UBOAT

Oh yes. I remember sinking some pirate gankers with a Mercury on a popular route. Carronades make big holes. All I can remember was waiting for the right moment and shoving them in. I had inferior ship in speed, but I could count on the greed and lust to kill, so I made me appear limp and trying to flee, until opening for a killshot in their bellies. Two I took with me - the third was too catious to lure - he ran off and I followed him for ten minutes for a final salute. We used to organise gank raids to lure pirate fleets out of their harbour and then do maximum damage. Some big battles were fought. #frigatesarebest-f..therest

:D

not playing much lately, i'm giving it a short rest but i will be back for sure ... with my jolly roger! same nick so if we meet someday please wave between shots! :)

I wonder if it will get the same level of "special snowflake" censoring that I have been seeing a lot of in recent WW II games.

Goose4291

Banned
I wonder if it will get the same level of "special snowflake" censoring that I have been seeing a lot of in recent WW II games.

Bearing in mind 2005's unmodded Silent Hunter 3 is devoid of historically accurate symbology, what do you mean by 'special snowflake' censoring?

It seems Germany has now relaxed ban on the use of symbology in historic games, so it may well include the historic use of these controversial symbols.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/09/germany-video-games--ban-eased/

Mind you in the PC gaming space its never been much of an issue anyway since modders always seem to add them quickly enough for those that wish to use them.

I will be keeping an eye on this sim, hopefully it turns out to be a worthy successor to the Silent Hunter series.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/494840/announcements/detail/1817672077070343940

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7 64 Bit / Windows 8 64 Bit / Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor: Core i3 3.1 GHz or AMD Phenom II X3 2.8 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 1GB (720p Low), GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB (1080p Low) or AMD equivalents
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Recommended:

OS: Windows 7 64 Bit / Windows 8 64 Bit / Windows 10 64 Bit
Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 3770K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB (1080p High), GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (1080p Extreme) or AMD equivalents
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Ignoring plethora of technical issues and bugs the game is very enjoyable and has the pleasant Silent Hunter 2/3 vibe all over it. You can tell that the devs are fans of SH games and want to achieve similar result. My first gripe is WAY too much micromanagement at them moment - having lots of stuff to control manually is not necessarily a bad thing in long journeys but I miss one click commands from SH.

After few more hours in game I can safely say that for me this is the worthy replacement for SH3 that wont work most of the time on my pc. I customized and named my crew to reflect the Das Boot movie, put the movie soundtrack in the background and had a real blast yesterday. Also game is very immersive with all the actions of the crew being animated. Game is also playable from first perspective that gets really spooky if you running from surface combatants.
The devs are trying their best to put fix patches for the issues we are having so I hop for the best. Really happy I got the game. I only hope they will give the player manual control over aiming/calculating the torpedoes like in SH games, really miss that in here.

Last edited:
Runs like crap on my system. Made a tour yesterday. Well 1 and a half, bugged out on an objective. I have had all tasks done by crew - no idea how to do myself. UI seems terrible for those tasks. Underneath bad performance a game that looks fun.

Only have one patrol under my belt but enjoying the game so far
Alas a little unstable as had a few CTD but see the Devs are working on it

The Crew Discipline system isn't as bad as some steam forum posts suggest as it is quite easy to manage with music and food variety and such and not over working your crew.
All the modifiers are in the tool tips so a clear mechanic.

The fully customised crew certainly adds to the investment into the crew for me, and I think it will be a good "crew management" game set on a U-Boat.

Also nice that you can play it like that or go into first person and be hands on, and the option is yours, I haven't used the first person much as was more interested in the management side

Found the crew moral modifier for food variety randomly after salvaging some wreckage. Just add different foods for the cook and they be happy as little puppies.

Top Bottom