Unable to create the park I really want to

Hello!

I want to create an island park, completely surrounded by ocean (Like you could do in RCT3) and guests arriving by ferry boat.
However, in planet coaster, your not able to have a map completely surrounded by ocean it seems. I can create an island, yes, but the land outside of the boundary will always be land, no water / ocean.

I need more flexibility when it comes to the maps, I need to have a map surrounded by ocean to be able to make a realistic pirate island. It was very easy to do in RCT3, please give more freedom when it comes to maps and their surroundings.

Kind regards, David

I too made a map in RCT3 that was surrounded by water. The new terrain editor has a lot of restrictions to it. I don't know if PC will ever surpass RCT3 in anything other than graphics.

I too made a map in RCT3 that was surrounded by water. The new terrain editor has a lot of restrictions to it. I don't know if PC will ever surpass RCT3 in anything other than graphics.

I just dont know why they left such an important feature out, it limits a lot of my ideas and creativity. I am, however, positive that they will implement an ocean map in the near future. I hope one of the devs will stumble upon this thread.

I agree about the new "maps" including the "ocean map" in the future.
I guess the "Map/Scenario Editor" will fix this too, if it's planned ...

They are not very transparent with us, so we just don't know what is in their "todo list"
...We are all like John Snow, we know nothing [haha]

They mentioned a scenario editor back during alpha, but apparently they scrapped it [sad]
Yes [sad]

That's one of many many reasons why I said that they rushed the release for financial reasons (which is understandable), that the game is not finish, and we need few months (see one year) of free updates, before they start to sell us "Expansions Packs/DLC". It was an unpopular opinion at the time, but I guess now that the "hype" start to go down, people realize that I was right, and that it is not for nothing that I strongly debated with those who ask for paying DLC on the spur of the moment.

The working basis is amazing (and, for me, the best on the current market, by far), but ... clearly not finished either.
And, a 12 yrs old game like RCT3, is still "richer".

Wait and see the "winter update" to see what's inside, and hope it's the first of a long serie !

I want to create an island park, completely surrounded by ocean (Like you could do in RCT3) and guests arriving by ferry boat.

Although I also think that island parks surrounded by only water are outstanding, there's first a little requirement we are missing...

We don't have any kind of water-borne transport rides... Until we can have one, I wouldn't worry for a completely water surrounded landmass...

Although I also think that island parks surrounded by only water are outstanding, there's first a little requirement we are missing...

We don't have any kind of water-borne transport rides... Until we can have one, I wouldn't worry for a completely water surrounded landmass...

You are partly right, but I really want to start building that pirate island of mine and I am currently unable to. RCT3 had options to have water surrounded maps (scenario editor) and water-borne rides in the very base game.

Last edited:
This 100 times! [yesnod] I've really been wanting to create an island park aswell. Im hoping this feature will come soon! +1

Last edited:
An ocean background would still need a visible strip of terrain around the whole park to "contain" the water within park boundary. They'd need to change how it works to accommodate a seamless ocean. I'd like to see it too, but I wouldn't get hopes up because of the way that water currently needs elevated terrain before it fills the space.

Incidentally, it's funny how we can create impossible bodies of water with just a thin bit of terrain, leaving normal space underneath. At least he can inspect the boat without needing dry-dock!

lake1.jpg

lake2.jpg

An ocean background would still need a visible strip of terrain around the whole park to "contain" the water within park boundary. They'd need to change how it works to accommodate a seamless ocean. I'd like to see it too, but I wouldn't get hopes up because of the way that water currently needs elevated terrain before it fills the space.

A nothing-but-ocean park skirt's been requested, and the code change allowing water to work against it would be trivial. It might not be completely seamless, but it would be better than not having it at all IMHO.

Like your water-plane tricks though!

Last edited:
I personally don't need an island somewhere in the wide ocean. But a landscape by the ocean like the one on the posted picture would be great ;)

8omyja9c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
The thing with RCT3 is that you could trick the water into going into the horizon depending on what level you placed it at. Like to make an ocean. In PC you can’t. You’re stuck with the skirt outside the border.

The only way to get this done is to upgrade the cobra engine into a engine it can handle most of the required features. Currently the engine is the bottleneck to all of this problems.

Top Bottom