Game Discussions Ubisoft is making an open world Star Wars game

Rogue One was the best thing Star Wars I saw since the originals. It’s just that eara in the SW universe that works best. Now to be honest, the sequels were pretty ok for me, the prequels however (and that was pre Disney) were pretty cringeworthy.
They were both poor for different reasons but the prequels were more cringy.

4ufigv.jpg

If i wanted to waste 10 years of my life that would end in disappointment I would just get married...

A strange view on a marriage partnership. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually quite fun...but the whole idea is to get married to somebody you actually like in the first place :D

31 years for us...and we haven't killed eachother yet. The standing joke between us is that on our wedding day, my mum threatened to sue my new wife for damages if I turned up at her door at 2am some time in the future carrying bags...true story by the way ;)

Last edited:
A strange view on a marriage partnership. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually quite fun...but the whole idea is to get married to somebody you actually like in the first place :D

31 years for us...and we haven't killed eachother yet. The standing joke between us is that on our wedding day, my mum threatened to sue my new wife for damages if I turned up at her door at 2am some time in the future carrying bags...true story by the way ;)
I think this might be a generational gape issue. Maybe the military tinted my view, 83% divorce rate and all that. Getting off topic though :p

I think this might be a generational gape issue. Maybe the military tinted my view, 83% divorce rate and all that. Getting off topic though :p
Staying off topic...both my wife and myself are ex military...23 years army for me, 12 years RAF for my wife. She was an air traffic controller for the RAF when we met. I suppose both of us being in the job made us more aware of the pitfalls of marrying into the life than hooking up with someone from the outside of it :)

EA or Ubisoft. Having trouble deciding which one I dislike more. Really need to decentralize game publishing and distribution so all these middlemen corporations can sod off and die.

Not much info on the game itself, so there really isn't anything to get hyped up about yet.

Personally, I think the whole institution of marriage is a sham and an outdated relic. That said, I always planned on being with my wife forever, with or without the marriage part, which was ultimately just a matter of finances. If our extortionist overlords want to give us a discount for pretending we conform to some 1950s Leave-it-to-Beaver sitcom fantasy societal norm, well we'd be foolish to refuse, even if we think those benefits should be a given for everyone.

EA or Ubisoft. Having trouble deciding which one I dislike more. Really need to decentralize game publishing and distribution so all these middlemen corporations can sod off and die.

Not much info on the game itself, so there really isn't anything to get hyped up about yet.

Personally, I think the whole institution of marriage is a sham and an outdated relic. That said, I always planned on being with my wife forever, with or without the marriage part, which was ultimately just a matter of finances. If our extortionist overlords want to give us a discount for pretending we conform to some 1950s Leave-it-to-Beaver sitcom fantasy societal norm, well we'd be foolish to refuse, even if we think those benefits should be a given for everyone.
I'm a dandelion worshipper, never having been baptised into any faith...the marriage ceremony is predominantly a religious ritual, so on that point I'd agree. The legal contract thing really wasn't needed in our case either in an emotional or commitment sense... except we needed it to gain access to military married quarters. The Army (or RAF) don't give houses to those with live in partners forcing you to rent privately outside of the base. More poignantly, if I had been killed during service, my wife would have no right to any pension or renumeration. Like most service folks, we were poor back then and couldn't afford to rent privately. A couple of signatures on a few pieces of paper seemed the lesser of 2 evils in our case :D

Last edited:
"You need 50 more iron to craft that Lightsaber MK1. Would you like to buy a resource package for Helix? Visit the game store NOW"
"How about a nice color skin for your lightsaber? Only 4.99$. Character bound, non.tradable"

And still....I m curious to see how it ll pan out ^^ If only because the game will actually release in my lifetime hehe.

"You need 50 more iron to craft that Lightsaber MK1. Would you like to buy a resource package for Helix? Visit the game store NOW"
"How about a nice color skin for your lightsaber? Only 4.99$. Character bound, non.tradable"

And still....I m curious to see how it ll pan out ^^ If only because the game will actually release in my lifetime hehe.

"Get your XP boosters. The first one is free!"

Soooo assassin's creed star wars edition? Big open map, bunch of filler pointless collectibles? Some towers to climb?

I wonder which star wars they are going after? The Kathleen Kennedy star wars or John Favreau star wars?
Favreau only has con trol of Madalorian as far as I know. More interestingly or cringeworthy is will the game be linked to the Kathleen Kenedy universe including the High Republic? For a sample of Ubisoft Star Wars I'm guessing we could just look at any of their open world games, change the names and sound effect, etc. There be towers to unlock each zones.

Top Bottom