UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was already doing much what you've been doing, before I even saw your post.

I agree.
Making the "globe" as circular as I could in Audacity (repeated copy-pastes until it was "right"), I overlaid a protractor and noticed straight away the gridlines don't match up.
The centre of the gridlines is slightly off to the right and below "true centre".

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/189512082482266112/206927978439901184/protractedUP.jpg

Book marking this for when folks want to assert the precision of directly measured angles :).

I agree.
Making the "globe" as circular as I could in Audacity (repeated copy-pastes until it was "right"), I overlaid a protractor and noticed straight away the gridlines don't match up.
The centre of the gridlines is slightly off to the right and below "true centre".

It could also mean the key is indicating a depression. Like a crater, maybe?

Granted, the fidelity of the audio and imagery we have is quite low-res, but there could still be subtle clues in there!

been through a dozen outcrops at least north (180 degrees heading to -24) nothing unusual.

Is it being called "Organic Outcrop" relative? I genuinely don't know what they are usually called if different. I know I saw an organic outcrop earlier when I was on, didn't think it was anything new. Scanned it "Data Compromised".

Is it being called "Organic Outcrop" relative? I genuinely don't know what they are usually called if different. I know I saw an organic outcrop earlier when I was on, didn't think it was anything new. Scanned it "Data Compromised".

Really well we need exact coords of these things. I'm willing to bet if you shoot them they drop meta alloys too . But I don't recall anyone ever mentioning these things before. So it must mean something.

small and larger variants of the existing barnacles, are the things evolving

I agree.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/189512082482266112/206927978439901184/protractedUP.jpg

It's also good to note that inside of every planet in Elite Dangerous you can find squares under the texture of the ground. If you ever managed to glitch under a planet you would know what im talking about. Those squares look exactly the same as the one found in your picture.

Last edited:
Really well we need exact coords of these things. I'm willing to bet if you shoot them they drop meta alloys too . But I don't recall anyone ever mentioning these things before. So it must mean something.

It was one of the known about and on most peoples lists. Either -26.3515 -156.4056 or -28.247 -109.5219 or there abouts. Quite possibly which ever one of those has the Fed ship shooting at you if you are stupid enough to try and fly through it..... :eek:[yesnod]

I agree.

agree completely - I noticed this a few days ago but wasn't entirely sure because of the fuzziness.

It's a bit strange, really. Suggests we are indeed looking down on a globe of some sort (or hemisphere) or slightly below centre into a depression.

Perhaps it's less a diagram, but more a reproduction of something physical.

Edit - although - wouldn't the radial line also be curved then, instead of dead straight?

Last edited:
Guys, think about it, this is a foreing alien they know almost nothing about us, maybe not even share the same concepts of pad lock and key.... if this is a first contact message, then they should try to give us something that we can work with to help "learn" their language, and the only thing that is "universal"(that we are aware of) is mathematical concepts like Pi. So the're is no point in giving us a pad to look for...

This is why I think trying to physically measure precise angles and lengths off the figure is a mistake. Due to it's nature the figure is indicative only, if there are precise numbers to be had they will be derived from geometric properties of the figure or mathematical principles.

While I'm on my soapbox, there is also a limit to how far the audio can be cleaned up. Ask not for more definition, you probably already have more than FD ever intended! Work with what you have. That's my advice feel free to ignore it :D

Last edited:

My mistake. Organic Structure, just checked my footage.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom