange circle is perfectly circular, but the centre-point of the image is offset slightly down and to the left. Anyone else notice this or have I made a massive error somewhere?

I was already doing much what you've been doing, before I even saw your post.

I agree.
Making the "globe" as circular as I could in Audacity (repeated copy-pastes until it was "right"), I overlaid a protractor and noticed straight away the gridlines don't match up.
The centre of the gridlines is slightly off to the right and below "true centre".

protractedUP.jpg

I just want to be sure he saw an "organic outcrop" .. and wasn't high or something. Because I found the outcrop in the screen shot he showed that are regular outcrops.

After seeing that the Unknown Probe's respond to the Advanced Discovery Scanner, I am wondering if there may be some sneaky little code or sequence in the ADS.
In other words, if you press the ADS for a quick second, and release and press again it gives you different distinct notes. Is it possible this is a sequence of notes? Can we determine what notes these are and break them down to see if a pattern emerges?
See Video: https://youtu.be/Q-dJa0H4YMo
Your thoughts?
EDIT: It appears there are two notes for each scan, a beginning note and an end note, can we chart these like a piano score and see what comes up?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments
/4ufugv/hey_guys_help_me_out_im_going_crazy_here_is_there/

Last edited:
Does everyone know that the Discovery Scanner can be used to make tones if you press and release rather than charging, if you press multiple times you get different pitch tones.

Maybe we need to try and communicate with the UP in this way using some sort of tone pattern with the Discovery scanner rather than "full honks"?

Has this already been tried, i dont have access to a UP or a UA, i tried it at a barnacle with no reaction.

I am at those coords presently. I did nto see anything but standard outcrops. I will take a second pass before heading to the Big Crater and logging out for the night

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom