Ubisoft at E3

I just have to say, Ubi's conference was probably the best event I've seen at E3 in a couple of years.
Pretty much every game they've showcased, I'm hyped for.

Watch Dogs Legion in particular. I've played the first, it was meh. I didn't bother with the second one because the protagonists were extremely unlikeable. But Legion? Holy hell, man that is one cool concept to build upon. The combat looks interessting, almost gives me the "Gun-fu" vibe, but the characters, just wow. Being able to play as anybody in the city, with random skill sets and gameplay options, character permadeath, ex-assassin grannies!
I mean... Ex-assassin grannies with killer robot facehuggers! How cool is that?

2020 will be one hell of a year for gaming.

Deleted member 110222

D
I mean it's good. But I'm still far more excited by CyberKeanu.

I mean it's good. But I'm still far more excited by CyberKeanu.
Well, so am I.
But I'm still going to play the WDL for that month and a half till the CP2077 release. :)

And many things before that. Like the Ghost Recon. I love Wildlands and this will be better in every way imaginable.

To be honest, I'm slightly annoyed that the Planet Zoo is coming in November as well. I expected it to come out in September and help me to bridge that gap between now and all the awesomeness that will start to come out between the November and April 2020. Oh well.

I don't know. I've not seen a single game in their presentation I'd actually want to purchase. I would be interested in Watch Dogs, if previous two games weren't so vapid and boring. Ghost Recon just looks like a joke at this point, having zero resemblance to what GR once was. The new cartoony monster hunter looking game looks visually at least a bit interesting. The Roller thing is just a blatant attempt at making their own Rocket League. And R6 Quarantine...seriously? Zombies in 2019?

I found it more disturbing that nothing had actual gameplay aside from the maybe gameplay of Legions. Not even the games that are actually already out, like the Division 2 and Wildlands. Pretty prerendered teasers are not enought, imo.

Ever since I got my hands on AC Origins, my opinion about Ubisoft has changed in a profound way - now I believe they can actually do decent stuff. :)
EA and Bethesda... not so much. The SW Fallen Order gameplay teaser was especially weak.

Ever since I got my hands on AC Origins, my opinion about Ubisoft has changed in a profound way - now I believe they can actually do decent stuff. :)
EA and Bethesda... not so much. The SW Fallen Order gameplay teaser was especially weak.
Yeah, Ubi are probably my favourite publishing house at the moment. The only other publisher where I can easily say "whatever they publish I will play" is Frontier.
During the last year I've played the Wildlands, AC Odyssey, Division 2 and Anno 1800 and all four games are phenomenal fun.
I'm not discarding the Fallen Order, but I am definitely more hyped for the Ubi stuff than any other (with one exception). Basically the only two things that really raised my pulse at the Microsoft conference were the CP2077 and MFS. The rest of my "must have" list for 2020 is Ubi.

If I were to say one bad thing about the Ubi conference, it would be the slight disappointment over the non-existence of any Beyond Good and Evil info. They are apparently having big issues with that game, which is a shame.

Even though none of the Ubisoft games are in my top "love it" list, they do have put out very decent games on a consistent basis across a long period of time, and have a lot of successful franchises like Anno, Settlers, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon, etc etc. They have also never (that I know of) engaged in any douchebaggery practices so far, so I do respect Ubisoft as a pretty solid gaming company.

Yeah, Ubi are probably my favourite publishing house at the moment. The only other publisher where I can easily say "whatever they publish I will play" is Frontier.
During the last year I've played the Wildlands, AC Odyssey, Division 2 and Anno 1800 and all four games are phenomenal fun.
I'm not discarding the Fallen Order, but I am definitely more hyped for the Ubi stuff than any other (with one exception). Basically the only two things that really raised my pulse at the Microsoft conference were the CP2077 and MFS. The rest of my "must have" list for 2020 is Ubi.

If I were to say one bad thing about the Ubi conference, it would be the slight disappointment over the non-existence of any Beyond Good and Evil info. They are apparently having big issues with that game, which is a shame.

To me that's definitely Rockstar, pretty much the only I dev I'd preorder from.
Frontier used to be - Jurassic World's broken mission system is a big let down, and I was actually upset how and what they laid out for Elite's future.

I just watched the new Watchdogs gameplay trailer and my doubts have melted away.
Very convincing. Cool mechanics, cool player moves, interesting weapons and gadgets and even the 'many protagonist mechanic' seems to work well, because there seems to be a central AI contact that ties everything together.
I am impressed.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnz_J25hqlE
Yes. Probably my favourite presentation of the whole E3 to be honest. And I don't even like Watch Dogs franchise that much. :)

Yes. Probably my favourite presentation of the whole E3 to be honest. And I don't even like Watch Dogs franchise that much. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, but the second one did not work for me, although I have no idea why that is. My waning interest surprised me.

I had serious doubts about the multiple protagonist mechanic, but what UBI showed in that extended gameplay trailer looked very cool. It seems to work.
I will have to experience it to see if it holds up in the long run of course, but I am intrigued, to say the least.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, but the second one did not work for me, although I have no idea why that is. My waning interest surprised me.

I had serious doubts about the multiple protagonist mechanic, but what UBI showed in that extended gameplay trailer looked very cool. It seems to work.
I will have to experience it to see if it holds up in the long run of course, but I am intrigued, to say the least.
Yes. One thing I'm worried about is the scope and variety.
They said you can recruit and play anybody and everybody will be fully voiced, with a backstory and recruiting mission. Now I really doubt they hired a million voice actors and wrote a million different introductory missions for people with a million different gameplay styles.

So the question is how many did they do and how quickly you will start seeing repetitions. I guess there will be a couple of general gameplay styles (melee hitter, pet robot operator, stealthy stabby character, gun expert, etc...) that will create an RNG pool from which your recruited person will draw.
Then maybe a couple dozen voices? And hopefully at least a couple hundred character models with some procedurally generated traits etc.?

Not really sure. Simply, what I fear is that although you can technically play as any citizen of the city, in reality it will be a dozen or two characters with different textures.

We'll have to wait and see, but the presentation looked really really cool, so here's hoping.

Yes. One thing I'm worried about is the scope and variety.
They said you can recruit and play anybody and everybody will be fully voiced, with a backstory and recruiting mission. Now I really doubt they hired a million voice actors and wrote a million different introductory missions for people with a million different gameplay styles.

So the question is how many did they do and how quickly you will start seeing repetitions. I guess there will be a couple of general gameplay styles (melee hitter, pet robot operator, stealthy stabby character, gun expert, etc...) that will create an RNG pool from which your recruited person will draw.
Then maybe a couple dozen voices? And hopefully at least a couple hundred character models with some procedurally generated traits etc.?

Not really sure. Simply, what I fear is that although you can technically play as any citizen of the city, in reality it will be a dozen or two characters with different textures.

We'll have to wait and see, but the presentation looked really really cool, so here's hoping.

I wonder what would happen if I picked some talentless bum. How long would he survive?
That could be very interesting. It might be cool to experiment.

And would it perhaps be possible to use the old lady from the trailer for an armed assault on a criminal gang.
I am really curious about the possibilities.

I wonder what would happen if I picked some talentless bum. How long would he survive?
That could be very interesting. It might be cool to experiment.

And would it perhaps be possible to use the old lady from the trailer for an armed assault on a criminal gang.
I am really curious about the possibilities.

It would be absolutely hilarious and really cool if you could pick somebody totally useless and fail a mission because they wouldn't be able drive a car or something. :LOL:

Best of it is...it'll be free with Uplay Plus :)

I've got watchdogs 1 and 2 but never played but 5 minutes of either before being frustrated at the clunky UI and charcter movement... driving is another personal nightmare.

Played the first one and it disgusted me. So full of the typical UbiSprawl cookie cutter open world icontastic bull that their games are full of.

I had high Hope's it might be different. I thought that of Asscreed oddities also. But again i was to be disappointed. In fairness the latter was a little better this time round though I only played maybe 20 hours and gave in.

Sorry to rant

Top Bottom