Un-completable Delivery Mission

As you can see in the screenshots, the delivery destination is Damnclown's Funland in Sigma Hydri to be delivered to L 12-40 Blue Power Corporation, this faction does not exist in this system, making this mission un-completable.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

Do you actually have 90 polymers on board? Check your cargo. They changed the way these missions work, how you get the goods you are supposed to deliver. And these must be the mission-specific polymers, you can't go and buy some.

Or the faction doesn't exist :)

Looks like they exist, but not in the destination system?

Last edited:
@sinisalo Yes, the polymers are in the cargo, I read that these missions used to be different, but I started relatively recently, so I've always had to pick up the cargo after accepting the mission.
@Factabulous It didn't even take me 5 min to get there after accepting the mission, that was this morning, don't retreats happen at the tick? It was way too early for that.
@Para Handy Where do I submit tickets from?

Well, inara shows the faction as present recently. I can imagine the mission system not noticing BGS changes fast enough - worth a bug report, as you descrive it is sounds broken (think I've seen similarish cases where some Assassinations spawn for a while after they should have stopped, but at least you can complete them).

You need to hope Dominic is watching if you want a real response ;)

Really? Good to know, I submitted it as a technical issue, I'll make another one as "lost my stuff" if they don't reply to that one in 3 days. I work customer service myself and multiple, simultaneous tickets usually just get closed as duplicates.

Really? Good to know, I submitted it as a technical issue, I'll make another one as "lost my stuff" if they don't reply to that one in 3 days. I work customer service myself and multiple, simultaneous tickets usually just get closed as duplicates.

You should get a confirmation email by return (usually) and a follow-up with a result (good or bad or whatever) in a few days (depends on their "response time" on the site). I have always found them really helpful. The bug reports get no response at all but you can view the progress of your other "tickets" by selecting "View My Tickets" (where you can re-open a ticket if you are not happy with their reply).

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
Hi there,

I'll make a note to check this out tomorrow.

It sounds like the mission system wasn't told the faction left the system (Or the faction left after the mission was generated).

Either way it's worth a look to see if it can be mitigated in future.

If you keep that mission alive, Support should be able to sort that out for you easily enough (If you abandon it then it's harder to unpick the effects).

Thanks,
Dom

Thanks for the help everyone, the mission hasn't expired yet, but it only has about 12 hrs left, I'll leave it there and hope for the best.

Top Bottom