UC First Discovered Message

Hi!

New to the game. Was trying to find an answer for UC First discovered message, but no luck or I am not understanding something.

Received Universal Cartographics: First to Discover message.

QQYN1pN.jpg

Going back to the system map. Showing other names.

aHjoujy.jpg

I understand first one to sell gets the name in the system. Confusion is why does the UC message says first discovered + the bonus but no name in the system?

Am I correct for thinking that "mapped" is different from "Discovered"? Thus I am receiving the bonus for only being first to map it?

Thank you.

Once again, apologies if this question been beaten to death.

o7

Huh, interesting. I'm guessing that it was just the first-mapping then (is that your commander's name in the screenshot?). The UC popup will always say "first to discover" and doesn't make a distinction between the two, as far as I know.

Last edited:
One of the Aisling's Angels hit the same bug, Cherioz is not alone having 'suffered' this. I think it'd be worth throwing this in the bug report forums.

Yes that is my Cmomander's name. It really is weird. Unless It does indeed awards you with either discovery or mapping reward. Still looking into this.

There was a bug when Mapping was first introduced, with version 3.3, that accidentally gave the Mapper the Discoverer bonus as well, over-writing the old First Discoverer Tag. The symptoms have been covered up (you no longer see the old name over-written on the system map), but the underlying bug - some parts of the game thinking Mappers deserve the Discovery bonus too - seems to still be there, in the background.

Has this been reported as a bug in it's own right yet? It rather messes up the value of the "Congratulations" report when you sell data...

(It seems like a pretty fundamental flaw for UC, in that they will be forever paying out bonuses to everyone that maps anything! ;) )

Has this been reported as a bug in it's own right yet? It rather messes up the value of the "Congratulations" report when you sell data...

(It seems like a pretty fundamental flaw for UC, in that they will be forever paying out bonuses to everyone that maps anything! ;) )

I agree it being a flaw. However, I have sold some data from systems that were discovered but not mapped and did not receive a bonus.
And yes, I have posted in in Bug report forum. Now we wait.

I noticed two further entertaining bugs last night:

1: Sometimes, when you have just entered a system and honked, the sysmap can show the stars as being unexplored, i.e no tags. But if you then go and use the F.F.S scanner to generate the sysmap, it will then reveal that one or more of the stars has actually been "discovery tagged" previously. This only seems to happen if the previous discoverer did not go and DSS at least one of the planets in the system.

2: I went to initiate planetary bombardment, I mean, probe a planet, that had already been discovered and mapped. The sysmap showed the two tags correctly. Now, when you start up the probe interface, it always displays the first discovered and first mapped names at the bottom of the screen (if they exist). But sometimes, it will only display the "First Discovered" tag in those situations... In my case, I was off to map an ELW that had been both discovered and mapped, so I don't know if that made any difference.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I just had the same issue as the OP.

Also said "Congratulations. You are the first to discover", went back to the system and realised I was not the first to discover or to map the planet's surface.

Created a bug report > https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/14829

Attachments

• elite_exploration_1_edit.jpg
    elite_exploration_1_edit.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 115
I've stopped getting a First Discovered message in UCG...even though I was the First and when I checked afterwards, I could see the Galaxy map showing my Cmdr name.

Strangely disappointing not to be told...

Stay home. Fly safe, Cmdrs

Jon
T-6E

Another bug I encountered frequently over the last months: If you get the first mapped bonus the first mapped message will pop up every time after selling the following pages, regardless if you first mapped more bodies or not.

I've stopped getting a First Discovered message in UCG...even though I was the First and when I checked afterwards, I could see the Galaxy map showing my Cmdr name.
I'm seeing the same. My name gets added in the galaxy map, but the UC screen said nothing.

Top Bottom