UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
if misjumps haven't been implemented yet, I still wonder how the UP's/UA's can be a key in terms of gameplay mechanics. Is the key a music key? Still, how would that help us?

FD are either bad at giving clues or we are too dumb to understand them.

Some reads/leads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stokes_parameters

"The effect of an optical system on the polarization of light can be determined by constructing the Stokes vector for the input light and applying Mueller Calculus to obtain the Stokes vector of the light leaving the system."

"
...are the spherical coordinates of the three-dimensional vector of cartesian coordinates ... is the total intensity of the beam, and...is the degree of polarization, constrained by 0 ≤ p ≤ 1. The factor of two before...represents the fact that any polarization ellipse is indistinguishable from one rotated by 180°, while the factor of two before...indicates that an ellipse is indistinguishable from one with the semi-axis lengths swapped accompanied by a 90° rotation. The phase information of the polarized light is not recorded in the stokes parameters. The four Stokes parameters are sometimes denoted I, Q, U and V, respectively.
If given the Stokes parameters one can solve for the spherical coordinates with the following equations:"

Found this image in reference to the Dogon peoples and their advanced astronomy. (apparently they are highly tied to the Pleiades and Sirius)

https://subharanjangupta.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/sirius-a-and-b-orbits.jpg

https://subharanjangupta.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/dogon-the-original-space-truckers/

They actually believe there is a sirius C that orbits between Sol and Sirius every 3600 years.

Alright, throwing my somewhat simpler theory out here, because.. why not.

If the message is a 'key', then what if the solar system (Merope) is the tumbler?
7iPdd8n.jpg

• We can assume the upper right part of the message indicates that the image is referring to a double ring (Merope 5's ring).
  • We assume the arc surrounding the circle indicates the position of its parent body (Merope star). Any matches with the star outside this arc do not matter.
  • We assume the two normal lines are indicating the relative positions that Merope 5a and 5b need to be in.
  • We can then assume that the line extending outwards indicates a location in Merope 5's ring, either at the tip of the line or somewhere along it.

Lining everything up in http://www.elitegalaxyonline.com/, the most precise example I can get is this Wednesday night (27/7), ~8pm.

dABbbSF.jpg

Pros:

• If the location that this is pointing to is in a ring instead of a planet, the discovery wouldn't be locked to Horizons owners.
  • Ensuring that something is only visible during a time window means that nobody would accidentally stumble across it. The planets align in this manner fairly frequently.
Cons:

• Binary (or whatever they are) symbols don't really directly mean anything, unless we just assume that the reference to Pi is "We're talking about something circular".
  • The prominent symbol in the left side of the spectrogram also doesn't really apply, unless it's somehow indicating the type of stellar body the message is referring to?
  • Merope 5c has nothing to do with this - It's just hanging out, doing its own thing with its weird orbital inclination. If this theory is true, why are / were the Feds at 5c in such heavy force?
  • The distorted grid in the circle also doesn't mean much here. Could maybe represent a gravity well?

Half the reason I'm posting this is because 8pm UTC is 6am for me, so.. other people who are more time-zone blessed than I am might need to check this out.

OK I kept thinking the circle/sphere in the image might be the shell around Merope created by the UAs and acting as a big arrow.

Take the map http://m.imgur.com/YawVY9G and rotate it 180 degrees. Open the galaxy map and select and center on Merope. Zoom out and rotate so you are above the galaxy with Sag A at the top so you are looking inward toward the center. Now rotate looking right to quadrant 1 on the flipped audio map which has the two outward lines and you see the two gray galaxies on the sky box. Turn 90 degrees to quadrant 2 which has the long arc and you see the arcing edge of the milky way. Turn 90 degrees more to quadrant 3 and whigh has the two little arcs and you see the other two small galaxies on the sky box. Turn 90 degrees more to quadrant 4 which has the "arrow" and its pointing toward Jaques Station.

Was this meant to be a clue to the stations location maybe? Maybe Jaques is the next piece of the puzzle story but it was found before the clue was solved?

OK I kept thinking the circle/sphere in the image might be the shell around Merope created by the UAs and acting as a big arrow.

Take the map http://m.imgur.com/YawVY9G and rotate it 180 degrees. Open the galaxy map and select and center on Merope. Zoom out and rotate so you are above the galaxy with Sag A at the top so you are looking inward toward the center. Now rotate looking right to quadrant 1 on the flipped audio map which has the two outward lines and you see the two gray galaxies on the sky box. Turn 90 degrees to quadrant 2 which has the long arc and you see the arcing edge of the milky way. Turn 90 degrees more to quadrant 3 and whigh has the two little arcs and you see the other two small galaxies on the sky box. Turn 90 degrees more to quadrant 4 which has the "arrow" and its pointing toward Jaques Station.

Was this meant to be a clue to the stations location maybe? Maybe Jaques is the next piece of the puzzle story but it was found before the clue was solved?

Provide me with sufficient visual proof and I'll buckyball to Jaques Station with my Unknown Probe.

Has any one dropped it next to the fed's and honked and done what the news story a little while ago stated?

I mean they kept going on about how 'these are weapons'.. ok maybe it's the key to removing the annoying Battle Cruiser that keeps trying to shoot us down. I mean it packs a punch against us.. what does it do to a larger ship?

Alright, throwing my somewhat simpler theory out here, because.. why not.

If the message is a 'key', then what if the solar system (Merope) is the tumbler?

• We can assume the upper right part of the message indicates that the image is referring to a double ring (Merope 5's ring).
  • We assume the arc surrounding the circle indicates the position of its parent body (Merope star). Any matches with the star outside this arc do not matter.
  • We assume the two normal lines are indicating the relative positions that Merope 5a and 5b need to be in.
  • We can then assume that the line extending outwards indicates a location in Merope 5's ring, either at the tip of the line or somewhere along it.

Lining everything up in http://www.elitegalaxyonline.com/, the most precise example I can get is this Wednesday night (27/7), ~8pm.

http://i.imgur.com/dABbbSF.jpg

Pros:

• If the location that this is pointing to is in a ring instead of a planet, the discovery wouldn't be locked to Horizons owners.
  • Ensuring that something is only visible during a time window means that nobody would accidentally stumble across it. The planets align in this manner fairly frequently.
Cons:

• Binary (or whatever they are) symbols don't really directly mean anything, unless we just assume that the reference to Pi is "We're talking about something circular".
  • The prominent symbol in the left side of the spectrogram also doesn't really apply, unless it's somehow indicating the type of stellar body the message is referring to?
  • Merope 5c has nothing to do with this - It's just hanging out, doing its own thing with its weird orbital inclination. If this theory is true, why are / were the Feds at 5c in such heavy force?
  • The distorted grid in the circle also doesn't mean much here. Could maybe represent a gravity well?

Half the reason I'm posting this is because 8pm UTC is 6am for me, so.. other people who are more time-zone blessed than I am might need to check this out.

hey, why not the arrow point to merope 5c and the search area is actualy an area(the 30° area) ?

Has any one dropped it next to the fed's and honked and done what the news story a little while ago stated?

I mean they kept going on about how 'these are weapons'.. ok maybe it's the key to removing the annoying Battle Cruiser that keeps trying to shoot us down. I mean it packs a punch against us.. what does it do to a larger ship?

Indeed a test was done. Sadly, there is no observable effect on the capital ships. There is video a few pages ago in the thread.

Because traffic is associated with population and the proximity of stations.
Adding Jacques suddenly gave that system a population and the ambient traffic that goes with it.

only ambievent traffic is around boom and famine states. In other states there is no in space npc traffic, there is npc at nav point, res sites and station.

With all the commander traffic that could lead to a background simulation upgrade which would add it over time.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

hey, why not the arrow point to merope 5c and the search area is actualy an area(the 30° area) ?

Isnt it a 130 degree thing ?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Indeed a test was done. Sadly, there is no observable effect on the capital ships. There is video a few pages ago in the thread.

perhaps they have been upgraded with meta alloys

anoraklikespie posted this in the subreddit:

I spent a few hours messing around with the image in photoshop - and I got the idea that the picture isn't just a code, its a key. If you rotate the image using the short radius (as a dash) you can rotate it around the circumference of the circle and get 8 distinct numbers based on where the two 'antennae' select 1/8th of a circle. Using some basic logic ( - | - ) clockwise, resulting in the starting position on the upper-right side, it doesn't work the other way)

I don't think this IS a message, I think it's a 'control' image to help understand other transmissions or messages hidden somewhere else. The smaller images around the pictograph in the original are a graphical explanation of how to rotate the pictograph to get the proper octal.

If you care, I thought of this because in the original orientation (unrotated) the radius inside the circle reminded me of a radian. I first tried adding up the angles and running it through all sorts of number conversion, but I didn't come up with anything interesting.

IF we do discovery additional messages, any result will be in an octal and need to be converted to decimal. It could be used to send text messages, too, but that remains to be seen.

Here's the original image.
Here's what I came up with.

TLDR: I think I broke the pictograph code. It's a master key for more codes that haven't been sent yet or are still undiscovered. Fly straight and true, Commanders.

Jz6jtXD.png

Last edited:
Btw: why are everybody (or a lot of people) convinced that the image has to do sth with Merope?

same reason certain cults and other ideologies thrive in the real world, u get enough ppl focused on a planet ie merope 5c, and enough reinforcement of thje same idea and everyone starts believing the same thing, before this UP code was known the community was going nutso over the tip offs ( perhaps it points to one of those tipoff locations and the map can be overlaid there) but shhhh dont think outside the box

Does anyone have a decent surface map of merope 5c? I have determined a coordinate from the map but on a trip away from computer. Need to see the surface

I don't know how many are convinced Surl. I think it's just a process of lack of capacity to eliminate it.

Question, have tried honking a UP in the same way the image shows the lines?
Two ships bottom left, one ship bottom right, one top (that honks)?

Maybe the UP isn't a 'probe' so much as a point to point relay.
- that or it's a bomb

Also, maybe we really did get all this out of order?
Barnacles first, UA, then UP... because we were closer.

If we had found the UA first, then the UP, and then Barnacles this wouldn't be exciting at all.
- my boyfriend has been raving for the last hour... Tiberium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberium

I have no idea really. I think we might just have brained this.

My 2 cents if any are interested;

I have pretty much given up on merope and the barnacles around there, with the all the traffic getting around it is too hectic for me, and I feel as though if something could be found there is enough commanders searching to find it.

I am really wanting to follow up on the strange viper npc encounter I had, I cant rule it out as a dead end until I have researched more about it. I want to scan that ship and maybe follow its wake, it just seems to curious to me.

I think the UA is the the actual honker, the UP is only a receiver and showing us what the the UA broadcasts. If we do the steps in the image with a UA maybe something will happen... Who knows what? I just think the whole thing is being looked at too deeply.

If it is non human entities trying to communicate with us, they would try to make it as simple as possible, just like humans did with the voyager golden record. But what is it they are trying to tell us? Could be absolutely anything, could be nothing.

What I believe is below;

I have been thinking along the lines the -|'s are binary, but to me it looks more like a process of what to do - instructions for something. The binary are labeling the steps in order, and each quadrant of the image has a different instruction we need to work out. Maybe something like this;

--| (1) Take UA to planet
-|- (2) Leave planet (or orbital cruise in sweet spot)?
-|| (3) Honk UA at planet (or star)?
|-- (4) Barnacle grows ( :D ) or something is revealed or the galaxy implodes?

Maybe not right but I still feel that if the -|'s are binary then they are trying to indicate an order of doing something, though what the something is and what the steps are exactly I still am unsure.

Give this man a cookie!

Nice one

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom