UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think the majority of people who were originally working on this have given up. Its now all people who can do stuff with sound etc.

I for one do not like the fact that they are making it into ARG when there is no IRL payoff. If only they added that spectrogram feature into HUD...

Alright. I will be first to ask... hint?

I think the majority of people who were originally working on this have given up. Its now all people who can do stuff with sound etc.

Some of us haven't given up. Even if Sound people are the only ones able to analyse the sound and imaging there are other ways the rest of us can contribute.
I'm available for flying around, checking coordinate suggestions and thinking about the clues given. I don't think as much of the answer to this is in the audio specifically as people think.

I think the audio only gave us the picture but now it's open to everyone.

I got a idea:

When i look at it we have picture with numbers.
Numbers can be order or can be test.
If we are smart enough, we understand such things like Pi

We too would send messages to space that can be decoded only by intelligence.
Knowing things like prime numbers, geometry and chemistry.

So lets say we need to do or look at something in correct order.
and !
What if it does not represent a land-able moon
What if it represents a star ! Or gas planet ! (now.... did you all seen 2010 Odyssey and its Jupiter scene) ?

Where does that leave us
step one = 3 - honk something perhaps with the probe or artefact or both?
step two = 1 - aim exactly in the center
step three = 4 - it will ignite (start changing)
step four = 2 - it will shine / change / become habitable / produce bananas

Greeting commanders, been following this topic for a few days since i reinstalled Elite. In the meantime I've been searching Merope but found nothing but a small shipwreck. I was wondering if the Binary Numbers around the outside of the image could be translated into some type of coordinates. You read across longitude and vertical for latitude. Maybe that gives you the starting point as opposed to 0,0? Maybe someone cam make something of this idea? Anyway keep up the good work, going to take a break for a few hours from the search

Don't know if anyone is interested or if this is known but there are pristine barnacles on mer 5c @ -28.7700 by -114.0173, just in case anyone want to trash them/visit them ;)

Is it just me or... do the right-hand and left-hand ends of the image both look like views across a flat, grid-marked plane (galaxy map? system map? planet surface?) but with an angular separation between the viewpoints? Maybe linked to the two angles marked on lower-left quadrant image?

Yeah immediately when the pic dropped I cut and pasted them together. There is no intelligible coords to be found though. Yet. I thnk the guy's bar codes may be the key though.

I feel like probably a lot on here thinking 'too obscure, need more in-game clues'.

If a puzzle is too obscure, interest will wane. It happened with the barnacles, and it'll happen here.

ok another downed condor an im noticing a patter

both of them were pojnting towards compass 140

this is starting to be more than a coincidence

The front was going at 140? Exactly? Can you provide a screen shot from your cockpit?

Also that would be backward because the coords are all backward - the real direction is around 320

Last edited:
It seems that plotting has much more troubles with permit locked systems. Now it doesn't want to plot route even back. Nor halfway. I am just plotting route every about 6 systems back and it is really boring.

The front was going at 140? Exactly? Can you provide a screen shot from your cockpit?

Also that would be backward because the coords are all backward - the real direction is around 320

not yet im still looking for something but i do have screenshots of both ship's im lookin for a third in the vicinity the it confirmes it

...for all the pi theorists -

3.412 is NOT pi. 3.142 is the decimal approximation of pi. pi is actually 22/7. If thus message was about pi it would represent it as the ratio 22/7 rather than 3.142 which is "about" pi.

in a lot if calculations (especially ones done on a planetary of galactic scale) using 3.142 intead of the actual pi ratio would introduce WAY too much error.

therefore I dont think its pi.

Last edited:
I feel like probably a lot on here thinking 'too obscure, need more in-game clues'.

If a puzzle is too obscure, interest will wane. It happened with the barnacles, and it'll happen here.

Only, there probably isn't anything to solve about the barnacles, other than they mine elements and produce meta-alloys, which is easily observable and they like to live in certain environments within nebulae. Interest didn't wane becuase it was too vague but because there was literally nothing to solve. This is my opinion of course, there may still be something to find out about them but I see them as things to find, not decode.

The UP message however is cryptic so we have to crack the encryption. The puzzle presents itself, unlike with the barnies.

FzqIVei.jpg

WGpJlHF.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom