Uhhhh. Why is the Arctic map the size of the pre-launch maps?

cR9x38Y.jpg

RySsvPq.jpg

I placed a row of maximum length paths across each.

Alpine: ~30 clicks before reaching the other side.

Arctic: 20 clicks.

Arctic: 137 4m building pieces wide.

OmiNriC.jpg

Alpine: 187 4m building pieces.

kYO4ymj.jpg

So Arctic = 300,304m sq

Alpine = 559,504m sq

Arctic map is almost exactly half the size...

Last edited:
I'm just guessing technical limitations, but I really don't have any idea why the biome would be much smaller than the others.

I know this is slightly off topic, so sorry about that, but can you please post a screenie of the available terrain painting options in the arctic biome? I'm at work so I won't be able to check anything out until much later tonight. Ty kindly.

Last edited:
Available terrain includes 3 kinds of snow (soft, coarse, and rough), two kinds of rock, 3 kinds of dead grass. There is no live grass, and no ice. :(

Yeah I would have gone with:

2 snow (coarse & soft)
2 dead grass
2 rocks
1 living grass
1 ice

And then for ice detail such as ice wall faces, icicles and I assume there are snow VFX?

These would add a lot more in terms of options. It also would have been awesome to have maybe ice under the water section so you can fill a lake to make it frozen water instead of a texture and that way we could have 3 snow types still, but yeah options could have been better, however I don't see myself using too much yet tbh.

Maybe someone will start to do a full Star Wars section in this area with the Sci-Fi.

I think you guys are getting a little distracted here. Hopefully modders start existing soon and we can get whatever textures we want. But for now the problem is...why is the map smaller? [cry]

Edited the post to add the math and some more evidence of scale. Turns out the new biome map is half the size (!!!) of the other maps.

I think you guys are getting a little distracted here. Hopefully modders start existing soon and we can get whatever textures we want. But for now the problem is...why is the map smaller? [cry]

The game uses Deunvo. Modders will not be happening while this game uses that. It is an anti tamper system, meaning non of the games files can be modified by a third party. If it does Deunvo will refuse the game to launch.

[haha]

I figured it was an accident but I realized it was smaller so quickly that I wasn't sure it could be. Really glad it's just an accident. [up] Guess I just have an eye for scale. [wink] Luckily I don't have time to play before work today so I haven't started a map here or anything, hopefully by the time I can play it'll be big! :D

Last edited:
My simplified guessplanation is that they created the new biome using an old "map template" internal thingydoo, and it just so happens to be so old that it's from before the map size was increased. [yesnod]

And everybody just forgot the maps were made bigger so nobody thought to check [haha]

Top Bottom